Philips Fidelio S1 and S2 - New IEMs with semi-closed back
Nov 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #271 of 367
Anyone compared the S2 with either the RE 400 or the MA 750?

RE400 - most neutral with a mild mid-bass lift. Upper midrange sounded a little off for me. Good detail.

S2 - bass reaches lower than 400 with less mid-bass. Good mids and treble can be a little hot at louder volumes. Not sibilant though. Overall more fun sounding as 400 with just as good details.

MA750 - biggest bass with nice combination of sub and mid-bass. Very smooth, forward midrange. Treble sounds less aggressive as the other two but retains nice clarity. Nice staging and just as big as S2 if not bigger.

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #273 of 367
The S2 is what I think people mean they say musical. It is super easy to get lost in the layers of music. I really feel its the difference between open cans and closed cans, but in iem form. I really love the fit with the comply comfort tips. 

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #274 of 367
RE400 - most neutral with a mild mid-bass lift. Upper midrange sounded a little off for me. Good detail.

S2 - bass reaches lower than 400 with less mid-bass. Good mids and treble can be a little hot at louder volumes. Not sibilant though. Overall more fun sounding as 400 with just as good details.

MA750 - biggest bass with nice combination of sub and mid-bass. Very smooth, forward midrange. Treble sounds less aggressive as the other two but retains nice clarity. Nice staging and just as big as S2 if not bigger.

Do you have a preference between the three for pop and female vocals?

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #276 of 367
So it's down to the S2 and the FXZ200 for me. Love my FXT90's and my Vsonics...so dsnuts?? can you help me make up my mind??? 

Which one is REALLY the very best of the two???

Metal/Classic Rock/Rock

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #277 of 367
Inks, thanks for throwing me that bone about Jay Curves. I uploaded that app, and it made my damn FXT90's so from amazing to ballistic!!! HOLY S**T!!!!

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #278 of 367
Does anyone know where can I buy the S2 stock ear tips, I found them sound good on my others phones as well.

Any recommendation on wide bore ear tips ( as wide as S2 stock ear tip would be great) are also welcome.

Thanks

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #279 of 367
Does anyone know where can I buy the S2 stock ear tips, I found them sound good on my others phones as well.

Any recommendation on wide bore ear tips ( as wide as S2 stock ear tip would be great) are also welcome.

Thanks

The s2 has a wide bore apeture? Hmm interesting i would like to know as well, see if i can use it for my re400. Im using a narrower tip atm its good but i want the sound i got with the bigger bores, but none sealed well enough. Treble extension was great!

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #280 of 367
The s2 has a wide bore apeture? Hmm interesting i would like to know as well, see if i can use it for my re400. Im using a narrower tip atm its good but i want the sound i got with the bigger bores, but none sealed well enough. Treble extension was great!

Yep as you can see in the picture S2 tip compare to AT stock ear tip and S2 tip with my Delta

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #281 of 367
wide bore ear tips sound great at LG QB2 also. I need them 
happy_face1.gif

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #282 of 367
^^I've tied various tips on the S2 - including the Sony hybrids, cheap silocone (from EBay) as well as the soft gel tips of the Sony MH1C. Found the comfort and fit of the soft gel tips matched well. YMMV as everyone has different issues with fit/comfort/sound quality/isolation/etc.

Steve

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #284 of 367
Yeah. Sold my S2's pretty quickly. The sound was good. Not great. Just good, and the fit was fine, but the comfort was not so much. Those large casings, to get a good seal, need to be pressed close to the ear, which causes a bit of soreness over long listens. I liked how good they looked though. The M200 is vastly superior to the S2. Now if only I can get my M200's replaced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back