Philips Fidelio X2?!
Nov 29, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,352 of 15,268
  Can anyone recommend a hard case for these headphones? I understand they come without a carry case or bag.

Just did a search for "large headphone case" on Amazon and got quite a few hits.  This is an interesting one, though maybe pricey:

http://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Carrying-Accessories-Executive-Audio-technica/dp/B00ILHWZG6

Nov 29, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #1,353 of 15,268
X2 hammock is slightly larger than X1, so there is a probability that the X1 case won't fit.

I use this carbon structure case with splashproof zippers for my X2:

PS: bought from Aliexpress months ago so the link is broken. But there should be sellers there. Search for Large headphone case or HD650 case in Aliexpress you may find. Also this one might be at Amazon as well. Inside is velvet like material. Quality and fit is unmatched: superb.

This?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Large-size-Deluxe-headphones-Storage-Case-Anti-extrusion-Case-Senheiser-HD419-HD518-HD558-HD598-HD600-HD650/1868706774.html

Nov 29, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #1,354 of 15,268
This?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Large-size-Deluxe-headphones-Storage-Case-Anti-extrusion-Case-Senheiser-HD419-HD518-HD558-HD598-HD600-HD650/1868706774.html

Yes, different seller but the case is exactly the same. I have removed the inner foam because X2 doesn't fit inside that shape. This seller also sends free velcros which is handy for organising the cable.

Nov 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #1,355 of 15,268
X2 hammock is slightly larger than X1, so there is a probability that the X1 case won't fit.

I have the CASEBUDi XL and the X2 and can confirm that the X2 fits without any problems.  In fact, it fits a little better because the slightly smaller X1 headband made it a tiny bit loose in the case.  The larger headband is a perfect fit for the case, in my opinion.

Nov 29, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #1,356 of 15,268
  I have the CASEBUDi XL and the X2 and can confirm that the X2 fits without any problems.  In fact, it fits a little better because the slightly smaller X1 headband made it a tiny bit loose in the case.  The larger headband is a perfect fit for the case, in my opinion.

O.K. This is the XL right, not the XXL for the Casebudi?

Nov 29, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #1,357 of 15,268
Eagerly waiting for your observations to know how it pairs up with X2. I am waiting to pull the trigger on micro as well as X2. I currently own P7 (after deliberating with NAD and momentum for a month) and very satisfied with purchase. Couldn't wait to see how it pairs up with micro.

It paired very nice with the X2, however as it was not only my first open set of cans it was also my first full size set of headphones and I didn't quite know what to expect. Long story short open cans are not for me.

Nov 29, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #1,359 of 15,268
Hi guys

I am considering to buy this headphones and have some questions

I had momentum over ear and returned them for comfort issues, but thought they were ok in sound department

But I would like something that is little less bassy, and have more emphasis on vocals, back vocals, instruments,overall clarity

I have some concerns because I read that the x1 were a open back headphones for bassheads

Is this the wright way to go?

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #1,360 of 15,268
No. The X2 is not as rich in the mids as the Momentum. The bass is still just a hit north for the X2.

Though, sounds like to me like you are leaning towards mids and upper mids. The K612 is really good there for a great price.

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #1,361 of 15,268

PS: bought from Aliexpress months ago so the link is broken. But there should be sellers there. Search for Large headphone case or HD650 case in Aliexpress you may find. Also this one might be at Amazon as well. Inside is velvet like material. Quality and fit is unmatched: superb.

Edit: Structure is not completely hard, I can say semi-hard (or semisoft), but keeps the HP from external elements. I have been using it since I got my X2's and it traveled many times with me without any problems. Zippers are a little stiff but very secure.

Hi guys

I had momentum over ear and returned them for comfort issues, but thought they were ok in sound department

But I would like something that is little less bassy, and have more emphasis on vocals, back vocals, instruments,overall clarity

I have some concerns because I read that the x1 were a open back headphones for bassheads

Edit: Structure is not completely hard, I can say semi-hard (or semisoft), but keeps the HP from external elements. I have been using it since I got my X2's and it traveled many times with me without any problems. Zippers are a little stiff but very secure.

Hi guys

Momentum was known for it's forward and detailed mids. If you are looking for even more mid presence not sure if X2 is the right one. However, I have to say something here. The only great part in momentum is it's mids (though a weeny bit too sweet and unnaturally forward). It's bass is loose, had rolled off treble and poor sound stage. Preferred NAD or P7 over them. I am just saying that because from what I heard, even though X2 mids is slightly recessed than momentum, the overall sound package is much superior than it and you might want to give it a try.

Cheers

Nov 30, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #1,362 of 15,268
Damn. I'm in love with this headphone.

I did love the X1 too. Just couldn't deal with it's mid bass giving me headaches.

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #1,363 of 15,268
Damn. I'm in love with this headphone.

I did love the X1 too. Just couldn't deal with it's mid bass giving me headaches.

Has the technicalities improved in your opinion or are they still behind the current mid-fi kings?

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #1,364 of 15,268
Just couldn't deal with it's mid bass giving me headaches.

Never had any issues regarding midbass 
rolleyes.gif
 Maybe You didn`t have good matching amp/dac? 

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #1,365 of 15,268
Are the X2s less bassy than the X1? If I am looking for a primarily open basshead can, I should be looking into the X1, right? I know that the X2 has some technical/equipment improvements like the switchable pads and better audio jack, but it's true that the X2 is the more neutral and audiophile signature of the two Philips flagships, correct? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back