Phiaton MS 400 vs ATH M-50
Feb 18, 2011 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wisher75

New Head-Fier
I need help. I can't pick between these two. I read one review it says go with M-50s. I read another and then I lean towards 400s. PLEASE help me figure this out. Looking for best sound quality of the two, comfort is also huge, bass is another factor (not muddy), and high volume distortion is probably the biggest thing. HELP ME!

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #2 of 9
Try this one out: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-67-portable-headphones-reviewed-beats-by-dre-solo-v-moda-crossfade-added-02-13

Unless you want "style over function" then get the MS400. But I believe the M50 is just a touch above the MS400, excluding the looks department.

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 9
Not so long ago I did a shootout against my M50s. I found it almost impossible to beat them. I bumped up to the 200, 300, 400, 500 dollar level to finally find a better unit (my tastes of course). The Sennheiser 600, 650, the Denon AH-D5000 and the Denon AHA-100s were my new favorites. So, in short, keep your M50s, until you try one of these. To my surprise, I was disappointed by the Phiaton MS400s. They lacked the range, smoothness, and soundstage of the M50s. My suggestion of course, but i hope it helps. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 9
Phiaton MS400 definitely has more bass than the M50, so that's a point for the Phiatons in that department. It's impossible to accuarately gauge bass quantity though. You can't quantify how much bass you need in words so the only way to really know is to try them out. For me, the  M50 bass was too weak, for you it might be perfect.

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 9
uh... ?

Quote:
I started using babyYour baby can read DVD your program can read with my son who has Down syndrome, when she was 8 months old. Read his first word (sign language) at 13 months and finished the book after about 16 months, 24 months, they completed the program. He is now 36 months and read simple books, suchThe tribe DVD as Mo Willems Elephant and Piggy series independently.We watched the DVD twice a day and read books 2-3 times per day, sign all the time - every day!Children with Down syndrome typicallythe Scrubs DVD learn to read the whole word, using the method by which the use of these books and DVDs. Reading has also been shown to increase the overall capacity of these children which is why I decided to try this method.I love my son feel bright and confident when reading Prison break DVDand speech and language skills are very good now. It took many, many uncertain hours to get here, wondering if something was happening, but I urge parents to give the The office DVDeader a try.We have just started to use mathematics Numicon now, here hoping that we will have the same success!

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #8 of 9
I would go with the ATH-M50. I love the MS400, but it sounds no better, maybe worse, and is more expensive and delicate. Really annoying rubberized cord too.

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #9 of 9
hmm, so imo the ms400 is very musical, very very musical. If you want to be impressed by vocals and the musicality of your music XD then get the MS400's. I you want to be wowed by sound get the fun sounding M50. Both have bass, the M50 bass is punchier though, and the M50 has more treble. So again the MS400 will give you goose bumps because you will feel your music, not literally, but like just feel the mood of your music, and with the M50 you will be blown away by the sound. Both are great headphones, honestly very different. Unfortunately I sold my MS400's, I kinda regret doing so, but still great headphones, and the M50's are more versatile, which I think is the reason I sold my MS400s. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back