Philips Fidelio X2?!
Apr 13, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #12,181 of 15,268

Yes that is the volume I use, I like it quite loud.

Make sure you have surround set up in the ps4

Taken from Astros website

– From the Dashboard, navigate to ‘Settings then select Sound and Screen,’ and select ‘Audio Output Settings.’
– Change the primary output port to ‘Digital Out’ (Optical) with a format of ‘Dolby Digital 5.1ch,’ under Audio Format -select ‘Bitstream’ (Dolby).
– Go back to the Settings menu and navigate to the ‘Devices Menu.’ Open ‘Audio Devices’ and make sure that ‘Output to Headphones’ is on ‘All Chat.’

Ya I already have all that set :D, however the volume u play on is sorta low ><. Like I don't know if I have defective headphones or not, because this sibilance is Insane.

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #12,182 of 15,268

Ya I already have all that set :D, however the volume u play on is sorta low ><. Like I don't know if I have defective headphones or not, because this sibilance is Insane.

I have all the volumes up in the game and xbox one settings.

Try listening to music to see if there is sibilance, I find mine to be quite dark.

My other HP's are much brighter.

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #12,185 of 15,268
  I liked my X2s for gaming, but not listening to music. I just didn't like the V-shaped signature.

Some headfier uses X2 for big band music which requires enough resolution to resolve the full orchestration.
I think it is good enough  for some genre of music including big band.

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #12,187 of 15,268
  Is it me or does the X2's scale a lot better when given some nice juicy power ?, I mean I know it's only 35 ohms, but it scales even better when I give a bit more juice

Yes they do, they sound better and better with good amps

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #12,189 of 15,268
  I've had the headphones playing all last night, and I've noticed the highs started to settle in and the sibilance have disappeared all of a sudden lol. Bass is a bit more impactful but not over emphasized, it sounds really good so far than what I've previously posted.

That's the way they must work, no sibilance, wide soundastage, good bass but not excessive

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #12,191 of 15,268

Is it me or does the X2's scale a lot better when given some nice juicy power ?, I mean I know it's only 35 ohms, but it scales even better when I give a bit more juice

Yes they do, they sound better and better with good amps

They sound great with a tube amp. The X2 sound stage and the warm tube sound are a win in my book.

Apr 14, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #12,192 of 15,268
Heh to each their own I guess, to me they don't sound much different driven straight from my Xperia Z2 vs. from my Jotunheim, and I certainly think it's bass overkill if driven from my tube amp.

I've fallen out of love a bit with the X2's after listening to the HD650 with a balanced cable and slight bass EQ for a while, I'm missing the mids when I go back to my X2's.

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #12,194 of 15,268
Heh to each their own I guess, to me they don't sound much different driven straight from my Xperia Z2 vs. from my Jotunheim, and I certainly think it's bass overkill if driven from my tube amp.

I've fallen out of love a bit with the X2's after listening to the HD650 with a balanced cable and slight bass EQ for a while, I'm missing the mids when I go back to my X2's.

I for one can't help missing extension in both ends and soundstage width when going to the HD650 from the X2's. Both are great by all means but personal preference will decide which one you enjoy the most and for me the X2's are a better all-round performer, the midrange o the HD650 is indeed special though. Like you said each to their own :wink:

I totally agree on tubes making the X2's to warm/bassy most of the time.

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #12,195 of 15,268
I for one can't help missing extension in both ends and soundstage width when going to the HD650 from the X2's. Both are great by all means but personal preference will decide which one you enjoy the most and for me the X2's are a better all-round performer, the midrange o the HD650 is indeed special though. Like you said each to their own
wink.gif

I totally agree on tubes making the X2's to warm/bassy most of the time.

I wonder if using the JDSLabs O2 + ODAC Would give the X2's a more Neutral tone. Im using the X2's on an astro mixamp and it gives a nice hint of a dark sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back