Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and impressions)
Sep 30, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #256 of 528
The bass on the A5 is sublime, very textured and plenty in volume and the rest of the spectrum is very clean, a fantastic pair of all rounders in the closed back arena considering their isolation and how even a phone can power them up to 75% of their potential.

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #257 of 528
A5 also take on the source's characteristics very well I've found, indicating a transparent driver, that you can mold to your preferences fairly easily with components behind it in the audio chain, as been said they are easy to drive, but can also handle (and love) boat loads of power, they are the opposite of a one trick pony 
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #258 of 528
I daresay but out of my Pulse XFi, they are simply astounding maybe even TOTL. Pitch black background, silky mids, well textured and controlled treble and layered, impactful and controlled bass combined with a surprisingly open soundstage for a closed can. Just the overall quality of the driver is astounding and a testament to Philips R&D muscle. Not to mention it's solid and sturdy build quality, pretty much outshines everything I've come across. A true hidden gem.

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #259 of 528
I have my doubts that the phone will reveal 75% of the capacity of A5-pro ...
I agree that A5-pro clearly shows the difference sound sources. I was surprised by the apparent differences in when Fiio H5mm2 listened Cayin N6, QLS360. I believe that the A5-pro can be even more surprising its sound with a source that is still higher class.

Oct 17, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #260 of 528
I own a set of A5 pro for a while, they are great I love them. Especially with 110mm pads. But while using them connected to Onkyo TX-NR636, it's noticeable that they still aren't at their full potential. I know close to nothing about headphone amps. So here comes my question. What would be a reasonably priced one for my A5's and other headphones in the future (included those with high impedance)? I listen to a lot of genre's but it's mostly concentrated on electronic music (trance, drum&bass etc.) so a bass boost option would be appreciated, not for constant use but to turn it on occasionally for some extra fun. Sorry for some English mistakes I've probably made. Greetings, Karol

Oct 19, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #263 of 528
Fiio E12. C5 is also good, but the appearance and constructive E12 me more went to a bunch of Philips A5-pro + Fiio X5 + E12.
p.s. On the E12 I have implemented the ability to enhance the bass in two positions 100% and 25% (very helpful with different levels of noise around). Thank Sanmigel for implementation!

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #264 of 528
Hello guys, i just bought the A5 pro yesturdat night on a argentinian online store for 199 dollars. Im not quite sure about the sound. Now i want to get a portable amp for these so that they can sound better. But my question is if that if they get a good amount of sound like bass on a iPhone 5 or 6 or even a Samsung s5? i dont want to spend extra money, but i want to get the most of this headphones. I heard fiio e12 amp is indeed a good amp since it delivers about 1400mw on a 16ohm headphone which in this case the A5 pro is a 16ohm, but the opnly problem with the amp is that its a bit too big. Do you guys reccomend me any amps that are preferably small and that can at least deliver 500+mw?
if theres no other choice then ill buy the e12 then. Thanks

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #265 of 528
  Hello guys, i just bought the A5 pro yesturdat night on a argentinian online store for 199 dollars. Im not quite sure about the sound. Now i want to get a portable amp for these so that they can sound better. But my question is if that if they get a good amount of sound like bass on a iPhone 5 or 6 or even a Samsung s5? i dont want to spend extra money, but i want to get the most of this headphones. I heard fiio e12 amp is indeed a good amp since it delivers about 1400mw on a 16ohm headphone which in this case the A5 pro is a 16ohm, but the opnly problem with the amp is that its a bit too big. Do you guys reccomend me any amps that are preferably small and that can at least deliver 500+mw?
if theres no other choice then ill buy the e12 then. Thanks

The A5Pro needs plenty of burn in first of all and secondly it will power off the E12 so just get it.

Try the Cayin C5 too if you want a bit more bass.

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #268 of 528
Just ordered them today for 170$ from mediamarkt Turkey. They will ship in 7-10 workdays. Can't wait to taste these babies. So happy to buy them for this cheap! Lol we don't even have Christmas holiday here.

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #269 of 528
Hey, everyone, these sound like a closed version of my beloved Fidelio X2.

Can anyone compare the two?

Where can I get these in the US? They're going for almost $400 on Amazon.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back