Philips Citiscape Uptown vs. Creative Aurvana Live!
Jun 30, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #16 of 21
Too bad... It is not a breaking factor but i have to admit that this is done of the things that i like in the aurvana and that to me represents the success of the aurvana... As i said to me they havê fuzzy bass, and they are too warm and Laidback but i have to admit that in termos of sound fullness and 3d imaging on edm specially they are really cool. I was listening yesterday to "avocado" by esteve Brian ( the long version) and while the traço is building up the is almost like a caterpillar motor sound... On the v6s por other headphones i havê that sound ia cool but you clearly nottest that the sound is on your head (dentre), on the aurvana is almost like this sound expands and males a "wheel" effect since it goês black and forth while it rises and thia is pretty cool.

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #17 of 21
I've got both. Here's my 2 cent

CAL:
- Really heavy bass not boomy but really loads of them
- Mids really shines
- Treble is so so not good but not bad either
- Imaging all depend on the DAC and amp you're using. on something like modi and o2 it's quite wide. But out of an ipod is really cramped

Plipis uptown:
- Bass is really lacking and IMO it's wakest link. You can tell bass (especially mid bass) is there but almost no impact. I'm not a bass head and think CAL would be better with slightly less bass but uptown just lacks of them
- Mids are nice and clear most of time but still feel a little recessed
- Treble is philips forte compared aurvana. Nice sparkly without being too sharp. Maybe because the mids are slightly recessed compared to CAL the
- Imaging without amp is better than aurvana feels wider and higher at the same time. But with the same amp/dac combo the sound stage feels similar

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #18 of 21
  I've got both. Here's my 2 cent

CAL:
- Really heavy bass not boomy but really loads of them
- Mids really shines
- Treble is so so not good but not bad either
- Imaging all depend on the DAC and amp you're using. on something like modi and o2 it's quite wide. But out of an ipod is really cramped

Plipis uptown:
- Bass is really lacking and IMO it's wakest link. You can tell bass (especially mid bass) is there but almost no impact. I'm not a bass head and think CAL would be better with slightly less bass but uptown just lacks of them
- Mids are nice and clear most of time but still feel a little recessed
- Treble is philips forte compared aurvana. Nice sparkly without being too sharp. Maybe because the mids are slightly recessed compared to CAL the
- Imaging without amp is better than aurvana feels wider and higher at the same time. But with the same amp/dac combo the sound stage feels similar

Did you notice a ''fog layer'' on the sound of the Uptowns?

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #19 of 21
I'm not sure with that you mean with "fog layer". One thing I might add for the uptown. It's not suitable for people with glasses like me. if you wear glasses it reduce the pads seal and makes the headphone sounds a but tin like also with less bass. It feels more solid and more bass when I took my glasses off.

Sep 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #20 of 21
  I'm not sure with that you mean with "fog layer". One thing I might add for the uptown. It's not suitable for people with glasses like me. if you wear glasses it reduce the pads seal and makes the headphone sounds a but tin like also with less bass. It feels more solid and more bass when I took my glasses off.

I mean graininess. I noticed they were kind of grainy sounding at the midrange. Not a very realistic sound imo.

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #21 of 21
I don't think the mids are grainy but on some track I do admit sometimes it feels a bit muffled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back