Philips Fidelio X2 Defects on Amazon
Dec 23, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #93 of 250

Thanks - sloppier is probably the word I was looking for.  It gives the impression of more quantity but yeah, it's not as tight.  Good tip with the slider too, I'd forgotten you can do that.. 1-2 clicks centers my WOOX pair.  I can't keep them with such an obvious problem though, resale value plummits and I'm the honest type.

Yah, if the balance is that far out they're definitely a return candidate.
So does the Gibson pair actually say Gibson on the headband or just the box? This whole Gibson/Woox thing is a bit confusing
confused.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #94 of 250
  Yah, if the balance is that far out they're definitely a return candidate.
So does the Gibson pair actually say Gibson on the headband or just the box? This whole Gibson/Woox thing is a bit confusing
confused.gif

Gibson on the box, both pairs have WOOX on the headband.  Have you seen one with Gibson on the headband?  I have seen quite a few online and can't say I remember one.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #95 of 250
I just did a replacement through Amazon. Mine said Imported by Gibson Innovation USA Inc. The headphone pad is glued a swell, I got them off but It took a lot of effort. I hope the replacement ones are not fk up. Anyone keeping the auxiliary cable that came with the headphone, I wander what would Amazon do if I decide to keep the auxiliary cable and just not include in the box.

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #97 of 250
  I just did a replacement through Amazon. Mine said Imported by Gibson Innovation USA Inc. The headphone pad is glued a swell, I got them off but It took a lot of effort. I hope the replacement ones are not fk up. Anyone keeping the auxiliary cable that came with the headphone, I wander what would Amazon do if I decide to keep the auxiliary cable and just not include in the box.

What is the auxiliary cable you speak of.

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #101 of 250
My $200 amazon pair says Gibson on the box.  Has glued on pads.  I got one side off with some effort.  The other side was even tougher and the inside fabric is coming loose!  Bummer. I was already not that impressed with the head phones because of the type of music I listen to.  Some of the music had very grainy highs that hurt my ears.  Some of the bass do sound good on the X2 compared to my Sennheiser HD598SE.  I love those and they are so comfortable on my head.

Dec 24, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #104 of 250
Has anyone listened to Loreena McKennitt's "The Mask and Mirror" album first track "Mystics dream". On my 598 it sounds great. There is no harshness to her voice. With the X2, he voice sounds like some one dialed up the treble to the maximum. On the other hand, in Pink Martini's "Hey Eugene" album title track, the drum beats have a crispness with the x2 that is lacking in the 598. With classical music, they are both good but comfort wise, I like the 598. I am very torn. Also I tried taking off the pads and one of the pads got the fabric stretched. Oh well. I am still very torn between just returning the x2 or keeping both. I tried listening to some movies like "Dark City" in bluray and the 598 sounded better with male voices. Is this because the mid frequencies are kinda laid back in the x2? I am using a NAD T775hd for all my tests. The source is lossless audio from my Mac mini through hdmi to the NAD. I use audirvana to play. The movie is Blu-ray Disc from a Sony bluray player playing a lossless track.

Dec 24, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #105 of 250

As mentioned by someone else, Amazon will check. I'm guessing they will either email you to either ship back the missing items, not refund you fully, or else ship you back the headphones at your cost and revoke future replacements on that order. Either way, why would you want to do that? This isn't Amazon's fault, so why cause them the trouble?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back