Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and impressions)
Dec 28, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #273 of 528
That's a fantastic price. Very high quality drivers and a very balanced but fun sound. Build quality is top notch and you could use these as a weapon in a pinch due to their very solid nature.

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #276 of 528
Just got these from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHILIPS-A5PROi-00-PROFESSIONAL-DJ-HEADPHONES-OVER-EAR-A5-PRO-BLACK-BRAND-NEW-/301797982720?hash=item46448fc200:g:wWcAAOSwiwVWRapq for 120£

I didnt know that they come now with mic cable too. 

When i first looked box i was What i have never seen on unboxing videos those ipad/ipod marks or in accessories list mic cable. I looked Amazon and on those they have same things. So i guess these are real,because they sound absolute fantastic! Im trance DJ at professional lvl and i have used 5 different headphones and these absolute crush all of them. Everything sounds super clear! (even without burn in :D

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #277 of 528
  Just got these from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHILIPS-A5PROi-00-PROFESSIONAL-DJ-HEADPHONES-OVER-EAR-A5-PRO-BLACK-BRAND-NEW-/301797982720?hash=item46448fc200:g:wWcAAOSwiwVWRapq for 120£

I didnt know that they come now with mic cable too. 

When i first looked box i was What i have never seen on unboxing videos those ipad/ipod marks or in accessories list mic cable. I looked Amazon and on those they have same things. So i guess these are real,because they sound absolute fantastic! Im trance DJ at professional lvl and i have used 5 different headphones and these absolute crush all of them. Everything sounds super clear! (even without burn in :D

I am not aware of a mic cable. I was one of the earlier owners of this HP and I didn't have that cable.

Haha, you liked them already? If yours are unopened NIB condition, just burn them in and it will get "only" better! I have never noticed a HP to benefit from burn-in like the A5Pro.

And you're correct for your statement, I  have tried every genre and with Trance they outshine all my HP collection. But for some of the other music types there may be better options...

For a trance lover/listener/DJ  this HP is an absolute gem.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #278 of 528
Yeah these was unopened NIB condition :) 

If read amazon reviews people have mentioned that mic cable

''I got the A5PROi version which includes a shorter cable with mic and iPhone controls as well as the longer coiled cable.The button controls for volume works for iPhone but not for Android which I use. The central button still works to control Play/Pause.''

Also CNET mentioned that

''Philips generously provides two detachable cords (a straight one with a single button/microphone for smartphone controls and a simple coiled version for DJs)''

So i guess there is different box versions of these on the market.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #282 of 528
Okay good to know !!! Thanks :) Loving these! Mixed now about 2h and 0 complain. I loved before these K267 they had really accurate sound for DJing but doing gig/practise home those last half year max 1 year(even the new models). These A5 sounds even better than those ones and i hope these last long too :) Loving also that folding mechanism
cool.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #284 of 528
I have so much fun playing with these! But the headband is killing me!!!! Did 2h mix set and now i have heavy headache. Is there any removable pads what i could use with these at home? When i play at the club i just mix track together and take them off so its not problem there.

would these fit? http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Leatherette-Universal-Sennheiser-Beyerdynamic/dp/B00862522A

Jan 9, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #285 of 528
I am currently out to replace my ATH-M50 headphones that I have been using with my computer for the past 4.5 years but they have started to break down on me so need to buy new head phones. And these Philips A5 pro is one of my candidates for sure. But I have some concerns that I hope you guys can help me with...

They are rather heavy at 405 grams compared to 280 for my ATH-M50 and also it seems the inner height of the ear cups is no more then 48 mm that is 5 mm less then on my ATH-M50 and that concerns me a little. The ATH-M50 is already too small to fit my ears inside but I still find them comfortable for 2-4 hours, but perhaps these 48 mm ones will make it uncomfortable for me! How is the clamping force on these? I guess I am hoping someone here who owns both cans can provide me with some feedback regarding the comfort level of these A5 Pro head phones!

How is the sound compared to ATH-M50? I love the sound of my ATH-M50 as they make the music fun and engaging but also especially with female vocals I find the sound pleasantly intimate. I hope these A5 Pro are just as fun, is the bass just as powerful as on the ATH-M50? I love listening too EDM and dance pop music but also modern violin such as Lindsey Stirling. I find that the ATH-M50 is very versatile with regards to different type of music. Is the A5 Pro just as versatile and fun?

I also think my ATH-M50 is good for movies and gaming. So the A5 Pro must perform in those areas as well..

Also I want decent sound isolation but not too much. I still want to be able to hear the telly in the background when I have no music playing and I want to be able to hear when a family member is shouting my name. I also want not too much leakage. My ATH-M50 do a decent job in those regards, but better protection against sound leakage would be even better. How do the A5 Pro's perform in this area?

Other contenters I am currently looking at are the Sony MDR-100AAP, Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over ear and V-Moda Crossfade M-100. How are this A5 Pro compared to those sound wise? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back