Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 12, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #7,053 of 15,268
  Hammy, we traveled a similar path...I started my recent upgrades with the Sennheiser 598. Lighter, thinner, and a better fit for me and I really liked the SE edition in all black. The cables provided were just right. The mids and highs were very good. Unfortunately, the bass both mid-low and low just felt too thin. The music just didn't have the weight I was looking for. That changed with the X2s. I knew immediately these added what was missing from the 598s, I promptly sent back the HD598s. Again, the 598s are very nice headphones and wish I could have also kept them. My only complaint with the X2s is that they are a heavier and they exert a some downward pressure on the bottom of the earpads rather than the pressure being fully spread. I think it has to do with the headband and light elastic adjustment. Not my favorite style but fits good enough and it does feel plush with the included earpads. 

Thank you very much for your impressions.  It helped me make my decision.

Amazon.fr flash deal 199 eur
http://www.amazon.fr/Philips-X2-00-dint%C3%A9rieur-coussinets/dp/B00MRUPSHQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1449919680&sr=1-1&keywords=fidelio+x2

Great timing as I had decided to purchase these bad boys today.  I was ready to pay 223,99€ from a sketch Finnish web shop when you posted this deal.  I ended up paying 212,76€ ($233.88) which was €4~ more than the cheapest shipping option, but estimates delivery on the 16th instead of >28th.

Wouldn't have been able to hold it in if I had gone for the cheapest after-Christmas delivery option!

Also just noticed that tomorrow is my 1 year Head-Fi anniversary - nice timing for a new toy.

Dec 12, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #7,054 of 15,268
Thank you very much for your impressions.  It helped me make my decision.

Great timing as I had decided to purchase these bad boys today.  I was ready to pay 223,99€ from a sketch Finnish web shop when you posted this deal.  I ended up paying 212,76€ ($233.88) which was €4~ more than the cheapest shipping option, but estimates delivery on the 16th instead of >28th.

Wouldn't have been able to hold it in if I had gone for the cheapest after-Christmas delivery option!

Also just noticed that tomorrow is my 1 year Head-Fi anniversary - nice timing for a new toy.

Congratulations on your purchase and "Happy Head-Fi Anniversary," Hammy! I hope that your experience with the X2s develops like mine has: it just gets better and better. I'm currently having lots of fun listening to some of my all-time favorite tracks, first with Sony MDR-7506s (to get a detailed and close-to-neutral glimpse at the final recording mix) and then with the X2s (to hear that mix fully blossom in the awesome musical space created by the Philips cans). Like the 7506s, the X2s never disappoint me. I'm not sure whether the X2s will match the longevity of the 7506s (which debuted in 1991) . . . but I hope I'm still around in 2038 to find out!

I'm looking forward to your impressions as you get to know your X2s, so be sure to take an occasional break from listening and write us a quick update. Enjoy!

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #7,055 of 15,268
My third replacement (from 3rd party seller) just arrived and they have the same issue... though not as bad as previous ones. I guess I'd have to live with it..

EDIT: and the moment I put them on, I just forget about all this ... 
beyersmile.png

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #7,056 of 15,268
  My third replacement (from 3rd party seller) just arrived and they have the same issue... though not as bad as previous ones. I guess I'd have to live with it..

EDIT: and the moment I put them on, I just forget about all this ... 
beyersmile.png

Oh noes what happened with this pair?  The same left/right ear not lining up issue?  Is it possibly your port, or maybe the plug isn't all the way in the port?  When I had my pioneer HRM-7's there was a weird issue with them not sounding great, with one ear more than the other and such, and I noticed it wasn't fully plugged into my laptop.  I figured it out when I went to check if the port was causing issues (the port is pretty messed up).  The HRM-7's had a screw on adapter so it was hard to see if the plug was fully in or not.

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #7,057 of 15,268
Oh noes what happened with this pair?  The same left/right ear not lining up issue? 

Nah, the sound is good. Only cosmetic. Having some woes with that circular aluminum trim around the left earcup.

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #7,058 of 15,268

Nah, the sound is good. Only cosmetic. Having some woes with that circular aluminum trim around the left earcup.

Oh.. yeah.. that's right :p.

Someone mentioned some crap with left ear sounding softer than right ear I believe...

Sucks you keep having issues.. :frowning2:

Dec 13, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #7,059 of 15,268
Can someone post the latest photo of the box of fidelio x2 ?

I've just recieved mine & concerned about it being genuine.(bought it directly from amazon though) The box is black with "Philips Fidelio x2" written in middle. Specifications are written bellow & there are mothing else. I've just returned from a long journey & impressions aren't that great so far... Also, NW A25 seems to lack juice :frowning2: even my ipod is better :frowning2: I'm really paranoid atm. Will give update later.

Dec 13, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #7,060 of 15,268
Can someone post the latest photo of the box of fidelio x2 ?

I've just recieved mine & concerned about it being genuine.(bought it directly from amazon though) The box is black with "Philips Fidelio x2" written in middle. Specifications are written bellow & there are mothing else. I've just returned from a long journey & impressions aren't that great so far... Also, NW A25 seems to lack juice
frown.gif
even my ipod is better
frown.gif
I'm really paranoid atm. Will give update later.

https://i.imgur.com/Fz3AmkY.jpg

Pretty sure that's what it looks like and it wouldn't have changed

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #7,063 of 15,268
Thanks for posting. I'm not sure. Is there any other box inside that ? Maybe I've recieved that...

If you post a picture of yours it would be easier for us to comment.

Edit: Since there's been no reports of fake X2's it seems highly unlikely that Amazon would sell fake ones......

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #7,065 of 15,268
Guys, I think I've recieved a lemon
-____-

Man that sucks :frowning2:

Only good thing is that you bought from Amazon but I still understand that you're disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back