Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 3, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #2,898 of 15,268
  Does any X2 owners also own NAD VISO HP50? Can you please compare?

I had them, I don't anymore. The best I could give you is from recollection. The HP50 is an excellent sound signature, compared to the X2 they will sound very narrow as the X2 is open. It is not a fair comparison each is one of the best at what they are. You would be able to wear the HP50 out and about, if you weren't a little shy about the appearance. I would ask myself if I could only have one what would I use them for primarily, mobile use or around the house.

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #2,900 of 15,268
Hi,

Just like to share my 2cents.

I have just got my X2 yesterday.

After reading so many positive reviews about it, I decided to audition it when I was in Taiwan for a 2 week trip in the beginning of January.

To be honest, I was not that impressed when I first auditioned it. The bass was impressive, but that was it. To be honest, the noisy environment in that shop did not help.

However, after I returned to New Zealand, I decided to take the jump and ordered a pair. And, I could not be happier. The sound is full, lush, and very detailed. The bass is still very impressive, but now I am more impressed with the mids than before. The soundstage is a bit oval shape, but the size and placement of instrument are very impressive as well.

I agree that the treble may sound a bit artificial at times. However, I listen to music to relax. If I want to do some critical listening, I would have picked the HD800.

I am very happy with my X2. It suits my taste and the purpose of having a headphone that is slightly warm, with a big yet relaxing sound, impressive bass and midrange, and is a true all rounder.

Love it!

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #2,901 of 15,268

I had them, I don't anymore. The best I could give you is from recollection. The HP50 is an excellent sound signature, compared to the X2 they will sound very narrow as the X2 is open. It is not a fair comparison each is one of the best at what they are. You would be able to wear the HP50 out and about, if you weren't a little shy about the appearance. I would ask myself if I could only have one what would I use them for primarily, mobile use or around the house.

Thanks SubGuy.

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #2,904 of 15,268
This song sounds amazing with the X2
gs1000.gif
:

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #2,905 of 15,268
I don't find the x2 to be very genre specific. They do most music exceptionally well. I predict that this hp is about to make some big moves over the next few months...we'll see. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #2,906 of 15,268
I don't find the x2 to be very genre specific. They do most music exceptionally well. I predict that this hp is about to make some big moves over the next few months...we'll see. 

How do you mean? In terms of sales or changes? Mine are in the hands of the carrier expected by Friday, can't wait to hear them. I've got a feeling these are going to be amazing especially at this price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back