Philips Fidelio X2?!
May 27, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #4,831 of 15,268

I decided a long time ago to stop *testing* for channel imbalance - it was driving me crazy. I could always seem to find imbalance. 
basshead.gif

The X-2's I received were eerily well-centered, and have turned out to be the open headphone I've been looking for all along. For now.

Well if I'm wrong or not about my headphone having imbalance it sounds amazing to me, so I guess it really doesn't matter much.

May 27, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #4,833 of 15,268

No, you could easily be right. The ones I got happened to be centered, at least to my ears. And yeah, I'm really liking them too. 

Well that's good they're probably fine. I personally can't wait to try out a decent set-up on them, especially since I've only heard them on warm amps and the extra warmness really isn't for me.

May 28, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #4,837 of 15,268
I'm sad with my X2. It is just so good on almost anything that it cured my upgraditis. :/

LOL. I suffer from the same :wink:

May 28, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #4,838 of 15,268
  LOL. I suffer from the same :wink:

People over at that other site get butthurt when I say that the X2 is my endgame.

It's very convenient that my ideal sound signature can be found in a mid-range (priced) headphone, so that I don't need to spend a thousand dollars for a "summit-tier" pair to be satisfied.

Right now, it looks like I'll be quite content with my X2's for a long time

May 28, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #4,839 of 15,268

People over at that other site get butthurt when I say that the X2 is my endgame.

It's very convenient that my ideal sound signature can be found in a mid-range (priced) headphone, so that I don't need to spend a thousand dollars for a "summit-tier" pair to be satisfied.

Right now, it looks like I'll be quite content with my X2's for a long time

Man I hear that. My X2 just rises on top of all of the headphones I own, and if there is anything the X2 misses and doesn't cover I can just get those with them, so I don't feel like I need to even venture out of this bracket.

May 28, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #4,840 of 15,268
It's so nice to hear from fellow contented X2 owners!  What's not to like about a reasonably priced set of cans with a great build quality, look great, are very comfortable, have replaceable cables and pads and have an engaging sound signature that works well with various styles of music?  They may not be perfect but they suit my ears just fine. . .

May 29, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #4,842 of 15,268
So is there any verdict on which amp to pair this with?

I've gotten quite a few telling me the X2 sounds great with the Modi 2/Magni 2, and I've heard people say that dragonfly pairs well too. I guess it all depends if you want more bass from the X2's or not, neutral amps seem to pair well with it and serves to refine the sound rather than to add more of something.

May 29, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #4,845 of 15,268
That depends on how much you want to spend
wink_face.gif

They'll do fine on anything, but I'd say go with a more neutral amp with these, something like the Schiit Magni 2. It's cheap, powerful, and more then you'll ever need for these.

Quote:
So is there any verdict on which amp to pair this with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back