Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 11, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #5,881 of 15,268

That's what they want you to think. The truth is out there!

X2 can also cause mild euphoria, being pretty decent phone for the price. Watch out.

+1 top kek
https://soundcloud.com/majorleaguewobs/loreen-euphoria-dubstep-remix

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #5,883 of 15,268
Sep 11, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #5,884 of 15,268
Kev got me thinkin' - if using a Modi 2 Uber, which connection type is going to offer the best sound quality?  I'd assume optical like he's using, although USB is pretty much the standard nowadays.  I don't know if it's the standard because it's so universal or if it offers the best sound quality.

I know PC to USB can sometimes have interference, which can be cleaned up with something like the $99 Schiit Wyrd, but would it be better to just skip the Wyrd and go optical?

Bearing in mind that I am using the NAD as a CD transport, rather than using a PC as my signal source, I can report that using the coaxial connection on either of my Moda 2 Uber units produces music that occupies a slightly larger soundstage (in all dimensions) that is also slightly less dry than what is produced using the optical connection. Let me emphasize that the difference is SLIGHT . . . I'm not talking about something like the difference between "tube" and "solid state" amps! I use the optical connection on the Moda 2 Uber that feeds the HeadRoom Micro amplifier, since the Micro offers a "crossfeed" switch that subtly opens the soundstage - and produces a listening experience that is only slightly less (maybe 3 or 4 %?) than what is produced by the Moda 2 Uber/Magni 2 Uber "Schiit Stack" that's fed through the coaxial connection.

It's entirely possible that the difference is a product of the kind and quality of the two different connection ports on the NAD CD player - or of differences in the characteristics of the two interconnect cables (although the whole chairside system is linked using AudioQuest Evergreen cables throughout) - or any number of other variables. I don't really have any motivation to track down the difference, especially since it doesn't detract from my listening pleasure and it is stable across all listening situations. No matter what kind of music or headphone is involved, it's there - and can be noted by other listeners, too. But it's not a difference that makes any difference!

I can appreciate your problem of trying to eliminate noise from a PC to USB connection. My chief source of interference is three small, loud dogs - and my only way to eliminate it (temporarily) is to sequester the pooches in another room and close the door. If that doesn't work, all I can do is break out my Etymotic ER4-PT IEMs and insert them so deeply that brain fluid leaks out of my ear canals when I'm through listening and yank 'em out! The Etys are a bit more analytical than I usually enjoy, but they can block just about any ambient noise that's below the level of incoming mortar rounds!

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #5,885 of 15,268
  The majority of that song clips. Constantly throughout it. 

The "+1 top kek" was referring to his post about how the X2 sounded euphoric.  The song I linked was a joke, as it alluded to a different meaning of euphoria.
The song isn't meant to be taken seriously.

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #5,888 of 15,268
Would this sounds good using directly with laptop and smartphones?

You bet. If there ever was a HP that didn't 'need' expensive amping or whatever, this is it.

+1!! When I bought my X2s, I already owned entry-level amps/DACs . . . so I tried them out with the new headphones. They made the X2s even more enjoyable. However, the X2s are still the best open-back 'phones I have ever heard for under $500, even when I just plug them directly into my laptop, iPod, tablet, AV system, etc. An amp/DAC is absolutely NOT necessary in order for me (and probably you, too) to be amazed at how great the X2s are at delivering a wonderfully satisfying listening experience.

Sep 12, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #5,890 of 15,268
  Alright, so I was wondering if any of you guys who have bought your X2's VERY recently (since I'm suspecting there's just one batch with this so far, not sure though), but do you guys have your earpads GLUED to the actual headphone? There's some sort of adhesive stuff on the four pins holding the earpad in place. I have a picture of my own pair right here:

https://gyazo.com/bf10353036aaa29cee17a5781f901b5a

Yes, I did take off the earpad even though it was glued on and it did come off with a bit more force, and yes it was easy to put back on, so no worries here. I just figured that if I could take them off of my last pair I should be able to do it with these too, but they sure had to make it more difficult for some reason.

I want to know if this is in any way normal when it comes to the X2's or not (I have already exchanged one pair because of random paint flaking), so if I have gotten another strange pair I will not be too happy about it.

If you have this thing on your X2's or if you've heard about someone with the same thing just let me know, because I am curious about this right now. Thanks in advance.

I have this exact same thing with my X2's. I'm curious if they could be fakes, I ordered from a place called DB Deals on Amazon which had the order fullfilled via Amazon.

The earpads came lightly glued on the pins and the box says "Hi-Res Audio on the upper right corner of the box." The headphones sound alright, but it bugs me to think I might have a fake one. When I remove the right ear cup I see what looks like a serial number sticker on the headphone, it reads PY1A1....  In addition the clamping force doesn't seem to bad. My ATH-M50's seem to have a heavier clamping force.

What is everyones consensus on this issue?

Sep 12, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #5,893 of 15,268
Alright guys, I'm gonna ask seriously, exactly where in amazon can I find these completely brand new ? Without any glue, without ink bleed or any defects ? I mean, who are the authorise seller ? Regarding that, I'm willing to pay full amount. I just can't return them :frowning2: That's why I'm asking...please tell which seller I can trust ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back