Philips Fidelio X2?!
Oct 28, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #931 of 15,268
  I switched my shipping over from free 2 day prime, to one day delivery for $3.99 more. It moved my delivery date from Nov 3rd, to Oct 31st. 
L3000.gif

Wut :frowning2:...my prime shipping estimated delivery date is still Tuesday, November 4, 2014 by 8pm.

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #934 of 15,268
  I switched my shipping over from free 2 day prime, to one day delivery for $3.99 more. It moved my delivery date from Nov 3rd, to Oct 31st. 
L3000.gif

Ahhh I want to try this now. I was thinking I was fine with 2 day shipping and getting them monday. But the more I keep thinking about it, I really hate waiting over the weekend for stuff.

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #935 of 15,268
  Oh you lucky duck!

I'm in FL at the moment.

Looks like a bit more waiting for me, but that's okay.

What type of music are you gonna listen to first?

My go to songs off the bat are.

Then I mostly listen to videos by HardwareCanucks, and videos by VICE. The HC videos with the mic that's used sounds really good imo so. VICE videos where they don't go out in the field, but the videos that are in a room, or interviews sound really good as well. 

Oct 29, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #937 of 15,268

I own the X1 and can say it's generally on par with the HD600

That`s nice to hear. Though, I haven`t heard HD600 myself.

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #938 of 15,268
I currently have the HD650 and am expecting delivery of the X2 tomorrow. From what I have read of the X1 and now X2, they appear to be one of the biggest bargains in headphones. I'm surprised that even HD800 users have moved to the X1(see Amazon uk). The HD800 sound excellent IMHO. I have heard the Q701 which are very good too so it will be interesting to see from memory how the X2 holds up. It was interesting watching the innerfidelity video where he uses the LCD3 as an example of better bass but look at the LCD3 price so the X2 must be that good!

I have an Audiolab M-DAC so that should prove a good test bench for HD650 vs X2.

For those who are wondering about the HD600/650.. The HD600 is a more detailed 'monitor' kind of headphone whereas the HD650 sounds warmer/fuller and more involving with vocals that can sound very real.

Despite how good the HD650 may be they're not very revealing. My modified Pioneer A-400 with my MA RX6 speakers plus good cables are more revealing! This seems the wrong way round to me.

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #940 of 15,268
I just bought these headphones and love them so much. EXCEPT one thing which sometimes is noticable and sometimes becomes annoying.
It has grainy like sandpaper treble on some songs (in fact, very often). It's difficult to describe but I think you know what I mean.
I wonder if other owners experience this and if it can be fixed somehow? Can it be source related? Because I'm listening straight out of my macbook.

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #941 of 15,268
  I just bought these headphones and love them so much. EXCEPT one thing which sometimes is noticable and sometimes becomes annoying.
It has grainy like sandpaper treble on some songs. It's difficult to describe but I think you know what I mean.
I wonder if other owners experience this and if it can be fixed somehow? Can it be source related? Because I'm listening straight out of my macbook.

Please link us to these songs you experience this grainy noise with. Thank you.

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #942 of 15,268
I sometimes find the treble fatiguing too, now less than when I got them two weeks ago though

For what it's worth, with my macbook pro I feel the treble is slightly less detailed and hard, with my E10K its more airy, defined and possibly fatiguing

But it's not really fatigue by the way, nor sibilance, it's just very clear and tizzy, while still being warm and bassy.

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #943 of 15,268
It has grainy like sandpaper treble on some songs (in fact, very often). It's difficult to describe but I think you know what I mean.

Let them settle in for some time. Using any amping? What`s the source? I have read similar thing about X1 but after burn-in treble being smoothed out.

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #944 of 15,268
No no it's not fatiguing at all. I really enjoy treble - it's warm, smooth, detailed but has some graininess to some high frequencies, imagine like a subtle bad FM radio reception. That's what I mean.
Let's hope that it will be gone after burn in. I've only listened less than 30 hour in total so I'm really hoping it will fade away.

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #945 of 15,268
Let`s hope it gets better and report us back. But Tyll also mentioned X2 (and also X1) treble being little grainy/gritty. Personally I don`t hear any graininess with my setup but my X1`s have had long "burn-in" with amping also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back