Philadelphia area meet - January 13, 2007
Jan 12, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #76 of 87
guys...horribly sorry...but i have to drop out at the last minute. i just realized that i have to be in AC for a tuna fishing seminar?!? can't believe it's the same day! anyway, i hope you all enjoy and i look forward to another time.

cheers
chad

Jan 12, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #77 of 87
Oh by the way I just got a D50 with the 18-55 DX kit lens for Christmas and I'll be glad to take some pics of the meet!

Jan 13, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #79 of 87
Hey guys,

I looked up the directions on Google Maps, but it doesn't seem right...
Could anybody please tell me how to get there from I-495? I will be coming from Baltimore.
Thanks,
Eugene

Jan 13, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #80 of 87
It's very easy.

Take I-95 North from Baltimore into Pennsylvania. (You might want to take I-495 around Wilmington, DE.)

About 5 miles after you cross the Pennsylvania border, look for I-476 North. Take I-476 (also known as "Mid-County Expressway" or the "Blue Route") to Villanova - St. David's, which I believe is exit 12.

Stay straight at the light at the bottom of the exit ramp. This will put you onto King of Prussia Road. Radnor High School will be on your left.

Jan 13, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #82 of 87
By the way, I'll be bringing some additional recently aquired gear of my dad's (who will also be coming): Shure E3, Creative Zen Vision:M, and also my sister's PX100's. I'm a big fan of power portables, so I figured I'd mix things up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #83 of 87
holy smokes batman, did i get lucky, i was just checking up on this because i thought it was on the 17th for some reason, but now i know to get up early tommarow, i will be there, and i will bring

macpro 17 my best music is lossless, but alot of it is from other people who don't understand why you should rip lossless, so most of it is 128

grado 325is
shure e500's i'll bring all the tips too, that way we can wash them and such if anybody wants to try them,,, (anybody got rubbing alchohol)

total bithead,,(new model)

i'll bring ,my camera too it does some cheasy video so you can see my eyes glaze over when i hear a real setup. can't wait. see you all there.
ps. i'll be bringing all my ipods too. including 2gen shuffle
pps, i just saw that there will be a ppx there, i've been wanting to hear that with my grado for awhile, awesome

Jan 13, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #84 of 87
My car was exhibiting some odd behavior last night ('stalling' briefly at moving speeds), so if I don't end up making it that's probably the reason. I'll do my best!

Jan 13, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #85 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussell6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shure e500's i'll bring all the tips too, that way we can wash them and such if anybody wants to try them,,, (anybody got rubbing alchohol)

I already have a bottle of rubbing alcohol packed, as well as a number of unused Shure sleeves.

Jan 13, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #87 of 87
I'm really sorry (read pissed!) that I couldn't make it. My car broke down about 10 minutes from my house this morning. Thankfully it was about 100 feet from the Starbucks where my sister works, but unfortunately at this point Hyundai doesn't know where my car was towed. I'm not sure which is worse - not knowing where my car is or missing the meet. Either way I'm really bummed. I hope everyone had a nice time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back