Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jul 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #91 of 15,268
So.... at the end of the day, no removable earpads. Way to go. 
confused_face.gif

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #95 of 15,268
  Tbh I don't get the big fuss over non removable pads. My brothers pair which has been in use for about 18 months iirc still looks pretty much new.

It's just annoying. If something happens to them you are going to have to pay Philips to to fix them. More convenient if they were removable so you can just slap on new ones. Cheaper and easier.

Jul 25, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #97 of 15,268
Oh, so subbed!

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #99 of 15,268
Well, there's going to be many disappointed people, then. As I've noted before, they did not address it on the L2... so I'm not surprised...

Jul 25, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #100 of 15,268
  Tbh I don't get the big fuss over non removable pads. My brothers pair which has been in use for about 18 months iirc still looks pretty much new.

+1

Of course ppl wanting perfect fit and comfort must go custom/DIY. I have removed my X1 pads and put them back several times to test custom ones (self made) but haven`t got to the point yet where I like it. More testing coming...

For those who don`t want to make pads themselves, DT-880 pads seem to be quite ok: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/2835#post_9853147

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #101 of 15,268
Well, we could use alpha pads on the X1, but still would rather have mechanically removable pads by default: (Source: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/2715)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #102 of 15,268
Well, we could use alpha pads on the X1, but still would rather have mechanically removable pads by default: (Source: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/2715)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Look like some beefy beats, there.

My pair of X1's have been pretty comfortable. I won't worry bout it much till they start to wear down.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #103 of 15,268
Weren't the Mad Dogs originally modded with Shure pads stretched over the cups? I wonder if this can be done with the Shure alcantaras on the X1, X2, like pictured with the alpha pads?

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #104 of 15,268
Weren't the Mad Dogs originally modded with Shure pads stretched over the cups? I wonder if this can be done with the Shure alcantaras on the X1, X2, like pictured with the alpha pads?

Yep, the Mad Dogs (1.0/2.0) used the Shure 840 pads and the dogs pads (specifically made for them). I'm sure those pads should fit without any problems. 

Edit: The dog pads probably won't fit now that I'm holding them, they are oval shaped and aren't very flexible. I don't have the shure 840 pads to make out if those can work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back