Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 23, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #8,386 of 15,268
Those who have gotten a discount with fit/finish issues from Amazon, could you please PM me some details? 

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #8,387 of 15,268
  Just a heads up guys I got permanently banned from Amazon for too many returns. It wasn't even that many returns either. If you got a email from customer services about your returns then you are already near the edge. Believe me if you try to create a new account they will just ban that too. In fact since my wifes account is the same address they banned her too. 
You might think you are getting away with something but you're not. 

Just an FYI. 

Appreciate for reminding. The only without reason return is BF bought HD650, which might be my second return from my memory. That's why I'm struggle now on X2.
biggrin.gif

Well, I don't think I'll return it again.

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #8,388 of 15,268
  Looking at the picture, and all the blockage, I would be inclined to say that these are more like semi-open cans.  Hmph..

Yeah, they muffle outside sound like my semi opens.  Wonder if anyone has pull all them foam out to see how they sound?  Maybe I should try it before I return them.  Nah, think I'll just return em for something else.

So I guess I wasn't crazy when I said these new X2's were dark and boomy.  Well never heard the X2 before but these were too dark, boomy and enclosed sounding for me.

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #8,389 of 15,268

Appreciate for reminding. The only without reason return is BF bought HD650, which might be my second return from my memory. That's why I'm struggle now on X2.
biggrin.gif

Well, I don't think I'll return it again.

You're welcome. Oh and the email I got from customer care was a nice "oh we see you have been returning a lot of stuff, hope we can help somehow". Its doesnt say anything about stopping or we will ban you ass. :) 

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #8,390 of 15,268
  You're welcome. Oh and the email I got from customer care was a nice "oh we see you have been returning a lot of stuff, hope we can help somehow". Its doesnt say anything about stopping or we will ban you ass. :) 

Well, there are a lot of real abusers/serial returners on Amazon. Sucks that you got under the hammer. Hope you'd get it sorted out.

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #8,391 of 15,268
  Yeah, they muffle outside sound like my semi opens.  Wonder if anyone has pull all them foam out to see how they sound?  Maybe I should try it before I return them.  Nah, think I'll just return em for something else.

So I guess I wasn't crazy when I said these new X2's were dark and boomy.  Well never heard the X2 before but these were too dark, boomy and enclosed sounding for me.

Opening them up before returning would be a bad idea.

Possible something else is the problem since mine are in no way dark and boomy

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #8,392 of 15,268

Well, there are a lot of real abusers/serial returners on Amazon. Sucks that you got under the hammer. Hope you'd get it sorted out.

Oh I did, we since moved and I shop amazon under a fake name. I also created a masked credit card with said persons name. Iv been able to continue to shop there for months now. Good times. :)

It is a really bummer that I had to resort that. 

Getting my X2's on Sunday. Cant wait to try them out. 

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #8,393 of 15,268
  Oh I did, we since moved and I shop amazon under a fake name. I also created a masked credit card with said persons name. Iv been able to continue to shop there for months now. Good times. :)
It is a really bummer that I had to resort that. 
Getting my X2's on Sunday. Cant wait to try them out. 

Ah, gotcha. Well, I think (I hope) people wouldn't be banned for multiple, but legit returns of defective products.

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #8,394 of 15,268

Ah, gotcha. Well, I think (I hope) people wouldn't be banned for multiple, but legit returns of defective products.

I buy a lot of used stuff (or I did) off amazon, and I returned a lot of stuff that was not in the condition that it was advertised. I also returned a few defective things. I would say I returned 12-15 items in a 2 year span. 

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #8,395 of 15,268
Mine arrived yesterday in Australia a week and a half a head of the estimated delivery time. Overall the fit and finish is good, the rings around the edge is lined up perfectly and seem to be glued in nicely. There is a tiny bit of glue on the inside of the pads but no where near as much as others have posted. I will be keeping mine they look ok and sound ok so i'm happy. 

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #8,396 of 15,268
Just a heads up guys I got permanently banned from Amazon for too many returns. It wasn't even that many returns either. If you got a email from customer services about your returns then you are already near the edge. Believe me if you try to create a new account they will just ban that too. In fact since my wifes account is the same address they banned her too. 
You might think you are getting away with something but you're not. 

Just an FYI. 

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #8,397 of 15,268

I am a major Amazon user and they sent me a similar warning email a year ago. I keep 90 percent of what I buy and its a lot. I called customer service and blasted them, telling them to check my shopping history. They gave me a $30 credit and never bothered me again. So it all depends on how much you actually purchase.

I own the X2s, not via Amazon deal. No build issues and favor them over the HD600s, which I owned but sold. I just use an iPhone 6+ and an iPod classic with C&C BH amp. Love them, but now curious as to the Gibson or Woox model. Going to check the box.

Dec 24, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #8,400 of 15,268
Huh, I just A/B'd my brand new replacement X2's with my week old pair. The old pair seems to be much smoother in the highs and noticeably increased sound stage. I'm curious if they plain sound different or it's just the fact that they are unused and require burn-in.

*edit*

It would suck if the old pair was cosmetically defective and the new pair sonically :l I'll burn it in for a day and see if it opens up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back