Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 23, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #8,356 of 15,268

I did replace the black screened drivers in mine with silver screened and witnessed no change.

To get back on topic - I've received my fifth replacement and it still has the offset rings. At this point I'm ready to give up and let it be.

Ok, I'm keeping mine then.  I was waiting for your experience with this replacement.  Are your pads glued to the posts?

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #8,358 of 15,268
  Ok, I'm keeping mine then.  I was waiting for your experience with this replacement.  Are your pads glued to the posts?

To be honest I've never tried to remove pads on either headphone. It's not a deal breaker for me.

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #8,360 of 15,268
  Are they Gibsons or Woox on the box?

All cans I had so far seem to be from WOOX. But the boxes are sometimes different. Last replacement had no yellow "Hi-Res" logo on the box at all. Weird.

Maybe not grainy. It don't actually understand what's that sounds like. But electronic sound is more accurate description.

It could be your source/amp. My Bifrost Multibit is very natural and smooth sounding itself.

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #8,361 of 15,268
  It could be your source/amp. My Bifrost Multibit is very natural and smooth sounding itself.

No, I don't think so. I try several DACs, especially bpth explorer and director. They are well known as smooth and warm sound. It's not serious, but very obvious compared to 600. Maybe I've accustomed to Sennheiser's sound.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #8,362 of 15,268
  No, I don't think so. I try several DACs, especially bpth explorer and director. They are well known as smooth and warm sound. It's not serious, but very obvious compared to 600. Maybe I've accustomed to Sennheiser's sound.

Dunno, I've used HD600 for a good third of my life and sound-wise I find them on par. Wish they (X2) had the same build quality, consistency and attention to QC, though.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #8,363 of 15,268

Dunno, I've used HD600 for a good third of my life and sound-wise I find them on par. Wish they (X2) had the same build quality, consistency and attention to QC, though.

Ok, maybe not very accurate metaphor, but I think it can demonstrate my feeling. I think X2's sound is more like from a AB driver rather than a dynamic driver. Anyway, I'll keep listening for a while to see if I can finally accept its sound.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #8,364 of 15,268
  Ok, maybe not very accurate metaphor, but I think it can demonstrate my feeling. I think X2's sound is more like from a AB driver rather than a dynamic driver. Anyway, I'll keep listening for a while to see if I can finally accept its sound.

Don't struggle too much, it might just not be your cup of tea. I think generally you can tell if you're "into" the headphone in a first hour or so.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #8,365 of 15,268
  Hey all, new poster here. 

I am one of the many that bought these headphones on the Amazon $200 deal. Overall they sound great, but I've had one issue that I'm not positive is a major problem or if it is expected. I know that the earpads are designed to be removable, I found the left earpad to be removable with a bit of force and will stick back onto the pegs decent well and hold there. I found the right pad to be very easy to remove and after the first time even a very small amount of force pulls it away from the headphones. Is that a desired outcome, or are these faulty in some way? I don't see any glue on the ends of the pegs (but I do see white stuff behind where the pegs are going into the holes that I assume is either a glue/sticky tape of some sort). If you need a picture for clarification I can do that, just let me know.

http://i.imgur.com/ENkxP7f.jpg is a picture of the inside of the right earcup.

Should I return these/should I expect a different result?

Thanks for any advice you all have, 

That white is just the colour of the foam I would imagine

Man, what happened to this thread.....

Yah, it's kinda run amok.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #8,367 of 15,268
I'm just gonna jump into this thread for a second, I have a question. My X2s have glued earpads and were imported by Gibson. I bought them from a third party retailer through Amazon. They sound alright, but how am I supposed to know if they're defective? They're the only X2s I've ever heard. Do you guys think that I should try to get a replacement for my X2s? 

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #8,368 of 15,268
  I'm just gonna jump into this thread for a second, I have a question. My X2s have glued earpads and were imported by Gibson. I bought them from a third party retailer through Amazon. They sound alright, but how am I supposed to know if they're defective? They're the only X2s I've ever heard. Do you guys think that I should try to get a replacement for my X2s? 

If you like the sound I would just leave them be. There's very low chance to get proper X2 from Amazon these days. I've just got a fifth pair here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back