Philips Fidelio X2?!
May 1, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #4,606 of 15,268
I dont agree with this. The X2 does not have a V sound and the vocals are not too recessed. In the beginning, I had the same thought like you, but I came to realize that vocals are not recessed, they are so slightly in the back, but not enough to call them recessed. The problem with vocals could be sth else, hence the confusion. I find the vocals to be a bit too smooth and slightly lack energy making them sound a bit less lively. i think its for this reason that we feel there is sth lacking in the mids/vocals. I found that using a proper amp helps much in making the vocals more lively.

What amp are you using with x2? So you indeed think that the x2 scale up in terms of sound? Some opinions say then don't scale up much or none.

May 1, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #4,607 of 15,268
What amp are you using with x2? So you indeed think that the x2 scale up in terms of sound? Some opinions say then don't scale up much or none.

If the sound changes with his amp then I would put that down to the amps sound signature not to scaling, I found the X2 to be very sensitive to the differences between amps, they definitely sound better with a warm amp than a bright amp.

Scaling is something completely different, like I said before my ipad nano didn't sound as though it lacked anything when compared to an amp with more power, that doesn't mean it didn't sound different, in fact the synergy with the nano was great.

Of course that's just my opinion, its all very subjective.

May 1, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #4,608 of 15,268
If the sound changes with his amp then I would put that down to the amps sound signature not to scaling, I found the X2 to be very sensitive to the differences between amps, they definitely sound better with a warm amp than a bright amp.

Scaling is something completely different, like I said before my ipad nano didn't sound as though it lacked anything when compared to an amp with more power, that doesn't mean it didn't sound different, in fact the synergy with the nano was great.

Of course that's just my opinion, its all very subjective.

Thats is interesting. I may confused the terms. But some power helps always :wink:

May 1, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #4,609 of 15,268
Thats is interesting. I may confused the terms. But some power helps always
wink.gif

Pushing an amp to its limits is never a good thing, extra headroom is always preferable, but the X2 doesn't require loads of power, the max they can take is 500mW.

May 1, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #4,610 of 15,268
X2 don't require a lot of power, but better source and amp certainly takes them on a higher level. They sound much more refined and musical on Meridian Explorer2 compared to just laptop or iPad Air 2. Explorer2 is a fantastic dac/amp, neutral and musical at the same time, very transparent and fatigue-free as well.

May 1, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #4,612 of 15,268
  How do the L2's compare to the X2's? I hear the L2's have even better highs with tight bass.

I assume the X2's is overall more rounded & balanced but would love to hear your opinion!

Thanks-

I owned L2 and now own X2. In my opinion X2 are better. L2 are more neutral, brighter and have more sparkling highs. Bass is tight but less in quantity. L2 are indeed great headphones for the price they're sold, but X2s' darker sound signature with lots more bass appeals to me more.

May 1, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #4,613 of 15,268

i have been using the DX90, Explorer 2 and dacmagic xs.
out of the bunch, the DX90 has the cleanest background and best transparency. The dacmagic x in general is a bright and a bit harsh sounding with all the headphones i have tried it with (not musical) but surprisingly, it pairs up very very well with the X2. It gives the X2 that extra bit of energy to make it sound more lively. The Explorer 2 could be the safest bet. Its musical, clean, has this analogue sound to it (more real sounding), and it pairs well with all the headphones i have tried it with, unlike the dacmagic xs.
when it comes to scaling up in sound quality with or without amps, i find it as a rule that all over the ear headphones require an amp to sound their best. The X2s are totally fine used out of a laptop or a phone, but they definitely sound better with an amp. An amp will allow the headphones to sound more spacious, much less fatiguing in extended use, less harsh when you turn the volume up. I doubt you will detect the difference in a quick a/b comparison though, but once u use an amp for some time and get used to it, say several hours maybe, then switching to a phone or a laptop/tablet will expose the weaknesses of their sound and show you the merits of having a proper amp.

May 1, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #4,614 of 15,268
How do the L2's compare to the X2's? I hear the L2's have even better highs with tight bass.

I assume the X2's is overall more rounded & balanced but would love to hear your opinion!

Thanks-

Semi open headphones are not what i would be after, its better you just go open or closed. Plus, for me that the L2 doesnt have replaceable pads was a deal breaker.

May 3, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #4,615 of 15,268
Hey
Phillips fidelio x2 owners
I want to to join the clubs but im worrying of some matter regarding of the x2

Does the Phillips fidelio x2 still suffer dye ink bled???
I simply can't justify the cost of x2,if later i've to go to hospital.

May 3, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #4,616 of 15,268
Hey

+ channel imbalance?

May 3, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #4,618 of 15,268
I guess the real amount of issues is smaller. Here there's til much condensed information so it looks worse than it is. I have mine for four months and no problems, of any kind. :)

May 3, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #4,619 of 15,268
Hey

I mean, im not intended to get any disease by letting my skin absorbing I nk,i saw good reviews if not great,I knew the sound signature shape frequency of this headphones, and it's my kinda sound signature.And so is the x1.

I have not buy this headphone,i still have my ath m50.

And if this ink bled issue is real ,
I may look for other headphones,
Maybe it's brother, the x1 or maybe just something else that doesn't bled ink i would buy

Can anyone really prove this ink issues nonexistent???

May 3, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #4,620 of 15,268
My X2 pads have no ink bleed whatsoever.  The ear pads were initially a bit itchy but just taking a warm wash cloth to them
quickly removed the problem.  There was an imbalance problem that was worrisome favoring the left channel but I found a 
work around solution.  I love these cans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back