Philadelphia Area Meet-Up Jan 28th 2018 - NO football that weekend
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #61 of 117
@Frank I , glad you're coming, be nice to see you. I'm dying to hear the Susvara...LCD-4 as well. You did bring Dave last time, if I remember correctly.

He did bring the Dave last time, but has indicated to me that it's not making the trip this time. I'll have a sweet, heavily tube-upgraded Woo WA22 for him to use.

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #62 of 117
Attendee List updated

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #63 of 117
He did bring the Dave last time, but has indicated to me that it's not making the trip this time. I'll have a sweet, heavily tube-upgraded Woo WA22 for him to use.

Attendee List updated

I doubt you'll need it as I see quite a few DACs in tow but I see that your running your WA22 from an Audio GD Dac, If you'd like I've got an NFB 10ES2 I can bring along With a Schiit Etir for easy USB interface plus coaxial input. Should be quite close to what you have, same ESS Sabre 9018 chipset, I've got a set of XLRs as well for balanced out/input into the WA22

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #64 of 117
I doubt you'll need it as I see quite a few DACs in tow but I see that your running your WA22 from an Audio GD Dac, If you'd like I've got an NFB 10ES2 I can bring along With a Schiit Etir for easy USB interface plus coaxial input. Should be quite close to what you have, same ESS Sabre 9018 chipset, I've got a set of XLRs as well for balanced out/input into the WA22

Thank you for the offer. I'll let @Frank I reply about DAC needs. I have a ModiMulti he can use as well as a Chord Mojo. Both are already at the studio, so no extra need to transport. I need to update my about description. I sold the AudioGD some time ago.

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #65 of 117
Looks like we're at somewhere between 25 & 30 set ups. I have 10 8' tables rented as well as a few spots around the studio on existing furniture. That's going to mean some tables will need to have 3 setups, so please plan to keep your setup to 30" of width.

I'm ordering 3 large hoagie trays. If we run out of food, we'll get some pizza delivered.

In total, I'll have about $500 out of pocket...Donations, while NOT required, are always appreciated. I'm still talking to the two vendors who are attending to see if they will provide anything worthy of raffling off. Stay tuned.

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #66 of 117
Looks like we're at somewhere between 25 & 30 set ups. I have 10 8' tables rented as well as a few spots around the studio on existing furniture. That's going to mean some tables will need to have 3 setups, so please plan to keep your setup to 30" of width.

I'm ordering 3 large hoagie trays. If we run out of food, we'll get some pizza delivered.

In total, I'll have about $500 out of pocket...Donations, while NOT required, are always appreciated. I'm still talking to the two vendors who are attending to see if they will provide anything worthy of raffling off. Stay tuned.

Please share your paypal for where we can send donations.

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #67 of 117
Jan 24, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #68 of 117
We do ask that you be courteous:

-NEVER unplug headphones with the volume up or the source playing.

-many of the top headphones are open back...that means we all hear your conversations while we're listening. Remember to use your 'inside voices'

-Take
a shower that morning and wash your ears...you're going to be trying on other people's headphones and others will be wearing yours...it's just commen sense and courtesy.

Just wanted to say, I love that reminder man! It's a goofy thing to ask people but 100% True lol, I'll also 2 have power conditioners with my in case any one needs/wants some cleaner power

Jan 24, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #70 of 117
Received my new pair of Campfire Andromeda's in the mail today - I'll bring them along as well (BYOTips)

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #72 of 117
I'm super excited about the meet! Did a small test set up on my little table today just to make sure everything fits, an I've updated my gear list to reflect what I can and cannot fit onto the table

My wife and I usually do meets together, as she usually helps manage the different systems I have, but this time around I'm going to be at it alone and I'm more excited to listen than anything! There's a lot of really amazing set ups here that I've not heard before so I'm super excited. That said, while I know were all experienced and very careful owners/handlers of equipment I did want to give a quick run down of my modest table

I've paired each of the headphones I own to a system I think is complimentary! So you guys can hear each of these at their best, 4/5 headphones I'm bringing are either modded or non production so they ought to be quite unique! Not as amazing as the LCD 4, Stax or some of the other amazing offers. But pretty unique to the mid-range market offerings

That said, My little table is a little messier than I'd like as I've got quite a few inter connectors hooked into it two different pre-Amps I usually have a little sheet of paper with some tips and pertinent information but alas this time around I don't know that I'll have room so I suppose it would be best to run over everything with you guys now! I don't expect too much interest as a lot of this stuff is entry-mid range but I do hope those of you who stop by for a listen enjoy it! I'll personally be chatting with most of you while I wait to try out some of the TOTL systems I've never had a chance to hear before!

20180126_111541_HDRcolored Circles.jpg

This system is composed of a modded Audio Technica ES 10, the cups are cocobolo wood, I don't remember what the EarPads are and the internal dampening scheme is 100% custom. These were modded by @Bill-P and are driven by the 2.5mm Balanced output of the Shanling M3S
This Cable is a SPC Litz wire terminated to 3.5mm TRRS Balanced so please speak to me if you'd like to hear it with anything else, I have a SE cable as well but the entry points at the bottom are not as sturdy as I'd like so please don't swap the cable out yourself...

This is a Ypsilon G1, it's amped by the Schiit Vali Gen 1 the amp does ring for about 30 seconds anytime you plug something into it or bump the table, not perfect but for $70 second hand I still think it's great, The amp is sourced from either the Burson Play OR the JDS Labs EL Dac, my Schiit SYS pre-amp switches between the two sources

Additionally the Burson Play is sourced by my Laptop and will accept any 6.5mm connection. I've got the Vivid OpAmps installed by default, my Lap Top is running FooBar 2000 and will already be set to output into the Burson Play, I don't have a mouse on hand for the laptop as it is a touch screen!

My Shanling M2s and HM 601 are fed into the JDS Labs OL Switcher. A little input switch changes between the two sources and both are set to Line Out. The OL Switcher itself feeds into my iBasso PB2. The PB2 runs exclusively off the energizer portable battery beneath it, as the unit it self has had the smaller internal battery removed. Additionally the amp is running in high gain and is quite powerful. Boasting around 2wpc from said balanced output, it's feeding my Vintage AKG K240 Sextett. My Sextett is a Mid Production unit with a full Silver Plated Copper Recable and Cosmos Velour ePads

Your welcome to try your own headphones with it just remember of course to turn the volume down on the amp, additionally since high gain is really only useful in driving my Sextett or something like an HE 4/HE 6 you can also further adjust the volume in conjunction with the pre amp, there are jumpers inside of the amp but I do not wish to dis-assemble it at this time

The Hifiman HE 4XX is the only completly stock in production headphone I'll have with me, it's fed by my Hifiman HM901 Line out into my HeadAmp Pico Power. The HM901s line out connector is quite stupid... thus I had a special cable made for it... which is also fussy as the connector on the hm901 it self has a LOT of play. As best you can try to keep these two hooked up and lying flat on each-other... this amp is also entirely SE with 3 gain modes so your welcome to plug whatever you'd like into to it! I personally enjoy it the most with my Modded ES 10 using the SE Cable. Please speak to me if you'd like to hear that configuration as I'll need to swap the balanced Cable on the ES 10 for the SE one I have for it as well. Though if you have not heard the HE 4XX, I do think it sounds stellar from this rig!

my iRvier H140 DAP is the source for the EL Dac. There's a variety of music on there and the OS is fairly intuitive though a little different, and again the EL Dac is fed into the Schiit Vali 1 amp if any of you have a DAP with Coaxial output your 100% welcome to hook into it

Finally, the other Grado Style headphone I have is a Nhoord Red with the V1 Driver. Nhoord and Ypsilon are Grado Style driver manufacturers, each of these two different drivers were hand assembled by @DavidA the Nhoord Red V1 imo sounds best with the Balanced output of my Geek Out v2+ which it self accepts a native 3.5mm TRRS cable and has a separate port for 3.5mm TRS PLEASE do not plug a balanced cable into the trs slot nor a single end cable into the TRRS spot as you will damage the amp, the GO v2+ is just a Dac/Amp so I'll have a micro to USB A female cable on hand as well as a Micro to USB C cable on hand. My LG v20 is typically what I use with it

My ATH ES 10 will also plug into the Geek Out v2+ Balanced output without any extra adapters, if you'd like to listen to it I do ask that you simple keep the 2.5mm trrs to 3.5mm trrs adapter plugged into the M3S.

I apologize in advance is any of you find this message to be silly or otherwise rude/offensive or disrespectful! I always like to be safe and give people a heads up! Your welcome to do the same with me as well, I've got a pretty thick skin so don't worry about offending me.

Attachments

• 20180126_111541_HDR.jpg
    20180126_111541_HDR.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #73 of 117
Almost crunch time!!

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #74 of 117
@Mshenay I don't see any power steps! Don't forget power strips!! :wink:

Jan 26, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #75 of 117
@Mshenay I don't see any power steps! Don't forget power strips!! :wink:

Thanks much man! I've got em ready, I don't believe anything will need yo be turned off a lot of it is portable stuff. Either way good reminder!

I'll be arriving that night around 9pm or so does any one care to join me for a quick drink or bite to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back