PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Sep 4, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #482 of 551
All the builders here stay pretty busy with requests. I don't even reach out I just get flooded with PMs. I'm routinely about a week late through Etsy/etc. and have to adhere to forum rules as well. Worst ever was a month and a half because a buyer had me source some insanely slow to ship connectors. My main job pays me very well yet I really enjoy doing this on the side. I've buried myself a little deep in orders before so I know how it goes.. however, communication is absolutely key to staying afloat and I'm sure PETEREK will bounce back messages as he can and catch things up.

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #483 of 551
Well, I got my 150$ back through PayPal claim. I had the claim opened for almost a month before escalating to PP. Paypal waited to get any response from him. Not a single response from the seller.
Too bad I cannot claim my TH-X00 PH (SN: 01419) and a slappa case from Brandon. It was a nice scam, never again I send my audio equipment for any mods.
For those still waiting, just remember you have 180 days to open a claim after you paid.

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #484 of 551
Oh... wow. That would be the point of no return. RIP.

Sep 13, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #485 of 551
Just want to confirm Brandon contacted me in the last 2 hours.

He says everyone will get their stuff, no headphones will disappear.

He has just hit a really overloaded time with his family/work and the headphones stuff. He will be back, and orders will be cleared... "Apologies to all for not replying recently."...he just needs to 'firewall' the messaging in order to focus what time he has on getting through the back-log. One question leads to another and another and its 50 new Q's in the inbox daily that way right now.

I can't be a go-between if any of you have burning questions, but I hope that gets some input into the thread.

could you please provide a details about conversation with Brandon? i start to really really worry from now on. it was 3~4 months since his last reply to me and i haven't got anything since

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #486 of 551
I know how you feel but i wouldnt take it to paypal I think thats too far.. Hes a good guy. and this is coming from someone who just shipped him $1000 worth of headphones and four cables equaling $600 to be modified and ordering 2 new cables on top. you think YOU have it bad :p

Edit* shipped at the beginning of summer

Sep 13, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #488 of 551
While I never sent Brandon anything to get modded I have asked him questions in the pass about how to do a mod and after doing some of them I think it takes a lot longer than one would think and I think he has under estimated the time required to do them.

Removeable cable mod for TH series would seem really simple but the first task is finding SMC jacks that fit, building HD800 cables is a pain and I've received jacks that were not to spec so I had to go back to the company to get jacks that were with the correct specs which took 2 months to sort out, and mini-XLR jacks on T1 or older DT series takes way longer than I'd have guessed since it detailed work that can't be rushed or you may make a mess of it.

Like @Voxata noted sometimes the schedule is messed up due to suppliers slow shipping, wrong item or out of stock so its necessary to find another source which may or may not have the exact item so now its up to the modder to find a new way to do the mod.

But at the same time I think that he should just send a quick reply that he's alive rather than go dead silent.

Sep 13, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #489 of 551
So it seems pretty clear that he currently holds many thousands of dollars worth of peoples' gear right now. I too sent him some headphones for a mod too many months ago with no further reply or follow up received. This is starting to feel just plain criminal in nature and I can't help but wonder if we should pursue it as such.

Sep 14, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #490 of 551
I know how you feel but i wouldnt take it to paypal I think thats too far.. Hes a good guy. and this is coming from someone who just shipped him $1000 worth of headphones and four cables equaling $600 to be modified and ordering 2 new cables on top. you think YOU have it bad :p

Edit* shipped at the beginning of summer
It's so funny how people get on here talking about how you should handle things and what's to far. What's to far is this guy taking people's money without any word of such. If you feel like giving away money and time that's your choice but don't tell me that's to far because I don't. I tell you what, send me a $1000 and I will make a promise to do a service and hold onto your money for months without a word, since that seems the way to do bussiness now a days

Sep 14, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #491 of 551
@DavidA I don't know... once I saw the numerous claims of high dollar headphones shipped with no refund, ETA, response or any communication after payment I can see how it would be so easy to assume game over. If you've got the time to transfer funds to your bank account you've got time to send at least one email. It would be safe to assume this would abruptly end if items were to be shipped back and refunds issued or a global response made here. There is just too much shade over it all. Best of luck to everyone involved.

Sep 14, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #492 of 551
Sharing opinions is the whole foundation of this forum (; and when you go with a boutique "artisinal" cable manufacturer..Long lead times should be expected. I am not telling you what you should or would not do, but that in my opinion, that is the way i think. but i also undersatnd that if we are expected to have free discourse about our own individual opinions on here, then someone out there is going to get riled up. i was just trying to say i understand your situation to make you feel a bit less alone in your suffering, but obviously you took that the wrong way.

Sep 14, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #493 of 551
I read the forums and i knew that he had a tendency to go radio silent once in a while and i still made the educated decision to pay for his services anyway. I didnt expect him to but i knew it was a possibility. I even waited to make sure some of his previous life things were out of the way before i ordered. I dont know if you did the same, but if you didnt it might be wise to do so next time? and not everyone can provide 2day shipping.

Oct 22, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #495 of 551
I've been wondering what has been going on with Brandon lately too. I haven't heard from him at all, and in the past when I dealt with him he was very good with communications and accurate with lead times. However, I think what a lot of users here are saying is accurate though. There has been zero communication from him for quite some time, and he still has possession of a lot of users gear, and if he doesn't have possession of their gear, he has possession of their money for which no services or items were ever exchanged. Something isn't right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back