Philadelphia Area Meet, January 29, 2017 - NO Football that weekend!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #91 of 147
  I just heard about this and would like to come with a friend. I can bring
Schiit Lyr2, Geek Pulse XFi, Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE-400i, Oppo PM-3.
Would really like some table space if I'm bringing the lyr and pulse. 

Edit: just saw the "that's it for space" type post. Guess I'll just bring my HD-700 to try on different amps and such. So this means I'll need to use a DAP for all my music, then?

I'll make space for you...but you're the last one!

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #92 of 147
I screwed up.  I do not have a Mani to bring.  What I have is a Magni 2.

If we need another phono stage, or just for comparison, I could bring a Thorens MM 008.

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #93 of 147
You get Mani lashes! :)

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #95 of 147
My friend also wants to attend next week, wondering if it's too late.

Attending is no problem! The more the merrier. I just don't have room for more people to set up rigs. So tell your friend to come along and bring their cans and give a listen to lots of cool stuff!

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #96 of 147
I screwed up.  I do not have a Mani to bring.  What I have is a Magni 2.

If we need another phono stage, or just for comparison, I could bring a Thorens MM 008.

No worries...VPI is bringing a phono stage!

See you in a week!

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #97 of 147
Selling some headphones so need to edit my gear list a bit.

Headphones I'm bringing will include:

Audeze LCD-2F 2016 Aluminum
Hifiman HE-6
ZMF Eikon
Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser HD580

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #98 of 147
I may bring a Focal Elear, I'll see, also the Mojo Illuminati LPS to power my MicroZOTL2.

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #100 of 147
It's a review loaner (as is the Illuminati), but I'd assume Focal would like the exposure.

I would love to hear the Elear! Please bring it. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #101 of 147
This is a MUST listen for me. I'd love to demo them. I'm looking for a possible $1000+ headphone if it blows me away. Your MZ2, are the tubes stock? I ask because I was going to change mine back to stock, if yours isn't. Would like people to be able to hear it as they can buy it.

On a side note, I'll also have a Schiit Modi Multibit. It's coming tomorrow! I'll have the X7 as one input and the Mimby on the other to the MicroZOTL2.

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #102 of 147
This is a MUST listen for me. I'd love to demo them. I'm looking for a possible $1000+ headphone if it blows me away. Your MZ2, are the tubes stock? I ask because I was going to change mine back to stock, if yours isn't. Would like people to be able to hear it as they can buy it.

On a side note, I'll also have a Schiit Modi Multibit. It's coming tomorrow! I'll have the X7 as one input and the Mimby on the other to the MicroZOTL2.

I'm not using the stock tubes anymore, probably have them in the tube pile (I have one of the earliest MZ2's released, the current model is using different stock tubes than the ones that came with mine anyway, there are a few other small changes noted earlier in the thread. My serial number is 0002, and I believe 0001 stayed in house). I'll bring the LTA LPS (which also comes in an upgraded version now, I have the previous version), the Illuminati LPS, and I suppose I could bring the switching power supply as well, that's what the base model would come with, as far as I know. (have to find it, haven't used it since I got the LPS).(I may have another thing or 2 to drag along...my source is always the issue, previous meets I brought a Pono that I used line out into the ZOTL, which works quite well. I could bring an iPad 3 or Laptop along, but I've had difficulties in that past getting the external dacs I'd like to use to play well with them. See if I have time to do it (busy week coming up in the real world).

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #104 of 147
I may bring a Focal Elear, I'll see, also the Mojo Illuminati LPS to power my MicroZOTL2.

I'm not using the stock tubes anymore, probably have them in the tube pile (I have one of the earliest MZ2's released, the current model is using different stock tubes than the ones that came with mine anyway, there are a few other small changes noted earlier in the thread. My serial number is 0002, and I believe 0001 stayed in house). I'll bring the LTA LPS (which also comes in an upgraded version now, I have the previous version), the Illuminati LPS, and I suppose I could bring the switching power supply as well, that's what the base model would come with, as far as I know. (have to find it, haven't used it since I got the LPS).(I may have another thing or 2 to drag along...my source is always the issue, previous meets I brought a Pono that I used line out into the ZOTL, which works quite well. I could bring an iPad 3 or Laptop along, but I've had difficulties in that past getting the external dacs I'd like to use to play well with them. See if I have time to do it (busy week coming up in the real world).

Awesome! I have the 2 power supplies from LTA, model number 138 I believe. You could leave yours as is, and I'll get mine to stock. I love it and would like others to see what the base model and upgraded model can do. Easy enough to swap power supplies.

I'll have a few sources, my laptop and my 2 LG phones. The LG phones output 2v, and both have very good DACs. Just have to remember all the cables I'll need. Friday I'll be busy gathering everything up. Should be a great time with a ton of awesome gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back