Philips Fidelio X2?!
Oct 4, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #526 of 15,268
Amazon UK has just dropped there price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MRUPSHQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #528 of 15,268
I just ordered X2 from Amazon.it. Price currently is €234,70 (€238,73 inc. shipping) which is about €6 higher than the lowest price seen at Amazon.it a few days ago, but still good I guess.  I can always cancel the order if I find it somewhere cheaper before it ships which apparently should be sometime in November.

http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00MRUPSHQ/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #529 of 15,268
So definitely quite a lot has been done to improve on the X1, that goes beyond cable and pads etc. Seems like we will be forgetting about the X1 shortly as everybody's gonna be jumping ship with the X2. Especially if pricing will allow for it.

I am now trying a pair of X-1's, but I'm not sure I would want to trade "up" if the bass ends up not being as strong with the X-2. The reason I did not keep the HD600 that I tried out was because I wanted more impact in the bass (though I loved everything else about them). The X-1 have a really nice bass hit to them.

Kudos to Philips, and it will be great to start hearing more impressions as folks start receiving theirs.

Oct 4, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #531 of 15,268
When are these supposed to come out. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my HD600 order....

Tyll says there should be available some time in November, it might be worth holding on for more reviews and put the HD600 on hold.

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #534 of 15,268
I have an Oct 15th delivery date from Amazon so it really shouldn't be too long after that as I'm sure the US is important to them moreso this time around.

Can I ask where your Amazon is located?

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #536 of 15,268
thanks communic that's great news, I bought them some days ago (234 euro, just 5 euro more (= ), so I guess mine will be some days later, as I didn't receive a delivery date yet

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #538 of 15,268
  thanks communic that's great news, I bought them some days ago (234 euro, just 5 euro more (= ), so I guess mine will be some days later, as I didn't receive a delivery date yet

No problem :). Did notice that (as your prediction) it did go back on offer again - no idea it would be that soon! Knew you'd have spotted it too and good to see you on board the bandwagon!

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #539 of 15,268
treble problem

Tyll Quote:
...treble can sound a bit gritty at times.

Imo that doesn`t translate immediately as a problem. And lets not forget matching with DAC/AMP which can make "faults" gone. 

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #540 of 15,268

No problem :). Did notice that (as your prediction) it did go back on offer again - no idea it would be that soon! Knew you'd have spotted it too and good to see you on board the bandwagon!

Well I guess that months of pondering what headphone to buy and checking prices made me a good amazon obscure algorithm price forecaster 
biggrin.gif

After Tyll's review it's pretty good to be on our bandwagon 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back