Philips Fidelio X2?!
Apr 11, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #4,487 of 15,268
The headphone has been re-added to the Dutch Philips website, it's now saying "coming soon" (in Dutch).

There has been a price increase of 50 euros, it normally costs 299, now it is 349. That is 60 dollars extra. 

So it seems they are only increasing the price, and not discontinuing the product 
beyersmile.png

http://www.philips.nl/c-p/X2_00/fidelio-fidelio-hoofdtelefoon 

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #4,488 of 15,268
  The headphone has been re-added to the Dutch Philips website, it's now saying "coming soon" (in Dutch).

There has been a price increase of 50 euros, it normally costs 299, now it is 349. That is 60 dollars extra. 

So it seems they are only increasing the price, and not discontinuing the product 
beyersmile.png

I literally lol'ed. "Hey, it's really popular, we should increase the price, ja?" "Ja.. Laten we het doen!"

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #4,489 of 15,268
I was thinking about pulling the trigger yesterday and today I saw all this talk about them being discontinued. Naturally I decided to get them while I still can and luckily found them from a sale for 250€ 
etysmile.gif

Apr 11, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #4,490 of 15,268
Thank god I kept mine. I'm way too happy with it.

Still, it's disheartening that Philips service is shoddy at best lately.

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #4,491 of 15,268

So it seems they are only increasing the price, and not discontinuing the product :beyersmile:

I think it's likely that Philips pay for these in USD and EUR has lost about 20% in value to the USD in the last six months or so.

I know this is not what people in here wouls like to think but it's a boring thing called reality, all the conspiracy theories are entertaining though so please keep them coming :wink:

Apr 11, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #4,492 of 15,268
I think it's likely that Philips pay for these in USD and EUR has lost about 20% in value to the USD in the last six months or so.

I know this is not what people in here wouls like to think but it's a boring thing called reality, all the conspiracy theories are entertaining though so please keep them coming
wink.gif

Good point, they probably buy the materials in USD, and China use USD as trade currency and these are made in China so it only makes sense to increase its price in Euro if profit margin has gotten smaller due to Euro's depreciation. USD price will probably not change.

Apr 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #4,494 of 15,268

Cool, where did you buy them from? I can't find them cheaper as 299€

http://it.camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-Fidelio-X2-00-Cuffie/product/B00MRUPSHQ?context=browse
Look at price history.

On amazon.it, sometime they drop as low as 228€, and sometime up as high as 299€.

I would advise you to wait for the price you looking for, or you can buy it "as new" or "used" for even cheaper. 

I bought mine "as new" (The pair could have come new i wouldn't have seen the differences, it even smelled new) for 190€ (with shipping).

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #4,495 of 15,268
Good point, they probably buy the materials in USD, and China use USD as trade currency and these are made in China so it only makes sense to increase its price in Euro if profit margin has gotten smaller due to Euro's depreciation. USD price will probably not change.

Fair point about US price, should stay the same if the conversion rate is the reason for the price jump in Europe. If they raise that as well they're indeed trying to make more money out of the success with these.......

Apr 11, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #4,498 of 15,268
the X2 has more extended treble and is brighter than the X1. It sounds more balanced to my ears, and is very linear despite sounding a little more V-shaped than the X1 if that makes sense. the X2 has less bass quantity but I find the quality to be better.
if you can find the X1's for under $200usd I think its a better deal than the X2's at $300usd. The X1's are very smooth and enjoyable to listen to, but I enjoy the enhanced detail of the X2's because they aren't necessarily sibilant. I listen to predominately EDM, for reference (trap, purple, vaporwave, chillwave)

Apr 11, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #4,500 of 15,268

Users who are viewing this thread

Back