PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Aug 3, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #451 of 551
As far as I am aware Brandon has not or is not retiring.
We all just need to show the lad some patience.
This is one reason why I decided not to start selling cables the regular way.
I would get way too snowed under way too fast.
I've been guilty of hounding Brandon a bit too much myself for which I have apologised.
His cables are well worth the wait folks, You won't be disappointed.

Aug 3, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #452 of 551
I am in the same boat as well, was told 4-6 weeks by him and sent payment in may along with a $100 audeze cable to modify. Have not heard from him since,has not responded to any attempts to work this out. At this point looks like my money is gone alone with my cable. Gives custom work a bad name.

Aug 3, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #453 of 551
I am in the same boat as well, was told 4-6 weeks by him and sent payment in may along with a $100 audeze cable to modify. Have not heard from him since,has not responded to any attempts to work this out. At this point looks like my money is gone alone with my cable. Gives custom work a bad name.

i haven't heard from @PETEREK for more then two months ;/ i am waiting for big ass list of the custom cables/modifications to be done ;/

more then two months ago it was supposed to be shipped within a two weeks but i haven't heard from @PETEREK since ;/

@All is there any other way to contact @PETEREK ?

Aug 3, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #454 of 551
I hope you guys can make contact with him and work it out.

Aug 3, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #455 of 551
i haven't heard from @PETEREK for more then two months ;/ i am waiting for big ass list of the custom cables/modifications to be done ;/

more then two months ago it was supposed to be shipped within a two weeks but i haven't heard from @PETEREK since ;/

@All is there any other way to contact @PETEREK ?

I'm in the same boat, haven't hear from him since I shipped my headphones a couple of months ago

Aug 3, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #456 of 551
Same here. Shipped my headphones 2 months ago. Last communication was through Etsy two weeks ago. Supposed to be shipped that week. Still, no headphones, tracking or any update. The user Peterek is no longer exits on Etsy too. I feel I got scammed for the headphones at this point. Should be able to get my mod money back from PayPal but not the headphones :frowning2:

Aug 6, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #457 of 551
Peterek had a pair of my IEMs for a rewire, as noted above responses were slow to non-existant, however Peterek did eventually respond and replaced the IEMs as he couldn't rewire them after breaking the shells. I'm still a fan of his work, and I do believe he will work towards rectifying any situation, there's no way I believe he's ripping people off, just think he's in way over his head at the moment.

Aug 6, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #458 of 551
I haven't heard from Brandon in a long long time either, it is weird to see his profile and storefront gone just like that. Hopefully he can set something up so that everyone who still has "open" orders with him can contact him and get things resolved. He's had my pair of AKG K701 doing some heavy modding to them for quite some time, but if I lose them I'm only out $150 or so. The last update I got the mods looked great though so I hope he can finish them up and get them to me. Either way, I doubt he has just gone full-dark. I will wait a bit longer to see if we hear anything from him.

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #459 of 551
If I can weigh in for everyone that's waiting on Peterek for current projects, this isn't the first time he's kind of fallen off the radar. He'll once in a while take his Etsy page down so that he doesn't get any new project requests that he can't commit to. He helped me do a Lawton-cup and removable cable mod last year for my Fostex TH-X00s. There was a point where he actually forgot about it after he received it in the mail for me, apologized and fast-tracked it in his queue to make up for it.

It may not be much solace, but all I can say is continue to have some patience and he'll eventually get back to you guys. IIRC, he not only has a family (the previous time he scaled down this modding side-job he had a newborn. And he's also got his main job (I don't remember if I ever knew what it was) to worry about.

From my personal experience, it was well worth the wait in the end, and I kept patient by spending quality time with the other headphones in my collection, and perhaps that's something ya'll can try. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised when he resurfaces.

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #460 of 551
It's funny how people keep saying be patient, first if you can't keep up with the work you are promising don't take my money and stop taking more orders Instead put me in que with maybe a deposit and tell me it will be awhile for the work to be done. Then you take equipment of mine so now I'm down another piece of equipment and for what? Because you don't know how to manage you time? No thanks, so now it up to PayPal to refund my money and hopefully I can get my cable back or otherwise I'm out of more money to replace a cable that he has of mine. So I don't care how good his work is because everything else about him sucks. I wish I would have known about his habits before hand as I surely would have skip right by him, for anyone else save your self a headache and find someone else. Smarter in the long run

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #461 of 551
This thread has been running for almost 3 years, it has detailed Brandon's work for good and bad.
It comes up either at the top or damn near close to it when using Google to search for Peterek.

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #463 of 551
Just want to confirm Brandon contacted me in the last 2 hours.

He says everyone will get their stuff, no headphones will disappear.

He has just hit a really overloaded time with his family/work and the headphones stuff. He will be back, and orders will be cleared... "Apologies to all for not replying recently."...he just needs to 'firewall' the messaging in order to focus what time he has on getting through the back-log. One question leads to another and another and its 50 new Q's in the inbox daily that way right now.

I can't be a go-between if any of you have burning questions, but I hope that gets some input into the thread.

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #464 of 551
Just want to confirm Brandon contacted me in the last 2 hours.

He says everyone will get their stuff, no headphones will disappear.

He has just hit a really overloaded time with his family/work and the headphones stuff. He will be back, and orders will be cleared... "Apologies to all for not replying recently."...he just needs to 'firewall' the messaging in order to focus what time he has on getting through the back-log. One question leads to another and another and its 50 new Q's in the inbox daily that way right now.

I can't be a go-between if any of you have burning questions, but I hope that gets some input into the thread.

Great to hear. As I alluded to in my previous post, I knew he'd resurface eventually from prior experience commissioning him. He's not the type of person that would take people's stuff, money and run. That being said, he could definitely could make some optimizations to his channels of communication to save time and not get bogged down with endless discussions. Perhaps FAQs to avoid having to answer certain questions over and over. Though I don't know how well that would work given that every client's requests are so custom and personalized in nature.

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #465 of 551
Just a little to late for me, still doesn't make sense to me to keep taking bussiness when you know you can't keep up with the orders. I guess it's just easier to take people's money than deliver the product. At least I got refunded my money from PayPal. Now let's see if he returns my cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back