Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 15, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #4,126 of 15,268
  Oh god. Received mine. Bought brand new, sealed tape was broken. Put them on, horrible imbalance. Left ear cup is at least 3db higher. Awful. 
mad.gif

Did you try a different cable?

Mar 15, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #4,127 of 15,268
Shipped from and sold by? That makes me cringe if so. I was planning on ordering mine straight from Amazon in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone else here purchase from Amazon and have issues?

My package was sealed. Everything looked brand new. Factory cable was funky. Aftermarket cable works great! Headphones sound amazing!

Mar 15, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #4,128 of 15,268
Shipped from and sold by? That makes me cringe if so. I was planning on ordering mine straight from Amazon in the next couple of weeks.

Yes, shipped and sold by Amazon. This is, however my first time receiving an open product labeled as new after all these years.

Did you try a different cable?

No, but will do now. Thanks. I'll update but highly doubt it will solve the imbalance.

Mar 15, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #4,130 of 15,268
Yes, always try difderent cables with headphones that allow it. The Custom One Pro I'm reviewing had an obvious defeft in the cablez with one side constantly shorting out. Cables are usual suspects.

Mar 15, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #4,131 of 15,268

Yes.  I also purchased my X2 from Amazon. Though the box was fully sealed they still had an awful imbalance also favoring the LEFT driver.  I briefly tried another cheap cable but it didn't solve the problem.  I was contemplating sending them back but I enjoyed the sound so much that instead I found a solution.  I took an old Sony volume control and modified it to act as an adjustable balance control.  I'm still a bit miffed at Philips lack of quality control.  This much of an imbalance should be readily observable.  At least I now have a useable set of X2 cans that are R/L balanced.

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #4,132 of 15,268
Yes.  I also purchased my X2 from Amazon. Though the box was fully sealed they still had an awful imbalance also favoring the LEFT driver.  I briefly tried another cheap cable but it didn't solve the problem.  I was contemplating sending them back but I enjoyed the sound so much that instead I found a solution.  I took an old Sony volume control and modified it to act as an adjustable balance control.  I'm still a bit miffed at Philips lack of quality control.  This much of an imbalance should be readily observable.  At least I now have a useable set of X2 cans that are R/L balanced.

Better person than me...I couldn't bear the thought of dealing with a noticeably defective pair albeit with a Mcguyver'd fix. Would have packaged them right back up.

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #4,133 of 15,268
Yeah that kind of defect warrants a definite return. If/when you decide to sell, I doubt people are gonna be okay with that solution.

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #4,135 of 15,268
I'd consider the X2 to be medium speed. It's not very fast, but it's not sluggish like the X1 could be. I think it suits all forms of genres. It doesn't excel at any major thing, but it does all things justice, IMHO. This is why even if I have flagship headphones, I will still use the X2 OFTEN. It's such a banger for the price.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #4,136 of 15,268
Place me in the leaky ink owners club.  It doesn't bother me, though, so long as they don't start to fade.  No, it's NOT my skin's oils permeating the pads then causing the leak.  They lay horizontal on the sides of the pads that make zero contact with skin.  Again, no big deal for me, but I definately will NOT lay these down on surfaces I don't want to get stained.

This is a fabric sleeve that my laptop was shipped in.  It wants to soak the ink up like a sponge.

Regardless, my girlfriend gets my hand-me-down Senn 598's.  I don't even use them anymore.

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #4,138 of 15,268
  Was super excited about these until I read the ink issue and watched a video. Did Philips ever fix this issue?

Sarcasm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back