Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 23, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #11,656 of 15,268
Talked to Philips' customer service. They're well-aware of the problem and have immediately given me the opportunity to get a replacement.

Damn, what an uplifting twist to the story. Not even that they directly offered a replacement, but that they openly admit that this is a known problem.

Well, at least something good came of it. You've had some really bad luck with these. Hopefully it'll get sorted out soon.

Dec 23, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #11,657 of 15,268
Well, at least something good came of it. You've had some really bad luck with these. Hopefully it'll get sorted out soon.

Tell me about it. Then again, I've read somewhere in this very thread before that a guy also had to trade in the headphones three times before he got a functional pair.

Should Philips ever decide to make an X3 I hope they put a significant amount of extra effort in the QA for driver matching.

Dec 23, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #11,658 of 15,268
Talked to Philips' customer service. They're well-aware of the problem and have immediately given me the opportunity to get a replacement.

Damn, what an uplifting twist to the story. Not even that they directly offered a replacement, but that they openly admit that this is a known problem.

Good to hear that you've gotten to the bottom of it (and aren't hearing things either
wink.gif
)
Out of curiosity, did they mention what the problem is?

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #11,659 of 15,268
  Out of curiosity, did they mention what the problem is?

Unfortunately not. I was asked the generic "Did you try different audio devices and cables?" stuff and eventually was asked to give the PY1A--- serial number under one of the earpads. The guy said to check his database and after a while responded with "Oh yeah, this is a known problem. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen". That's as much information as I could get before I was offered the replacement.

Dec 25, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #11,660 of 15,268
Less than $50 later, I no longer have to deal with noise the wires make when they move, or pulling the headphone cable taught!
4OYoVkm.jpg

Seems embedding images is broken
http://i.imgur.com/4OYoVkm.jpg

Still sound brilliant.

using Real Bass Exciter with these for added sub bass, brilliant.

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #11,664 of 15,268
Huh? You said you were offered a replacement.

It's weird. The guy told me they were going to replace it but then also said it's probably faster to just get a replacement from Amazon. I was given the decision what to do and eventually picked Amazon.

Now that I write this down, it does seem fishy... Let's hope that wasn't just Philips' customer service trying to get rid off me. :/

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #11,665 of 15,268
Kinda makes sense… Amazon's turn around is way faster than any manf. When my Dad's treadmill had issues, he was told it'd be way faster to get it replaced through Amazon, rather than the manufacturer. As long as its in the 30 day return window

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #11,666 of 15,268
Now there is sale on the x2 for 120 usd here in sweden. I'm thinking to upgrade my brothers hd598 to this.... can anyone give me some comments on hd598 vs x2 ? These doesn't need amp right ? Also how are the quality on these ? Heard there are lots of problem before ?

Dec 26, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #11,668 of 15,268
Now there is sale on the x2 for 120 usd here in sweden. I'm thinking to upgrade my brothers hd598 to this.... can anyone give me some comments on hd598 vs x2 ? These doesn't need amp right ? Also how are the quality on these ? Heard there are lots of problem before ?

They're an upgrade from the 598 overall; the X2 signature is warmer with less mid presence and crisper treble. Wider soundstage as well. I don't have the 598 anymore so I can't say much more than that without comparing. The X2 don't need an amp. I find they do refine a bit with one, but it's far from necessary. They drive fine out of anything. That's quite a bargain, so I wouldn't hesitate to go for it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back