Philips Fidelio X2?!
Apr 12, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #12,166 of 15,268
My X2 is simply surprising and much lighter than my planars without any noticeable sonic degradation nor speed of decay.
The thread has told that there is grainy treble, but I could not notice those thing.
Well extended into both high and low with greater comfort.

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #12,167 of 15,268
Now that are few weeks that I'm using them, I can say that are fantastic, just when you have them in your hands and see the details, the care in how they are built... I love them!
the only thing I really don't like it's the stock cable, but it's really a secondary matter that I solved with a new one. :wink:

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #12,169 of 15,268
  My X2 is simply surprising and much lighter than my planars without any noticeable sonic degradation nor speed of decay.
The thread has told that there is grainy treble, but I could not notice those thing.
Well extended into both high and low with greater comfort.

Yeah, I never got any grainy treble from mine either. We're lucky I guess, lol.

Apr 12, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #12,171 of 15,268
Has anyone tried the X2 with the astro mixamp pro 2013 ? I've been using them for gaming and it seems like im getting a lot of  sibilance with mine :frowning2:, a lot  of  "SSSSS" .  Does anyone have any experience with the astro mixamp ? maybe I need to hit the sweet spot on the amp because so far im not so impressed with the headphone after coming from the sennheiser pc363d ><.
I recently sent my DX100 for repair and I haven't been able to fully test it with music so far. I've just been using it for gaming on the PS4 and PC so far with the mixamp.

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #12,173 of 15,268
  Has anyone tried the X2 with the astro mixamp pro 2013 ? I've been using them for gaming and it seems like im getting a lot of  sibilance with mine :frowning2:, a lot  of  "SSSSS" .  Does anyone have any experience with the astro mixamp ? maybe I need to hit the sweet spot on the amp because so far im not so impressed with the headphone after coming from the sennheiser pc363d ><.
I recently sent my DX100 for repair and I haven't been able to fully test it with music so far. I've just been using it for gaming on the PS4 and PC so far with the mixamp.

I use mine with said amp and they work really well.

Dolby surround selected correctly in my Xbox one, surround selected on the mixamp using EQ quadrant one (top right) with no sibilance.

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #12,174 of 15,268
  The stock cable should be replaced with a better and shorter.
Any recommendation?

I bought mine here http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/d05.html and beside to be better and shorter, it sounds slightly better too.
Ghent that's a member of this community too, can customize it for free (mine has a 3.5 to a side and 6.3 to the other), 

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #12,177 of 15,268

Do you mind sharing a photo of ur current setting on ur mixamp ? I assumed you've used the headphones long enough to find it's sweet spot

Top right EQ and surround on

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #12,179 of 15,268
Apr 13, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #12,180 of 15,268

Yes I see :D but what's the normal driving volume that u use for ur X2 ? I'm sure that's not the volume u use when playing :D, Im trying to find the perfect volume for them to synergize with the mixamp ^^

Yes that is the volume I use, I like it quite loud.

Make sure you have surround set up in the ps4

Taken from Astros website

– From the Dashboard, navigate to ‘Settings then select Sound and Screen,’ and select ‘Audio Output Settings.’
– Change the primary output port to ‘Digital Out’ (Optical) with a format of ‘Dolby Digital 5.1ch,’ under Audio Format -select ‘Bitstream’ (Dolby).
– Go back to the Settings menu and navigate to the ‘Devices Menu.’ Open ‘Audio Devices’ and make sure that ‘Output to Headphones’ is on ‘All Chat.’

Users who are viewing this thread

Back