Philadelphia area meet - January 13, 2007
Jan 2, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #46 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by daggerlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to disappoint but I don't think I'll be attending. Something came up and I'll have to be back to school a few days early. Sorry guys.

We will definitely miss you. Could you ship your CanAmp to the meet in your place?
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #47 of 87
Hi folks-

Just 10 days to the Philadelphia area meet! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Does anyone who is planning to attend have an HD-580? The low Amazon price has been tempting me ...

580smile.gif

Jan 5, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #50 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by nytryder7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, getting close! Sadly....no Tomahawk in hand yet. I was hoping to have a good burnin going. Now I'm just hoping to have it in time for the meet.

Oh, I meant to mention that I might be dragging my housemate along to the meet. He's got portable rig including the Tomahawk I got for him (kind of like a rent payment). If he does end up coming I'll try to have it burnt in for the meet, even if I have to steal it back and do it myself.
biggrin.gif

Edit: even if he doesn't come I'll probably borrow the Tomahawk.

As a side note, does anything need to be done before the meet? Do we need soda and chips or something? Maybe a tray of sushi? Are the tables going to magically set themselves up? If anyone as any ideas/thoughts, let me know.

Jan 5, 2007 at 12:06 PM Post #51 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit: even if he doesn't come I'll probably borrow the Tomahawk.

Excellent. I really want to try out the Tomahawk.

Quote:

As a side note, does anything need to be done before the meet? Do we need soda and chips or something? Maybe a tray of sushi? Are the tables going to magically set themselves up? If anyone as any ideas/thoughts, let me know.

I will check with mrdon some time in the next day or two and see what he needs done. mrdon, if you happen to read this, pm me your phone number and I'll give you a call.

Jan 5, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #52 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will check with mrdon some time in the next day or two and see what he needs done. mrdon, if you happen to read this, pm me your phone number and I'll give you a call.

Sounds good. Keep us posted.

Jan 5, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #53 of 87
Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen emergency, the Church of the Good Samaritan cannot be used to host the meet. I deeply regret the short notice as I just learned of the circumstances a few moments ago. I feel badly about this, but the situation is beyond my control. I don't know if another host site can be found with only a week to go, but I hope some alternative arrangements can be made.

Jan 6, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #54 of 87
Dear Philadelphia area meet Attendees:

I am very happy to be invited to the meet. We will give two pairs of free earphones to you guys. To get these gifts, you need to post under our sponsor thread and tell us why you are the most suitable person to own PK2 or VS-R02 earphones before 1PM, Jan12nd, 2007. We will choose the two most impressive guys and I will bring those free gift to the meet.

Thanks a lot.

Fang

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jan 6, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #56 of 87
Thanks for jumping on this. Let us know how you make out. If things do not work out with your church, we could probably use my band's rehearsal studio. It is a decent size, but it is located in the Norristown/Collegeville area, and is not really accessible by public transportation.

Jan 7, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #57 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon
could contact the Unitarian Universalist church near me.

Its address is:

816 South Valley Forge Road
Devon, PA. 19333-1825

It's about 12 min. from the Church of the Good Samaritan and is closer to Philadelphia.

I do not have confirmation yet but I am working on it right now.
I have sent in an application for a room and have emailed the person responsible for administering rooms. The room should be at least 25 by 25 feet.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon

Is the room large enough?
What start time and end time would be best?

I think 625 sq feet should be good. Maintaining the time at 11 am to 4 pm seems to make the most sense to me, but I think we'd probably be happy with whatever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
Thanks for jumping on this. Let us know how you make out. If things do not work out with your church, we could probably use my band's rehearsal studio. It is a decent size, but it is located in the Norristown/Collegeville area, and is not really accessible by public transportation.

Thanks as well. If these two options fall through there's a chance we could use the main hall at my step mother's church (about 10 minutes from the Willow Grove mall). It would be pretty large for our purposes but is also not quite accessible by public transportation. I'll scope it out, though Saturday is usually a big wedding day.

Jan 8, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #58 of 87
The Radnor train station is within walking distance from the high school but maybe too long to lug a bunch of gear. Some one should be able to ferry gear over in their car. Can some one ferry people and gear from the train station the the high school?

Jan 8, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #59 of 87
Front page updated with the new location.

Let's use the Wayne train station rather than St. Davids. Anyone who thinks they'll need a ride from the train station, please PM me and I will send you my cell phone number. On the morning of the meet, you can call me and let me know what train you're on and we'll arrange to have someone meet you at the train station.

Jan 8, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #60 of 87
If it is not too late, I would like to attend. I can also offer a ride from center city philadelphia.

Barry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back