Philips Fidelio X2?!
Nov 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #1,172 of 15,268
  I'll also be in a position to compare the X2 and the L2 in the next few days. I'll post my findings, as it seems there is a bit of demand for an understanding of the similarities/differences between the two.

:)

That'd be greatly appreciated 
smily_headphones1.gif
popcorn.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #1,175 of 15,268
  Would anybody consider purchasing an O2+ODAC combo be overkill for the X2's? I need some help purchasing an AMP/DAC with this. Any help is appreciated!

It's not overkill at all.  However, you might want to look at the Schiit Modi/Vali stack over the O2/ODAC combo.  It should provide better performance, and the Vali gives you access to tubes for the low, low (relatively speaking) price of $120.

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #1,176 of 15,268
  It's not overkill at all.  However, you might want to look at the Schiit Modi/Vali stack over the O2/ODAC combo.  It should provide better performance, and the Vali gives you access to tubes for the low, low (relatively speaking) price of $120.

Thank you for the advice. I was under the impression that the O2+ODAC combo would be superior to the Modi/Vali for lower impedance headphones. I also have no experience with tube amps, would you still recommend me the Modi/Vali over the O2+ODAC? Thanks again.

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #1,177 of 15,268
  Thank you for the advice. I was under the impression that the O2+ODAC combo would be superior to the Modi/Vali for lower impedance headphones. I also have no experience with tube amps, would you still recommend me the Modi/Vali over the O2+ODAC? Thanks again.

Yeah, the tubes in the Vali are pretty small, soldered on, and non-replaceable, making it an easy recommendation as an entry-level tube amp for people new to tube amps.  See here [taken from Schiit website]:
vali%20pcb(1).jpg

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #1,181 of 15,268

And I recommend to look into Aune T1 which is DAC/AMP combo. And with cheap NOS tubes You could probably get even better solution :wink: T1 is already considered better than Magni + Modi with stock tube by many users if You do some research. Add cheap NOS tube + cheap capacitor upgrade (if You have skill) and You get very good solution for the price. You can ask more information from user Geo6 and read his impressions on pairing with X2: http://www.head-fi.org/t/723025/philips-fidelio-x2/1125#post_11049366
For what it counts, I find my modified Aune T1 + Siemens E88CC tube + Fidelio X1 to be perfect match and also my desktop rig endgame.

Nov 21, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #1,183 of 15,268
Nov 21, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #1,184 of 15,268
Amazon just charged my card for the X2s, and they don't do that until they're shipping... 
biggrin.gif
  If they're coming from relatively near by, could have them tomorrow, but Monday is more likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back