Philadelphia area meet - January 13, 2007
Jan 9, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #61 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've talked to a minister at the church and she's approved it. I should be able to speak to the person responsible for administering rooms tomorrow.

threEchelon,
Thanks for finding an alternative site.
smily_headphones1.gif
Again, everyone please accept my sincere apologies for the last minute cancelation at Good Samaritan. It was completely out of my control.

Hopefully, I will see all of you at Main Line UU on Saturday.

Jan 9, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #63 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Philadelphia area meet Attendees:

I am very happy to be invited to the meet. We will give two pairs of free earphones to you guys. To get these gifts, you need to post under our sponsor thread and tell us why you are the most suitable person to own PK2 or VS-R02 earphones before 1PM, Jan12nd, 2007. We will choose the two most impressive guys and I will bring those free gift to the meet.

Thanks a lot.

Fang

Very cool that we have a sponsor coming.

Jan 9, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #64 of 87
Sorry, guys. New location! The only suitable room at the Main Line UU Church was $60 per hour. I didn't think that you guys would want to pay that and I can't afford all of it with such an expensive hobby
smily_headphones1.gif

I talked to my assistant principle at Radnor High School and he's allowed us to use the Faculty Dining Room from 11 to 4pm (I could probably lengthen the time if you want.).

The nearest train station is the Radnor Train Station. Parking at the high school will be scarce(!), but there should be spots at the train station. We might have to unload gear at the school and then park at the train station.

The room is very acommodating. There are plenty of tables and even a microwave and sink! Yay! So bring microwaveable lunches
wink.gif
. The only nearby source of noise will be the Robotics Club practicing in the cafteria, but even so, it should be quiet.

Sorry again for the location change but I think this works out best! Here is the address for Radnor High School:

130 King of Prussia Rd.
Radnor, PA 19087

I'll try to get a map of the school layout and post it.

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #65 of 87
First page updated!

Thanks for all of the hard work finding a location. I think that Radnor High School is a great place for the meet. It's close to the train and is also just off of the Blue Route for anyone coming by car.

Jan 9, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #66 of 87
Great save threEchelon, Thanks! Just a reminder to all.....bring powerstrips!!!
I will pick up Fang from Head-direct at the train station. Don't forget to take advantage of his free offer for the earbuds! See you all on Saturday.

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #67 of 87
I will be coming from Baltimore by a car. Is there a phone number I could call in case I'd get lost? :) What else, beside the power strips (and headphones), do I need to bring? And how many power strips we may need? Extention cord(s)?

thanks,
Eugene

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #68 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by yvfed1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be coming from Baltimore by a car. Is there a phone number I could call in case I'd get lost? :) What else, beside the power strips (and headphones), do I need to bring? And how many power strips we may need? Extention cord(s)?

thanks,
Eugene

I'm not sure how many outlets are along the wall but it doesn't hurt to bring more power strips and extension cords; just throw them all in a bag.

I could give you my dad's cell phone number. PM me.

Jan 9, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #69 of 87
Thanks for finding a new spot, Great new Location! Since I live in Wynnewood its REALLY REALLY close to me. If anybody is really stuck or lost they can PM me for directions or help.

Jan 10, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #70 of 87
Are you kidding? Good thing I flipped to this last page or I would have showed up at Mr Don's church. The first post NEEDS to change to reflect this change.

Radnor High School... what's the address? I live in NJ and I have no idea where it is or how to get there, so I need to use mapquest.

Thanks.

Also, can't we get some more Grados at the meet? I can't believe with all these users we don't have an RS-1 or something for comparison.
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2007 at 11:12 AM Post #71 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you kidding? Good thing I flipped to this last page or I would have showed up at Mr Don's church. The first post NEEDS to change to reflect this change.

It has been updated, for some time now. The address is there too.

Jan 10, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #72 of 87
Awesome, thanks. Can't wait for this meet! Though small (compared to my last one, the national meet!), it should be nice to have some time to devote to listening to each phone in detail.

Jan 11, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #73 of 87
Just found out I can definitely be there. I'm very excited as I have never heard a Sennheiser or high end Grado phone before. I wont be able to be out there until around 2ish, so hopefully it will still be going strong by then.

I'll be bringing:

DT880 (new version)
E4
Total Bithead
ALO bling bling (if it arrives in time)

Jan 11, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #74 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just found out I can definitely be there. I'm very excited as I have never heard a Sennheiser or high end Grado phone before. I wont be able to be out there until around 2ish, so hopefully it will still be going strong by then.

I'll be bringing:

DT880 (new version)
E4
Total Bithead
ALO bling bling (if it arrives in time)

You are my hero, I've been wanting to compare the DT880's to my HF-1's again ever since I compared them at the meet with Tyll's stuff. Also, I'd love to hook your bithead into my computer and hear it if you don't mind.

Jan 12, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #75 of 87
Here is a map of the Radnor High School first floor. There will be no one in the office to direct you to the faculty dining room!

I'm not sure if the side doors will be open so just use the main entrance. It's not that much farther from the room than the side doors.

Remember parking at the high school will be scarce, but there should be spots at the train station. If all else fails, there are spots at the nearby stores along Lancaster. I suggest that anyone coming in a car park temporarily, bring in their gear, and then find a parking spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back