Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 20, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #4,234 of 15,268
Yeah, please explain in detail how you mounted them, how well the fit and if the sound changed.

Mounting:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/749744/easy-installation-technique-for-headphone-earpads-baycode-technique

General info on HM5 earpads:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-hm5-velor-memory-foam-replacements-earpads-suitable-for-many-other-branded-large-over-the-ear-headphones-akg-hifiman-ath-philips-fostex/reviews/12191

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #4,235 of 15,268
I ordered red HM5 pleather pads, they should arrive pretty soon (they're available in my country directly). Why leather? Because I have relatively oily skin and velour pads absorb that crap like nobody's business while I can just wipe it off pleather pads with paper towels every day. Hope the sound does not change too much, although the change from velour to leather might have drastic effects.

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #4,236 of 15,268
  I ordered red HM5 pleather pads, they should arrive pretty soon (they're available in my country directly). Why leather? Because I have relatively oily skin and velour pads absorb that crap like nobody's business while I can just wipe it off pleather pads with paper towels every day. Hope the sound does not change too much, although the change from velour to leather might have drastic effects.

You'll be first one to report the sound with a pleather. I didn't try pleathers with X2, but I have tried both velour and pleathers with K340 and T50RP so I can guess: Bass section might get more dominance...

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #4,238 of 15,268
Here's the sheet of paper from 48 hours on my omega stand...

You might be able to see that there's actually a small amount of dye off the headband as well, near the sellotape.

Going to continue to soak it out..

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #4,240 of 15,268
Were they just sitting on the paper or did u put a magazine or something on them to apply pressure?

Clamped on an omega stand

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #4,243 of 15,268
I think that what you describe as excessive padding helps with the great soundstage :)  (maybe this can defeat your OCD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back