Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison
Jan 10, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #363 of 373
I don't know if any one will answer this based on my last few messages but I'll try anyway. I recently acquired the philips fiddlio x1s as my first good headphonea. Due to my lack of knowledge on these sorts of things I have ran into a problem. I got a media bridge cable of amazon and I have noticed a crakly noise while listening to the headphobes. Sometimes even I notice random changes in volume and just audio cutting out for a second all together. This doesn't happen all the time just randomly while listening. I do not have a DAC or amp or soundcard so the problem might come from that. I just don't know what to blame for the problem is it the cable, the lack of a soundcard or the headphones them self. If you have experienced a similar problem or know what is happening please inform me because this is really getting on my nerves.

Jan 10, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #364 of 373
Sounds like loose solder connection somwhere in chain... it could be X1 socket, could be cable soldering, could be PC socket... start to investigate one by one with testing other hardware.

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #366 of 373
any recoomendation between audioquest evergreen or golden gate? i am leaning towards the evergreen but i would like to know if the sound difference will be audible - then i shall consider the golden gate. i am using DX90 btw. Thanks in advance!

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #367 of 373
I doubt there will be any sound difference between those cables (even stock cable) if their impedance is under 1 Ohm. Did You measure Your stock cable? 

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #368 of 373
I just ordered the X1 on an Amazon Lightning Deal for $169.  I'm looking for headphones strictly for gaming.  I figured I could get the v-moda mic which will in turn replace the cable as well.  I was holding out for the K7XX to drop again on massdrop, but $169 was hard to say no to for a headphone that is rated highly for gaming.  Has anyone had the X1 and K7XX?  Which would you prefer more for gaming?  I just want to make sure I'll be happy with my purchase.  I have big ears that stick out a little bit and I read the X1 ear muffs are large and deep so I imagine that should work well for me.

Thanks!

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #369 of 373
You can't go wrong with the X1 for $169.99. I'd be very happy with that purchase :)

The K7XX is going to sound extremely similar/identical to the K702 anniversary, which is mentioned and compared heavily to the X1 in this review.

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #370 of 373
Since I joined the Head-Fi Community just a few seconds ago I need to thank "chicolom" for that great review which helped me back in the days. A year ago I was looking for some good headphones and this review was a big deal for my decision. I didn't had an account back than so I could not give thanks for that detailed comparision, but this was the first thing I think about after I joined this forum.

Owning the X1 since 1 year I could easilly say that they are really awesome! I am listening to all kind of music, watching films and playing competitive fps games with these headphones. Locating an enemy is so easy and often gives me the edge to win a match. The comfort of the Philips Fidelio X1 is awesome! I am wearing them daily up to 12 hours and never get uncomfortable with them. So great headpones for a good price. Really could recommend them.

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #371 of 373
Wow! The photos are amazing. Thank you for your patient and informative review. I am currently trying to hunt down a pair right now. I think the brown looks a little more classic and refined than the black of the X2's

Oct 30, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #372 of 373
Little let down by the X1, not sure my expectations were too high tho given the great reviews. It has a big sound, great bass, very lush mids. It can sound a bit muddy tho at times and congested. Possibly down to the enhanced lows. It's not bad, it's just I thought being they are open ear they'd have more air going thru them, helping to separate things bit better and enhance detail. For the £130 i spent on them and in perfect condition i can't complain too much. i have closed back sets though that have a similar sound, but more open with much better treble. I'm thinking Yamaha MT220 especially which actually sounds like it had a bigger soundstage which surprised me big time.

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #373 of 373
Little let down by the X1, not sure my expectations were too high tho given the great reviews. It has a big sound, great bass, very lush mids. It can sound a bit muddy tho at times and congested. Possibly down to the enhanced lows. It's not bad, it's just I thought being they are open ear they'd have more air going thru them, helping to separate things bit better and enhance detail. For the £130 i spent on them and in perfect condition i can't complain too much. i have closed back sets though that have a similar sound, but more open with much better treble. I'm thinking Yamaha MT220 especially which actually sounds like it had a bigger soundstage which surprised me big time.

Have you tried switching out the cables? Some find that going to a lower impedence cable (if high to begin with - there was some variation) “opens them up”. They are also very scalable and crave a bit of power. A strong, low impedence amp makes all the difference. Please keep in mind that the X1 was not voiced for complete neutrality or accuracy as they were tuned more for a “fun” sound signature. I love mine as long as I am not in an analytical mood (which is rare).

*Edit: I just perused your profile and am sure you probably tried different configurations... Nice collection, BTW! Also, it is always nice to see a fellow Kate Bush fan. She was never as popular as she should have been here in the USA, but there is no accounting for the typical American’s taste.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back