Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 14, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #7,096 of 15,268

What are you concerned about?  I had them for a couple months and quite liked them. 

If it is in regards to the build issues discussed recently in the thread, mine never had those issues.  As far as I'm aware, a bunch of other owners also had no issues.  Maybe it is a recent shipment?  Either way, amazon has great return policies if yours do have any issues.

Thge build quality is minor, but people were discussing imbalances in left vs right ear, and something about "Adapters" and such....

There's also the leaky pads which should be fixed with a soak.

I'm also if you have a recommendation for an Amp/DAC.  I was looking at the Aune T1 MK2 Tube DAC, not sure if that would work well though? :)

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #7,097 of 15,268
Thge build quality is minor, but people were discussing imbalances in left vs right ear, and something about "Adapters" and such....

I'm also if you have a recommendation for an Amp/DAC.  I was looking at the Aune T1 MK2 Tube DAC, not sure if that would work well though? :)

It's tricky really, the imbalance is. I said before that i feel like my pair has an imbalance and use sinesweep to see it, but turns out the sinesweep has the exact same imbalance on another headphone (though not as pronounce)

I came to the conclusion "okay, let's stick with songs to detect imbalance"
But then every song is different, some singers deliberately sing on one side, some is just straight imbalance from the start and x2 is that good to make it more pronounced compared to my hd558

So yeah...
The adapters are neglible, you can buy another for cheap (3,5 mm to 6,5 mm), the pad is also neglible. I own x2 from a year ago and no peeling alumunium and such.

For dac, it's taste really, i don't like the idea of pairing tube with x2. I'd rather go with something neutral, with low impedance of course since x2 is only 32 ohm

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #7,098 of 15,268

Imbalances and ink bleed were both something discussed a few months ago when I had mine and was posting more in this thread.  IIRC the imbalances were pretty rare and easily tested.  The ink bleed was also something that seemed more prevalent with earlier batches. (Also a fix for them if yours does have that issue)

I haven't heard the Aune myself, though I think another poster had that setup with his X2 and liked it.  I ran my X2 from my M&M Uber stack and liked it.  The thing about the X2 is that it is VERY easily driven and doesn't respond a huge amount to amping.  Something simple like a Schiit Fulla is plenty and considerably cheaper at $80.

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #7,101 of 15,268
Originally planned to get an HE-400S...then this Amazon deal. 

Ordered one already! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #7,106 of 15,268
It's a steal.

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #7,107 of 15,268
I own AD2000 and HD800. How will I like adding the X2 to my inventory?

If you're looking for less analytical, fun sound, you will like it. I think it would complement your cans nicely.

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #7,108 of 15,268
I already got the Denon D2000 and i love the sound besides the hot treble (i use slight eq to solve most of it).
Are the X2 worth the hassle of selling the Denons,dealing with X2's shipping etc? how much of an improvement they'll be?

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #7,109 of 15,268
I already got the Denon D2000 and i love the sound besides the hot treble (i use slight eq to solve most of it).
Are the X2 worth the hassle of selling the Denons,dealing with X2's shipping etc? how much of an improvement they'll be?

Haven't heard of the Denons but to my ears, the x2's treble sounds really smooth & it also has great bass presence... this is coming from a 19 yo boy who loves pop,rock & metal :basshead:

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #7,110 of 15,268

I would get them, try them and decide for yourself if it's worth it. Amazon has extended return period for the holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back