Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 28, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #6,046 of 15,268
If you are interested, I can give you a some further specs:

They are quite thick (5,9 mm) so they are somewhat less flexible than other cables. But that does not matter for desktop use.
They do have zero microphonics. And they are inexpensive, I paid less than 10 Euros for 1.5m. They are also avaiable with 3.0m length.

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #6,047 of 15,268
  If you are interested, I can give you a some further specs:

They are quite thick (5,9 mm) so they are somewhat less flexible than other cables. But that does not matter for desktop use.
They do have zero microphonics. And they are inexpensive, I paid less than 10 Euros for 1.5m. They are also avaiable with 3.0m length.

The thickness doesn't bother me the least, I only use them at home.
Where did you buy it? What was the shipping cost?

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #6,051 of 15,268
Hi guys, the X2 I bought for £160 second hand (couple of months old from a hi-fi lover) arrived today. Have to say I am very pleased. Very nice sound. (Listening to them straight from my Fiio X3 2nd gen.)

I did own a Sennheiser HD600, and I loved them very much. Fantastic comfort, awesome sound. Opened, spacious, detailed, lifelike. My only problem was the lack of bass with many of the music genres I listen to. (In most of the music I like 'important' things are happening in the bass, do not just give background to the rest of the music, like in classical. For that purpose HD600 is still the best.) So partly for this reason I sold them thinking I will keep just my V-Moda M-100 for enjoying music. The M-100s does a great job. For a closed can. It does the bass brilliantly, however you loose the advantage of opened mids and highs. M100 is a great headphone, but it is closed. Which has its pros like isolation, and tight, punchy bass. But has its cons as well like loosing space and naturalness.

So after a couple of month with my M-100 (enjoying its bass but missing natural openness) I decided to find another opened headphone. With more bass than the HD600. I remembered X2 but never really caught  my attention, as I wanted to buy a HD600 which was a dream for long. (My budget does not really allow to collect headphones, just to keep a decent opened, closed one and an IEM.)
 So I bought the X2. I know they do not really need an amp due to the low impedance, but I wonder how they will sound through the iFi Nano iCan arriving tomorrow. Straght from my Fiio X3 2nd gen they do sound pretty impressive. I have got the openness and space and naturalness I was missing with the M100. Ok, the bass is not that tight and punchy, but I honestly can say, I do not miss anything from the bass. Everything is there actually. Quantity, cleanliness, refinement. (I do wonder though, what the iFi Nano iCan's X-Bass click will add to it. )
Very good headphones. Like taking the good things from the HD600 and the M100, and mix them together. Ok, HD600 might be a bit more refined and detailed, and more natural. (And neutral of course). M100 might have tighter and punchier bass, but they are not as good with the rest of their soundscape as X2 is. X2 is a slight compromise from the things M100 and HD600 shine. But all together you do not really want to go back just for listening neither to M100 nor HD600. X2 just does the job actually...

More impressions to come after the Nano iCan arrives. (I am also curious how it compares to Micro iCan which I enjoyed but sold as well.)

To be honest I did not really enjoy music this much since I sold my HD600. M100 was ok, and fun. But did not really give that 'euphoric' type of music experience. X2 brought it back to me, in an advanced and more fun way.

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #6,054 of 15,268
Here's some more material for you guys to circlejerk to: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3n1scv/just_got_the_philips_x227_and_let_me_just_say/

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #6,055 of 15,268
Don't know about that one. seems like the guy has a ****ty amp or something. :D

In any case For me X2's not very good, they got nothing on 400i's and they barely stand up against SHP9500, SHP lose in sound quality, but even then they sound better.

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #6,056 of 15,268

In any case For me X2's not very good, they got nothing on 400i's and they barely stand up against SHP9500, SHP lose in sound quality, but even then they sound better.

It almost seems as though everyone has different opinions on different headphones. I actually tried the 400i and it was nice to listen to. Mid forward coming from the x2, more detailed as well; I believe technically the 400i is a better headphone. However I couldn't get away from how much I enjoyed the x2s signature. I don't really understand the hype about the SHP9500. I haven't heard it myself but it seems to just be an hd600 with even less bass. For me the hd600 were already lacking in bass to be balanced and taking even more away from that for me can't be good. I will of course continue to recommend it at its price point of course as it is very good value for an hd600 'sound-alike' .

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #6,057 of 15,268

In any case For me X2's not very good, they got nothing on 400i's and they barely stand up against SHP9500, SHP lose in sound quality, but even then they sound better.​

As always, everybody has different preferences on what they want their headphones to sound like.  A pair of headphones that might sound amazing to you might sound terrible to someone else and vice versa.

Sep 30, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #6,058 of 15,268
  As always, everybody has different preferences on what they want their headphones to sound like.  A pair of headphones that might sound amazing to you might sound terrible to someone else and vice versa.

That is why I said for me...But there is always too many people that go about saying how great things are even when mostly they are subjective.

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #6,059 of 15,268
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg
  Hi guys, the X2 I bought for £160 second hand (couple of months old from a hi-fi lover) arrived today. Have to say I am very pleased. Very nice sound. (Listening to them straight from my Fiio X3 2nd gen.)

I did own a Sennheiser HD600, and I loved them very much. Fantastic comfort, awesome sound. Opened, spacious, detailed, lifelike. My only problem was the lack of bass with many of the music genres I listen to. (In most of the music I like 'important' things are happening in the bass, do not just give background to the rest of the music, like in classical. For that purpose HD600 is still the best.) So partly for this reason I sold them thinking I will keep just my V-Moda M-100 for enjoying music. The M-100s does a great job. For a closed can. It does the bass brilliantly, however you loose the advantage of opened mids and highs. M100 is a great headphone, but it is closed. Which has its pros like isolation, and tight, punchy bass. But has its cons as well like loosing space and naturalness.

So after a couple of month with my M-100 (enjoying its bass but missing natural openness) I decided to find another opened headphone. With more bass than the HD600. I remembered X2 but never really caught  my attention, as I wanted to buy a HD600 which was a dream for long. (My budget does not really allow to collect headphones, just to keep a decent opened, closed one and an IEM.)
 So I bought the X2. I know they do not really need an amp due to the low impedance, but I wonder how they will sound through the iFi Nano iCan arriving tomorrow. Straght from my Fiio X3 2nd gen they do sound pretty impressive. I have got the openness and space and naturalness I was missing with the M100. Ok, the bass is not that tight and punchy, but I honestly can say, I do not miss anything from the bass. Everything is there actually. Quantity, cleanliness, refinement. (I do wonder though, what the iFi Nano iCan's X-Bass click will add to it. )
Very good headphones. Like taking the good things from the HD600 and the M100, and mix them together. Ok, HD600 might be a bit more refined and detailed, and more natural. (And neutral of course). M100 might have tighter and punchier bass, but they are not as good with the rest of their soundscape as X2 is. X2 is a slight compromise from the things M100 and HD600 shine. But all together you do not really want to go back just for listening neither to M100 nor HD600. X2 just does the job actually...

More impressions to come after the Nano iCan arrives. (I am also curious how it compares to Micro iCan which I enjoyed but sold as well.)

To be honest I did not really enjoy music this much since I sold my HD600. M100 was ok, and fun. But did not really give that 'euphoric' type of music experience. X2 brought it back to me, in an advanced and more fun way.

Booya! That's what i'm talking about! good stuff, thx!

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #6,060 of 15,268

It almost seems as though everyone has different opinions on different headphones. I actually tried the 400i and it was nice to listen to. Mid forward coming from the x2, more detailed as well; I believe technically the 400i is a better headphone. However I couldn't get away from how much I enjoyed the x2s signature. I don't really understand the hype about the SHP9500. I haven't heard it myself but it seems to just be an hd600 with even less bass. For me the hd600 were already lacking in bass to be balanced and taking even more away from that for me can't be good. I will of course continue to recommend it at its price point of course as it is very good value for an hd600 'sound-alike' .

Agreed. I own the 9500 and in no universe would I take those over the X2. I love the X2, it's just fun. SHP9500 is a much thinner sound, though detailed for the price. I don't crave details with the X2, they're more than detailed enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back