Petition: I would like the old site back (or other choice)
May 10, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #94 of 431
The old site was horrible: cluttered, impossible to navigate, and ugly.

The new site is still too cluttered, but for Jude this is a money making business and who am I to criticize his business model. That said, it is MILES ahead of the old site for clarity and ease of use.

The old site was like one of those old endless Geocities pages but with less MIDI and animated gifs.

May 10, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #98 of 431
Jude probably already paid for the license to use the new forum software so I don't see him changing things anytime soon.

May 10, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #99 of 431
I REALLY just want the ads gone!! I'll PAY... I'll contribute... I'll give blood!!!!!

Right now I'm being blasted with TWO ads from "InterracialDating.com" and one from "Heartpool.com"

I guess the cookies think I'm lonely???

May 10, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #100 of 431
Im on here far less now. I find myself looking at stereophile.com  and audioreview.com more now, and Zune Forums.

No friends list anymore.

Signature cut off.

Washed out bright page is annoying.

Wheres the MOTs and companies on the side margin? I used to be able to just click Meier or TTVJ or HeadRoom etc.

Wheres the dark bold on contributer names so you can tell who contributes?

I dont like the mail section. I used to be able to save my mails in a click.

I forget the rest of my gripes. Some is refusal to change, but some are tools i miss that i used often.  Also i dont like all the relearning.
I dont see the contribute button anywhere.
When i first saw the title of this thread, i was going to post IBTL, but the thread is still here and growing, which surprises me. 

Also, i still get a 400 error on firefox. 

My profile is cut off. If a sentence is long, the right side gets cut off rather than continuing on the next line. 

I hate having to uncheck the subscribe box every time before i post. I dont know where it alerts you to subscriptions, but i hope i wont have to constantly delete emails daily, which is totally annoying. 

May 10, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #102 of 431

Quote:
Come on guys, what part of , "If you want to build your brand and monetize your site more effectively, Huddler is for you," are we having trouble with?

Head-fi was already heavily monetized when I joined and had an excellent SEO ranking. What exactly has changed, other than the software and the sponsorship side being managed by Huddler ?

May 10, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #103 of 431

Quote:
I REALLY just want the ads gone!! I'll PAY... I'll contribute... I'll give blood!!!!!

Right now I'm being blasted with TWO ads from "InterracialDating.com" and one from "Heartpool.com"

I guess the cookies think I'm lonely???

I'm using Firefox without  installing flash.  No ads.

May 10, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #104 of 431

Quote:
Head-fi was already heavily monetized when I joined and had an excellent SEO ranking. What exactly has changed, other than the software and the sponsorship side being managed by Huddler ?

To answer your question just ask yourself what's in it for  Huddler.  Why would Huddler want to take over the engineering and business end of the site? 

Then their website Huddler goes on to say:

"The Huddler Platform boasts a modern aesthetic, elegantly integrated wikis, product reviews, deep user profiling, and a lot more."

Personally I would rather not be profiled.  But hey, that's me.

Anyway, this is it, so let's get used to it.

USG

May 10, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #105 of 431
The ads here are so graphically intensive and take so long to load that my browser freezes every time I go to a new page.

This basically sucks.  I realize the people of this board should make some money out of it, but the user experience here has degenerated into a bloated multimedia advertising crapfest.

I don't know if the owners of this board are reading the posts in this thread.  Isn't there some other way to create a profitable online community without freezing up my browser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back