Philips Fidelio X2 Defects on Amazon
Jul 17, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #241 of 250
I don't know that now all pads are really detachable :/ I've bought from Amazon, but why they could refund me? I damaged the headphone, even if they are defective
frown.gif
frown.gif

Should I contact amazon or Philips? Can amazon help with no warranty?

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

Explain the situation. This is not your fault and the headphone is defective as the pads are not removable as advertised, so the damage is not your fault. This should be refunded. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #242 of 250
I don't know that now all pads are really detachable :/ I've bought from Amazon, but why they could refund me? I damaged the headphone, even if they are defective
frown.gif
frown.gif

Should I contact amazon or Philips? Can amazon help with no warranty?

Explain the situation. This is not your fault and the headphone is defective as the pads are not removable as advertised, so the damage is not your fault. This should be refunded. 
smily_headphones1.gif

They have accepted the refund !!i'm so happy !!
But sorry Philips , i won't buy another Fidelio x2.

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #243 of 250
I'd love to buy these but the amount of USED ones popping up on amazon UK is worrying. Most have "cosmetic damages". I'm guessing this is down to the glue being reported. Does this cosmetic issue mean the sound is automatically a poor batch? 

Sep 18, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #245 of 250
I'm absolutely gutted. I just bought these without know aythig about the damn Evil Gibson buy out ad destroy. I had read all the reviews from whe they were released. so so so annoyed. They souded like the perfect phone. Should I just cancel my order? why would Gibson do such a terrible terrible thing to one of the most loved phones out there?

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #246 of 250
  I'm absolutely gutted. I just bought these without know aythig about the damn Evil Gibson buy out ad destroy. I had read all the reviews from whe they were released. so so so annoyed. They souded like the perfect phone. Should I just cancel my order? why would Gibson do such a terrible terrible thing to one of the most loved phones out there?

There's no reason to panic, mostly this has been blown way out of proportion. Wait til you get them, see if you like them. I don't believe they're even gluing the pads anymore, and if you get a pair with glued pads it doesn't mean they'll sound bad, but if you don't like having the pads glued you can return them

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #247 of 250

There's no reason to panic, mostly this has been blown way out of proportion. Wait til you get them, see if you like them. I don't believe they're even gluing the pads anymore, and if you get a pair with glued pads it doesn't mean they'll sound bad, but if you don't like having the pads glued you can return them

I'm not so worried about the glue issue more about the SQ being altered from the originals.

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #248 of 250

I'm not so worried about the glue issue more about the SQ being altered from the originals.

I wouldn't worry about that, the Gibson X2's still sound great

Sep 7, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #249 of 250
I know this thread doesn't have much activity lately, but I wanted to update that I bought a factory sealed X2 from Amazon UK in early 09/17 (bought and sold by Amazon). I paid $150 shipped to the US, which I thought was a killer deal.

I've read through this thread and a large portion of the big X2 thread.

I've carefully looked over my X2s, as well as completely taken them apart, and there are none of the issues that have been discussed. The box and headband both say Gibson. The pads are 100% not glued whatsoever, no dye come off the pads when rubbed on white paper, the pads are the same foam density, and the aluminum trim ring is literally perfect. The sound is also spot on. The box has the high-res logo, so based on the information I've read, the version I received is the most current version.

It appears that Philips/Gibson finally got their act together with the manufacturing of these. It could be that they retooled some stuff or revised their manufacturing process for the X2HD (to address the previous issues), and the regular X2 benefited. Who knows, but I couldn't be happier.

Yeah yeah, I only have a sample size of 1, and I don't have an old Woox pair to compare (yet). But the sound signature is spot on what people describe. No muddy or bloated bass, no bleeding into the mids, none of that stuff that has been attributed to many of the Gibsons.

Oct 21, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #250 of 250
I know this thread doesn't have much activity lately, but I wanted to update that I bought a factory sealed X2 from Amazon UK in early 09/17 (bought and sold by Amazon). I paid $150 shipped to the US, which I thought was a killer deal.

I've read through this thread and a large portion of the big X2 thread.

I've carefully looked over my X2s, as well as completely taken them apart, and there are none of the issues that have been discussed. The box and headband both say Gibson. The pads are 100% not glued whatsoever, no dye come off the pads when rubbed on white paper, the pads are the same foam density, and the aluminum trim ring is literally perfect. The sound is also spot on. The box has the high-res logo, so based on the information I've read, the version I received is the most current version.

It appears that Philips/Gibson finally got their act together with the manufacturing of these. It could be that they retooled some stuff or revised their manufacturing process for the X2HD (to address the previous issues), and the regular X2 benefited. Who knows, but I couldn't be happier.

Yeah yeah, I only have a sample size of 1, and I don't have an old Woox pair to compare (yet). But the sound signature is spot on what people describe. No muddy or bloated bass, no bleeding into the mids, none of that stuff that has been attributed to many of the Gibsons.

Just ordered an Amazon UK pair for £125, received it and it is the Woox box and headphone and no defects mentioned in the thread. Have only had time to inspect them, haven't listended to them yet. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back