Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 23, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #8,372 of 15,268
  I'm just gonna jump into this thread for a second, I have a question. My X2s have glued earpads and were imported by Gibson. I bought them from a third party retailer through Amazon. They sound alright, but how am I supposed to know if they're defective? They're the only X2s I've ever heard. Do you guys think that I should try to get a replacement for my X2s? 

Spoke to Phillips rep earlier and the glued ear pads are how they're manufacturing them now. Unless there's something else wrong with them they're not defective. Kind of sneaky by them to change it like that without letting the public know.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #8,374 of 15,268
This thread is more nitpicky and pseudosciency than most of the other nitpicky and pseudosciency threads on this site!

Is pseudosciency an actual term now
wink_face.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #8,375 of 15,268
  Fifth?! Do they all sound the same?

I haven't listened to all of them, some were returned right after visual inspection. I don't believe they sound drastically different.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #8,376 of 15,268

If you like the sound I would just leave them be. There's very low chance to get proper X2 from Amazon these days. I've just got a fifth pair here.

Not sure if I like them yet, I'm just gonna try them out some more I guess. I've been using them near nonstop since the ygot here. Initially I thought they were too bassy (coming from 598), but it's grown on me.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #8,378 of 15,268
Fifth pair???? How and Why?

It's just my OCD about the aluminum trim sticking out. I'm in a quest for a perfect pair, but it seems never-ending.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #8,379 of 15,268
I'd have to agree with @madwolfa Give em a listen first. Unless they are grossly falling apart, there might be nothing to worry about. If there are just some fit n finish issues and you do like the sound, maybe you can work a deal with Amazon to keep the phones and get a partial refund. That's what I did, and the Philips rep reassured me that I'd still get full warranty.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #8,380 of 15,268
  Not sure if I like them yet, I'm just gonna try them out some more I guess. I've been using them near nonstop for about a day now. Initially I thought they were too bassy (coming from 598), but it's grown on me.

In my experience, unless I've just adjusted to the sound, they benefit from burn-in. I believe Philips also recommends quite a bit of burn-in time (200 hours?) before coming to any conclusions.
I've left music playing the last four nights while sleeping. I thought guitars might've been a problem initially but are sounding much better now.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #8,382 of 15,268
  I'd have to agree with @madwolfa Give em a listen first. Unless they are grossly falling apart, there might be nothing to worry about. If there are just some fit n finish issues and you do like the sound, maybe you can work a deal with Amazon to keep the phones and get a partial refund. That's what I did, and the Philips rep reassured me that I'd still get full warranty.

Thanks for the tip, I got a 15% discount for keeping mine (glue/trim issue).  I didn't want to risk getting a replacement on this set and getting one with the same sound signature as my original purchase (sloppy bass).

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #8,383 of 15,268
  Just got his reply. Unfortunately, he cannot check the manufacturer as he doesn't own the headphones anymore. The point though was that the drivers are fully covered (with the exception of a small hole), which I believe answers the "what's blocking the outside of the drivers" question.

Looking at the picture, and all the blockage, I would be inclined to say that these are more like semi-open cans.  Hmph..

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #8,385 of 15,268

I really feel Amazon is pity! Someone even boast returned 20% purchases to Amazon!! Where is the conscience?

Just a heads up guys I got permanently banned from Amazon for too many returns. It wasn't even that many returns either. If you got a email from customer services about your returns then you are already near the edge. Believe me if you try to create a new account they will just ban that too. In fact since my wifes account is the same address they banned her too. 
You might think you are getting away with something but you're not. 

Just an FYI. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back