Philips Fidelio X2?!
May 3, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #4,621 of 15,268
I mean, im not intended to get any disease by letting my skin absorbing I nk,i saw good reviews if not great,I knew the sound signature shape frequency of this headphones, and it's my kinda sound signature.And so is the x1.

I have not buy this headphone,i still have my ath m50.

And if this ink bled issue is real ,
I may look for other headphones,
Maybe it's brother, the x1 or maybe just something else that doesn't bled ink i would buy

Can anyone really prove this ink issues nonexistent???

Use the thread search, the ink problem has been talked to death in this thread

Response from the manufacturer

http://www.head-fi.org/t/723025/philips-fidelio-x2/4305#post_11440533

The X1 had the same problem.

May 3, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #4,624 of 15,268
Does the Phillips fidelio x2 still suffer dye ink bled???
I simply can't justify the cost of x2,if later i've to go to hospital.

No one is going to die or go to the hospital because of ink bleed.  Seriously.  But if its going to keep you up at night, don't buy them.  You probably have more important and legitimate things to worry about.

May 3, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #4,625 of 15,268
i have been using the DX90, Explorer 2 and dacmagic xs.
out of the bunch, the DX90 has the cleanest background and best transparency. The dacmagic x in general is a bright and a bit harsh sounding with all the headphones i have tried it with (not musical) but surprisingly, it pairs up very very well with the X2. It gives the X2 that extra bit of energy to make it sound more lively. The Explorer 2 could be the safest bet. Its musical, clean, has this analogue sound to it (more real sounding), and it pairs well with all the headphones i have tried it with, unlike the dacmagic xs.
when it comes to scaling up in sound quality with or without amps, i find it as a rule that all over the ear headphones require an amp to sound their best. The X2s are totally fine used out of a laptop or a phone, but they definitely sound better with an amp. An amp will allow the headphones to sound more spacious, much less fatiguing in extended use, less harsh when you turn the volume up. I doubt you will detect the difference in a quick a/b comparison though, but once u use an amp for some time and get used to it, say several hours maybe, then switching to a phone or a laptop/tablet will expose the weaknesses of their sound and show you the merits of having a proper amp.

Thanks for the coment, and yeah, i do noticed with time that dac/amps help improving the sound of practicly any headphone.

May 3, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #4,627 of 15,268
  Wonder if these will ever go on sale, price seems to be solid.

In my country, one store is selling Phillips at crazy price.
Let's see, their normal price is around USD 250 (The exchange rate is pretty crazy lately, so yeah)
and now they gave 20% discount and make X2 go for about USD 200

But they price the L2 for higher tag, it's price around USD 350 normally, though with discount it goes for USD 280.

May 4, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #4,630 of 15,268
Apparently the X2 is impossible to sell on ebay (in my experience). I love how there are incredible amounts of amazon warehouse deals listings for the X2 ruining my ability to sell my pair. They're all probably returns with channel imbalance and such or the typical buy it to try it return. I'm irritated either way.

The X2 is hard to love if you want excitement and energy imo. Same for the HD600. I'll never buy another pair of laid back headphones. Live and learn. Not an issue for games, but a big issue for the rock/metal I listen to. I can't think of a better headband than the X2's though; it's simply fantastic.

My pair is from amazon warehouse and I have yet to notice a channel imbalance in my music. Anyway I could test it?

May 4, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #4,632 of 15,268
The X2 is hard to love if you want excitement and energy imo. Same for the HD600. I'll never buy another pair of laid back headphones. Live and learn. Not an issue for games, but a big issue for the rock/metal I listen to. I can't think of a better headband than the X2's though; it's simply fantastic.

I listen to almost strictly rock, including all its subgenres (metal as well), and I absolutely love my X2. I have my Grados for that up-front attack listening to studio albums, but when I listen to live shows I want that soundstage. Where the X2 lacks in that in-your-face excitement, it more than makes up for with its ability to make live shows feel like you're in the venue.

May 4, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #4,635 of 15,268

I listen to almost strictly rock, including all its subgenres (metal as well), and I absolutely love my X2. I have my Grados for that up-front attack listening to studio albums, but when I listen to live shows I want that soundstage. Where the X2 lacks in that in-your-face excitement, it more than makes up for with its ability to make live shows feel like you're in the venue.

Which Grados, If I may ask? I'm having the same problem with my X2 as socks mk2. I haven't enjoyed my metal ever since I started buying better headphones, X2 included. (I started appreciating other genres more than I did before, e.g. unplugged albums and classical).

I couldn't explain my metal dissatisfaction. I partially attributed it to the fact that my ears have evolved and they can now detect how badly recorded most metal albums are, which I'm sure is true to some extent, but even the few metal albums that seem to have good separation and dynamics still sound so dull. 

So maybe I just made the wrong choices (atleast for hard rock and metal).  Are Grados the solution? Would SR60/80e do the trick?  Also, is there an equivalent IEM with whatever quality Grados have that makes them good for metal.  My only IEM is the vsonic VSD3S, and it doesn't do metal justice either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back