Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 18, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #7,831 of 15,268
Well mine have the same glue issue. I am chatting with amazon now, they offered to let me order from a different seller (fulfilled by prime), and I can keep these until the new ones arrive then Ill send these back. I got a feeling the ones from this other seller will be fine.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #7,833 of 15,268
Im pretty sure they are no longer removable since on this pair I have now the pegs have glue and foam from the pads stuck on them. They came off pretty easy though which is why I thought my pair was fine. Still a very good headphone though but yeah it seems pretty fishy that a sale comes around and all of a sudden everyone is getting defective pairs.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #7,834 of 15,268
  Well mine have the same glue issue. I am chatting with amazon now, they offered to let me order from a different seller (fulfilled by prime), and I can keep these until the new ones arrive then Ill send these back. I got a feeling the ones from this other seller will be fine.

If you're ordering from DB DEALS or whoever - my third pair is from him and it has the same issues (peeling off aluminum trim). 

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #7,835 of 15,268
How does the glue detract from the headphone? Harder to swap the foam cups?

From the reviews it seems like they wont really stick without the glue, one user said they even fall off without it...

In my case the glue smells, and that's sketchy.  I could only smell it when it's on my head though...
  Well..... I'm also at a loss for words now.

Because the worst case scenario wouldn't be returning them?  Where would that be a worst case?  That's a good case....  If you didn't get a return, and got stuck with ****ty HPs that didn't work, then you're a worst case.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #7,836 of 15,268
  Im pretty sure they are no longer removable since on this pair I have now the pegs have glue and foam from the pads stuck on them. They came off pretty easy though which is why I thought my pair was fine. Still a very good headphone though but yeah it seems pretty fishy that a sale comes around and all of a sudden everyone is getting defective pairs.

No, the issue is that @madwolfa had 3-4 bad pairs, he was told they would investigate 2-3 weeks before they went on sale...  Then they went for sale on Amazon, and then 2 days later they are "up for review...."

The issue is that Amazon KNEW for WEEKS that their stock was bad, and still had a sale with it.

The buddy who sells on Amazon says that the "Gold Sale" is one of their best sales....  Well yeah, if **** worked lol!

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #7,837 of 15,268
^^^Yay for me 
biggrin.gif
. Oh well amazon is cool they wont leave us hanging... I hope.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #7,839 of 15,268
  No, the issue is that @madwolfa had 3-4 bad pairs, he was told they would investigate 2-3 weeks before they went on sale...  Then they went for sale on Amazon, and then 2 days later they are "up for review...."

The issue is that Amazon KNEW for WEEKS that their stock was bad, and still had a sale with it.

Yes, this is exactly what happened.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #7,840 of 15,268
So: if my foam cups don't pop off easily, they're glued / fused? Other people have pairs with easily removed cups?

They might be.  I received my pair back in July.  My pads just pull off very easily.  There's just enough grip (in the rubber holes) to hold them on securely.  No glue.  My pair has no issues except for a little ink bleed that I remedied by washing the pads in a bowl with laundry detergent and rinsing well. They are now softer and feel better.

The only thing I can think of is that Philips must have started getting complaints that the pads were falling off too easily.  Mine do come right off but it hasn't been a problem for me.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #7,841 of 15,268
No, the issue is that @madwolfa
 had 3-4 bad pairs, he was told they would investigate 2-3 weeks before they went on sale...  Then they went for sale on Amazon, and then 2 days later they are "up for review...."

The buddy who sells on Amazon says that the "Gold Sale" is one of their best sales....  Well yeah, if **** worked lol!

Yay capitalism?

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #7,842 of 15,268
Unless these are counterfeit, which I doubt, I'd think going through Philips would be preferable over going through Amazon. Isn't this the sort of things manufacturer warranties are made for?

Philips Customer Service is pretty bad though. Amazon on the other hand responds fast and has good return policies. Don't like them, or if your product is faulty/defective, just return them for a refund or replacement. Much preferable compared to reaching out to Philips and be left hanging, at least imo.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #7,843 of 15,268
So my question is... has anyone actually contacted Phillips about what this glue is, and inquired them hardcore? Has anyone talked to a supervisor/someone higbher up?  I'm about to drop the BEAT on these mofos...

Quote:
  ^^^Yay for me 
biggrin.gif
. Oh well amazon is cool they wont leave us hanging... I hope.

Amazon is good with returns, but sketchy with sales... Lol....

Unless these are counterfeit, which I doubt, I'd think going through Philips would be preferable over going through Amazon. Isn't this the sort of things manufacturer warranties are made for?

Doubt it, sounds like Phillips dropped the ball big time... Especialy if 3rd party sellers also have this issue according to @madwolfa's third pair....

They might be.  I received my pair back in July.  My pads just pull off very easily.  There's just enough grip (in the rubber holes) to hold them on securely.  No glue.  My pair has no issues except for a little ink bleed that I remedied by washing the pads in a bowl with laundry detergent and rinsing well. They are now softer and feel better.

The only thing I can think of is that Philips must have started getting complaints that the pads were falling off too easily.  Mind do come right off but it hasn't been a problem for me.

STILL INK ISSUES... SDGHASDHFASDHFASHFHDS

Yay capitalism?

Murica baby.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #7,845 of 15,268
If we assume the sale was provided due to glue shenanigans:

Would you rather have $300 headphones or $200 headphones that come with FREE GLUE?

I rather have the piece of mind that I'm not inhaling toxic fumes, or ink bleeding on me, yeah...

Granted the 300$ pair has these issues too... I'm sure...

Esepcially since @madwolfa paid 300$ for his issues....

But... you know...   it's my fault, because I knew this was a possibility, and it happened.  I took advantage of an obvious sale to get rid of faulty product, and it backfired.

At least I got to hear another pair, and form more opinions....

I just feel like buying another Logitech G35, and being done with it... HOWEVER I hear there are issues with the sound with that now... Plus it's so much less than it used to be, Idk if quality took a dump...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back