Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 13, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #7,066 of 15,268
If you post a picture of yours it would be easier for us to comment.

Edit: Since there's been no reports of fake X2's it seems highly unlikely that Amazon would sell fake ones......

TBH I wanted to upload its photo too but my crappy browser doesn't support it :xf_mad: I'll try to log in with another device & post photo ASAP...

My uncle mentioned that the package I've recieved was inside another big black box...

However, thanks for the help so far. I'll try my best to put everything together.

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #7,068 of 15,268
Yeah, that is whats bugging me most...paid full price !

Btw there is a serial number inside the box : PY1A1519011312
Is there any way to check this ? O.o

This is what my inner box looks like:

My serial number is built up the dame way as yours (PY1A.......) .

I'd still ne really surprised if it's indeed fake.

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #7,069 of 15,268
This is what my inner box looks like:

My serial number is built up the dame way as yours (PY1A.......) .

I'd still ne really surprised if it's indeed fake.

Bingo ! That's exactly what I've recieved... :D glad you posted that photo.

Now I'm pretty much certain that it is either my ears or the DAPs that is causing small soundstage(only gripe so far).

I need more time. Will check back later :L3000:

Dec 13, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #7,070 of 15,268
So, can anyone finally give some detailed account on the bass plus cushions? Do they make the bass muddy? I am quite happy with the bass quantity of the X2, but there seem to be absolutely no other cushions for them.

Dec 13, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #7,071 of 15,268
So, can anyone finally give some detailed account on the bass plus cushions? Do they make the bass muddy? I am quite happy with the bass quantity of the X2, but there seem to be absolutely no other cushions for them.

+1, I'm also curious on them.

I would not like any more midbass but could do with a bit more deep bass :wink:

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #7,072 of 15,268
I am no expert on describing bass but the bass plus pads do seem to give deeper impact to the bass. There is a difference there but I have no way of describing quantity. But that could be burn in too. I probably have only 30 to 40 hours on them. Anyway I got the pads more for comfort reasons as the stock ones were too stiff and irritating to me at times and gave me somewhat of a sore jaw. The bass plus pads are very comfortable. They much softer to me. I have no problems anymore. So on that basis alone it was worth the 28 dollars.

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #7,075 of 15,268
Stock pads are pretty soft & comfortable.

The fit is slightly flimsy though(small clamping force & the headband barely touches my head) but that's probably because I have a ridiculously small head ! -_-

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #7,076 of 15,268
After 3 weeks my RMA is finally approved by Philips. But I'm on my third pair already... Is there a chance they would send me a perfect replacement?

Thank you for contacting Philips, in request for your case update I can inform you that your exchange has been approved. The shipping information should come in the following days and we would then update you with the tracking number. If you have any other questions please call us back.

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #7,077 of 15,268
Always a chance. The only question is, will you take it?

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #7,078 of 15,268

Users who are viewing this thread

Back