Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 19, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #346 of 15,268
Dont they have new drivers? That sucks if it sounds the same. I might check out of this if it is so. Not that the x1 is a bad hp but still whats the freakin point. I may save for the z7 instead.

If i remember correctly, there was no way to replace the pads (by purchasing new ones) with the original x1s which really hurt their resale value and I believe there was some comfort issues.

This is very interesting, that I chose to come back to Headfi after I make my headphone purchase. Maybe I should've waited :frowning2:

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #347 of 15,268
The reviews that I've seen don't sound like there's a big difference. It's entirely possible the drivers are the same and they just made alterations to the pads (replaceable), cable (lower impedance), maybe some in the housing. 

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #348 of 15,268
When I asked the guys at lets go audio they said its better.

"Like · Aug 26

Lee Green
so the x1 gold sounds different than the original x1 as well as the x2? If I wanted better than the x1 that I no longer have, will the x2 be better in sound quality?
Like · Delete · Aug 31

Let's Go Audio
There is no doubt that X2 has improvement. Especially the lower range is much dynamic than X1. It's worth to have one if you gonna buy a good headphone in this price range!
Unlike · 1 · Sep 1

Lee Green
Thanks for the quick response. I hope the clarity is improved as well. I will find a way to get one here in the US as soon as possible.
Like · More · Sep 1"

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #349 of 15,268
More dynamic low range? Woah 
blink.gif

Sep 20, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #351 of 15,268
Lol, I believe more Tyll and Headphonia initial impressions (measuring and sounds very similar) than some shop/dealer words. Sellers purpose is to sell and they don`t want to lose money to cheaper X1 from somewhere else and getting "stuck" on their X2 stock. And that "More dynamic low range" probably comes from updated cable anyway. Of course, still no proper conclusive reviews/comparing with X1 out yet and we shouldn`t really draw conclusions based on those "short-coming" comments. Once again - lets wait for proper measurements and reviews.

Sep 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #352 of 15,268
I've have auditioned X2 today and for my taste Fidelio L2 sounds better which is very good news for my wallet, no need to upgrade. 
biggrin.gif

The good news is that there will be new Lightning version of X2 with lightning connector for iPhone.
The bad news is that probably they will not sell X2 in US like L2. As far as I was able to understand it is problem with the distribution/ or distributor in the US.

Sep 20, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #353 of 15,268

Lol, I believe more Tyll and Headphonia initial impressions (measuring and sounds very similar) than some shop/dealer words. Sellers purpose is to sell and they don`t want to lose money to cheaper X1 from somewhere else and getting "stuck" on their X2 stock. And that "More dynamic low range" probably comes from updated cable anyway. Of course, still no proper conclusive reviews/comparing with X1 out yet and we shouldn`t really draw conclusions based on those "short-coming" comments. Once again - lets wait for proper measurements and reviews.

Im taking their word for it because I desire to and the sources you name haven't given enough information for me to believe otherwise. It gives me some hope of possible improvements. I also don't find Headfonia reliable and Tyll hasn't posted measurements so we don't know what measurements he is talking about. The FR balance could be the same(a good thing) but the square waves could look totally different. 

This is what we do until we have solid impressions...speculate, hope, talk about stupid things like burn in, what we want it to be, where to buy it, the old version, and so on and so forth.

I've have auditioned X2 today and for my taste Fidelio L2 sounds better which is very good news for my wallet, no need to upgrade. 
biggrin.gif

The good news is that there will be new Lightning version of X2 with lightning connector for iPhone.
The bad news is that probably they will not sell X2 in US like L2. As far as I was able to understand it is problem with the distribution/ or distributor in the US.

I prefer the original x1 to the l2 even though the l2 has some technicalities that make it the overall better quality headphone. Its still not done right in regards to balance imo. 

Which one had more clarity and speed if you can recall?

Sep 21, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #354 of 15,268
I don't find Headfonia reliable either. They reviews are very subjective. One of the guys owns a headphones shop and promotes what he sells. Other is just a European guy with no background in audio, he's no better than any Head-fi member. Tyll on the other hand is an experienced and respected reviewer.

Sep 21, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #355 of 15,268
  Im taking their word for it because I desire to and the sources you name haven't given enough information for me to believe otherwise. It gives me some hope of possible improvements. I also don't find Headfonia reliable and Tyll hasn't posted measurements so we don't know what measurements he is talking about. The FR balance could be the same(a good thing) but the square waves could look totally different. 

This is what we do until we have solid impressions...speculate, hope, talk about stupid things like burn in, what we want it to be, where to buy it, the old version, and so on and so forth.

I prefer the original x1 to the l2 even though the l2 has some technicalities that make it the overall better quality headphone. Its still not done right in regards to balance imo. 

Which one had more clarity and speed if you can recall?

The L2 had better clarity, but for speed cannot tell.

Sep 21, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #357 of 15,268
X2 is now 229€ at Amazon.it.
http://www.amazon.it/Philips-Fidelio-X2-Cuffie-Nero/dp/B00MRUPSHQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411293284&sr=8-2&keywords=fidelio+x2 

Sep 21, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #358 of 15,268
was about to post the link, it's one of the few times it feels good to be an italian

most probably it will be mine, x1 was 185 on first day on amazon, but I'm not sure if X2 will fall so low so soon

Sep 21, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #359 of 15,268
  I don't find Headfonia reliable either. They reviews are very subjective. One of the guys owns a headphones shop and promotes what he sells. Other is just a European guy with no background in audio, he's no better than any Head-fi member.

So far, what concerns my gear, their reviews have been very accurate imho. There are more known review sites and forums which I personally find less reliable than Headphonia (cough cough, can`t say it out loud) but there are many different nuances always in reviews and hi-fi related gear is always kind of subjective. Own ear is the king in the end :wink: But this is already offtopic...
Lets wait for reviews.
  X2 is now 229€ at Amazon.it.
http://www.amazon.it/Philips-Fidelio-X2-Cuffie-Nero/dp/B00MRUPSHQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411293284&sr=8-2&keywords=fidelio+x2 

M`kay... already price dropping pretty "low". Another thing that makes me think it`s not much upgrade from X1 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back