Philips Fidelio X2?!
Apr 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #4,471 of 15,268
  They then told me that they are no longer making them and are discontinued.

I mentioned to him that they just came available last fall and ask to confirm that they are discontinuing them already.  And he said that they were and were not going to be making any more - hence the reason for the buy-back.

Perhaps he thought you were talking about the X1. I will be surprised if they have already discontinued the X2's as well. That wouldn't even make sense as they must be making a killing because the Fidelio's have been flying off their shelves

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #4,473 of 15,268

Perhaps he thought you were talking about the X1. I will be surprised if they have already discontinued the X2's as well. That wouldn't even make sense as they must be making a killing because the Fidelio's have been flying off their shelves

I thought that as well and asked him to confirm it was the X2 and not the X1.  He said "X2/27".

Very strange

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #4,476 of 15,268
Now that is odd. I created a support ticket with philips Europe for the dye leak a few weeks ago.

Was given a return address to Wooaudio in UK to return then.

5 days later received a brand new pair that had no leak, and i swear the headband is firmer

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #4,477 of 15,268
I can confirm that the X2 has now been removed from the Dutch Philips website (where the headquarters are). It seems that indeed the production has stopped and Philips themselves have stopped selling them.

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #4,478 of 15,268
Ok, that's pretty crazy hearing it's discontinued. I'm going to receive my replacement X2's soon and I'm wondering if I should just sell them straight away in that case.

No, X2 has much more bass. HD650 has good mid-bass but almost non-existant sub-bass. This is why I prefer these over HD650. I could not enjoy EDM with HD650 but it's great with X2.

Well the X2 has almost non-existent sub-bass too. No more than the average closed back at least, but for an open back that's quite a feat.

It has more than enough solid mid-bass though.

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #4,480 of 15,268
Seriously... I don't get it.

One of the main reasons that I wanted to hang onto the X2's was the option to buy replacement ear pads in the future.  If they are discontinuing them, then it doesn't sound like those will be available either.

When they have been so popular that they cannot keep up production fast enough, why would you cancel it?  Something sounds really weird about the whole thing.

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #4,482 of 15,268
I'm very tempted to purchase another pair while they are still available.

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #4,484 of 15,268
  I can confirm that the X2 has now been removed from the Dutch Philips website (where the headquarters are). It seems that indeed the production has stopped and Philips themselves have stopped selling them.

Thats very unfortunate if it's true.  I hope it's not a belated April Fool's joke :)
Very strange that they decide to end production on such popular product.  I'm thinking that they are not making a profit or even losing money on this model.  It's built quality and material used is top notch.  Is the X1 still in production?

Wishful thinking would be that they will come out with a X3 and up the price to $399 or more.  I would still buy it if they make further improvements over the X2.  
If they clearance out the X2, I might buy a backup pair.  Love my X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back