Perun electrostatic headphone impressions
Apr 8, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #226 of 440
I'm hearing great results by including my Woo WA2 as the pre to my Stax 353X. The tubes are Tung Sol 5998 Amperex 6922 gold pins and Mullard EZ80. Only downside is I have to use the balance correction on the Stax for about an hour. The WA2 setup has warmed the sound very much and no sounds awesome. Rock is up there with my 1266 TC and Solitaire P. Rock won't be dethroning those two planars yet but it could. I'm to guess there are two different drivers in each cup? I modified the fit with a looser seal at the bottom to increase low frequencies to be get some boom. Rock sounds more alive without sounding bright. I'll hear some dryness then some liquid depending on recording and both ways sound great. They never sound boring so dynamics and musicality is there. I don't think that the Stax Mafia could ever except anything else but what's their name and that just bias, because 1266 TC kills that brand, it is named the best headphone ever and the Rock is got the balls. SR009s sounded great but was way too bright not in a harsh way and did someone put a high pass filter on it because it has no bass. The SR007 mk2 had more too it as natural but still lost in bass as it couldn't keep up with my planars. My only bias and I'll admit it that the 1266 and Solitaire are planar and that's been my favorite tech, but the more I listen to Rock the more it sucks me in. So if I never put these above the other two it's just my bias or not.

If anyone is curious the two amps cost me $1600 the tubes where $1300 If I didn't sell the my BHSE I'd have a comparison to give the WA2 doesn't have pre anymore it's been re-engineered to sound better with the added room. Though you can make a great sounding amp section by getting a tube amp with pre connected to an energizer.

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #227 of 440
Why is there no info on website?

Apr 13, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #229 of 440
Apr 13, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #230 of 440
They must promote somewhere else. Most likely they focus on Russia. So find Russian website.

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #231 of 440
Hey all, I'm considering purchasing the rock version. I was wondering if anyone could comment if these sound similar to any well-known dynamic or planar headphones? I'm trying to get a feel for what these sound like... because I've had a hit-or-miss relationship with electrostats in the past.

For reference, the electrostat headphones I've had are the stax lambda pro signature (which I liked, but had to EQ out some treble and EQ in some bass), and the SR-007 mk1 (which I didn't like at all).

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #232 of 440
Hey all, I'm considering purchasing the rock version. I was wondering if anyone could comment if these sound similar to any well-known dynamic or planar headphones? I'm trying to get a feel for what these sound like... because I've had a hit-or-miss relationship with electrostats in the past.

For reference, the electrostat headphones I've had are the stax lambda pro signature (which I liked, but had to EQ out some treble and EQ in some bass), and the SR-007 mk1 (which I didn't like at all).
Have you ever heard 1266 TC? The Rock is crazy holographic with bass of a planar. It's not fatiguing but airy with amazing presence in vocals no estat I've owned had the qualities of this headphone. 009s fails at bass and sounds like it's over doing the treble and detail to sound good. The Rock hits you with a 3d dimensional wall of sound. I got mine with upgraded cable. You work out your options through email with Arthur.

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #233 of 440
Have you ever heard 1266 TC? The Rock is crazy holographic with bass of a planar. It's not fatiguing but airy with amazing presence in vocals no estat I've owned had the qualities of this headphone. 009s fails at bass and sounds like it's over doing the treble and detail to sound good. The Rock hits you with a 3d dimensional wall of sound. I got mine with upgraded cable. You work out your options through email with Arthur.

I haven't heard the 1266 TC... but based on what I've read about it, I'm pretty sure I'd like it. I see you have the SR-007 mk2 listed in your profile. I don't know how the mk2's compare to the mk1's, but I didn't like the 007 mk1 at all. Do the Perun rock sound anything like the 007 mk2s?

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #234 of 440
No they don’t sound like any Stax headphone. It’s a bigger sound like Stax are bookshelves and Rock is a Tower. Only negative is it’s big so they look funny but you can barely tell you are wearing anything. They way 352 grams roughly.

May 4, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #235 of 440
The shipment outcome has not been particularly encouraging in my case: 92 days in transit, and the post office says the tracking numbers will likely expire after 120 days.

Curiously, although Alexander and Arthur were consistently responsive and attentive, and agreed a month ago to provide a refund after 90 days of non-delivery, and before the 180-day PayPal buyer protection runs out (in fact, they began the refund a couple of days early), the refund turned out to be partial: I paid $2768 USD on December 17th, 2020, and received a refund from another of their friend's PayPal account to the total amount of... $2418.44 USD. Inquires regarding the balance paid (for the upgrade cables and shipping) were met with silence. There was some unspecified issue with their original PayPal account, which was used to receive payment for the two headphones, so there was no straight up PayPal refund.

All said, counting exchange rate costs (from USD-CAD and back) and the additional $42 USD cost of the upgraded EMT shipping... I'm out $790 CAD, with perhaps a slim chance of the headphones arriving some day.

Attachments

• 92days.PNG
    92days.PNG
    120.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #236 of 440
That sucks, thanks for sharing. Hope it will work out.

May 4, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #237 of 440
That does suck, but maybe this will help. I recently ordered something from Russia and it took over 50 days to arrive, with no update for a month until it just appeared in NJ one day, and it just got here yesterday. I also was using Aftership to track, and it didn’t show any progress outside of Russia. However, when I used this service https://t.17track.net/en#nums it showed tracking through Germany, so it might give you a better picture? Once it left Europe, though, it didn’t help all that much but it made me feel better that it wasn’t stuck in Russia.

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #238 of 440
That does suck, but maybe this will help. I recently ordered something from Russia and it took over 50 days to arrive, with no update for a month until it just appeared in NJ one day, and it just got here yesterday. I also was using Aftership to track, and it didn’t show any progress outside of Russia. However, when I used this service https://t.17track.net/en#nums it showed tracking through Germany, so it might give you a better picture? Once it left Europe, though, it didn’t help all that much but it made me feel better that it wasn’t stuck in Russia.
Thank you for the excellent suggestion; in my case, the package doesn't seem to have left Russia, and the tracking number is indicated as expired, as pictured. 92 days is a rather long time.

Attachments

• 17track.PNG
    17track.PNG
    126.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 17track2.PNG
    17track2.PNG
    36.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #239 of 440
I received a nice reply from Arthur just now:

Good day!

Sorry for delayed answer — I was at holidays outside city.

As funds was returned from another account, ‘clever’ PayPal do not refund his fees — from conversion from CAD to USD and USD to RUB and our ‘incoming’ transaction.

We are very sorry for this stupid situation.

We are still hope what our package still in transit. Our friendly guys from russian audioforums tell us what packages shiped to Canada in 2020-2021 years were delivered for 4 month or may be more (sic!!!) If we do not recieve new updated info within some time we will refund full fees (including double conversion PayPal fees!) to you additionally!

Kind Regards.

Arthur

Users who are viewing this thread

Back