Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 12, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #3,331 of 15,268
  Yeah, I've gotta see if my x2's are the only pair that do it.  Bassgasm is one of my all time favorite, from back in the '90's when I was boomin' from my Lincoln Mark VII up to today.  I love listenin....no, FEELING this beat from all my car/truck stereo's and especially on my Vintage Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's.

Slightly off topic, but I can hear and feel the beat as well if you're one of those Hondas with the 12" subs in the back.  If you love sub-bass, you might want to check out the MDR XB-1000s.  They're discontinued, but some person was offering to buy one from his local store and send them to you for $300 because they still stocked them on the F.S. forums.  Really great deal, considering the prices on Amazon and Ebay as of now are insanely high.

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #3,332 of 15,268
  Can anyone else give her a go with Bassgasm and see if you have the same "didgeridoo" issue I outlined above?  I'd appreciate it much.  It could be blaring, but like I said, my Senn 598's handle the same bass with no issue.

Like around the 2:07 mark...

I currently have 2 X2s in the house.  Neither of them exhibit a didgeridoo effect at 2:07.

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #3,333 of 15,268
Did you turn the volume pretty high?  Actually, I needn't turn it overly high, the didgeridoo starts in quickly. 

Thanks for the replies, guys.  I understand the concept of open cans and my main gripe was that these x2's do most things better than my 598's, especially bass, but Bassgasm in particular are handled BETTER on the 598's.  Go figure. 

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #3,334 of 15,268
  Totally, I'll give that a whirl - Ideally I'd like to get in there fully and secure with threadlocker, but attempting to remove the cups via those plastic flat-headed caps on either side of them didn't work out so well (didn't loosen via counter-clockwise motion - seems to be "plugged" in somehow, attaching to the rods that the cup swivels on.

Yeah, they're intended to stay.  If you look closely on the plastic hinge thing (the one on the front) between the cups and the metal circle, you can see a wire coming out of it.

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #3,335 of 15,268
  Did you turn the volume pretty high?  Actually, I needn't turn it overly high, the didgeridoo starts in quickly. 

Thanks for the replies, guys.  I understand the concept of open cans and my main gripe was that these x2's do most things better than my 598's, especially bass, but Bassgasm in particular are handled BETTER on the 598's.  Go figure. 

Where did you buy them from?

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #3,336 of 15,268

For you Bizill, I turned up the volume to the point the bass was uncomfortable for me and then also kicked it up a notch by turning on high bass boost on my JDS C5D.  It felt like I was going to blow out my eardrums with the bass but still no didgeridoo sound.

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #3,338 of 15,268
  Can anyone else give her a go with Bassgasm and see if you have the same "didgeridoo" issue I outlined above?  I'd appreciate it much.  It could be blaring, but like I said, my Senn 598's handle the same bass with no issue.

Dang!! These cheap K612 pros sound great! Rattles my ears with no distortion.
X2sbetter be good. Now I'm getting nervous.

Check out Bass Mekanik!! 

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #3,339 of 15,268
  Thanks guys.  Amazon.  Uh, oh, return/replace time?  Everything else sounds great.  Spectacular, even.  That is, until Bassgasm.

Were they sold by Amazon or just fulfilled by Amazon?  Worst case scenario, request a replacement asap because Philips isn't exactly known for their great customer service.

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #3,340 of 15,268
Amazon, on purpose.  Even though it mean paying tax.  Again, Amazon takes care of me.  I'm gonna give it a day or two.  Too much time at work then kids and stuff when I get home.  Very little time to dabble.  I'll probably be calling Amazon though.  Ugh.

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #3,341 of 15,268
Wow, a huge difference in the mesh hammock tension on the 2 X2s that are with me right now.  I think one is like 2x stronger tension than the other.  The stronger one causes an uncomfortable pressure point on the top of my head if I wear it for more than a 10 minutes.

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #3,342 of 15,268
Stretching them out really helps with the clamp. It is *quite* clampy at first.

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #3,344 of 15,268

Sounds like a hatchback slammin' with a couple 15's in the back through my X2's. No didgeridoo here. Cranked it too....loud enough I could actually feel it.

Feb 12, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #3,345 of 15,268
damn.  I'm not some weirdo in need of coddling nor attention.  I was sitting here at my laptop and drifted in and out of sleep.  Startled myself awake, luckily I didn't chuck my trackball across the room as has happened before, lol.  Anyway, go to Amazon to set up a replacement.  "What the hell, let's try it out one more time before I hit submit on the return."  The didgeridoo problem has ceased, or evolved.  No more didgeridoo, but sometimes a very faint rattle.  Not a rattle like a blown speaker and it, well, something seems to be resonating, but not every time.

Weird voodoo happening here.  I was burning my cans in all night last night and today.  I only had the cans off about an hour with no juice flowing to them.  It's not me or my hearing.  I did everything when it was happening including removing the cans back 'n forth with the Senns.  I wonder could giving them a break change harmonics?  Frickin' weird.  I don't want to give these things a bad rep.  I WILL be keeping an eye on this issue.  That much is for certain.  For now I will not be submitting this to Amazon.

....AND, JUST BEFORE I hit submit to this post and having played the song passage a few times again, didgeridoo comes back.  So, when the diaphrams get heated (mostly right side, more faint on left) or gets some action something must be loosing control and giving up the ghost.  I'm gonna hold off a day or two and see if this works itself out or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back