1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220908_145627.jpg
    20220908_145627.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #332 of 440
2 weeks and DHL took over my shipping. Came in a plastic container

Supervlight like beats. They look heavy

Always two but new ones have 2 bass drivers. I have the pic but was not allowed to share it. So slender long rectangle shape high drive and next to it big bass driver
Nice. I got the email that they sent mine two weeks ago today.

Sep 8, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #333 of 440
I purchased a Woo Wee which is a converter. My amp has 7 watts only but is a big heavy 300B tube amp I got cheap from China of Amazon. It handles my towers just as good as high wattage amps I’ve used. So if it works like I want I should get the 300b tube sound on my Rock for cheap. I’ll post a setup pic tomorrow.

I doubt they was scratched originally...It is 'big thanks' to Customs examination.

Yesterday I dived into vinyl (facepalm) 1st time with Perun headphones...Later it was unsleepy night))))
I now it happened in shipping. There’s no history of DHL showing customs. The post that Arthur(think Arthur) used didn’t tell a story either. Perun made it easy by removing tape around my plastic container. Container is very useful for storing stuff. Lol 😝
Did anyone else get the same container. I just realized DHL did the damage as there was no box and no labels on the container. This means box gone and DHL put it into their own bag.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    794.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 12, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #334 of 440
Breaking them on the Woo Wee and Boyuurange A50 mk3. Sound is perfect but the amp has that noise due to tubes. I’d actually like to hear linear tube sound but 300b is one of my favorites. For the total price well worth it.

For right side is louder so using windows to even out the Rock.

Set of drivers in the amp I removed they caused hum and put in my 7n7.
43010AA5-BD9B-4D86-ACC4-DBC333E52570.jpeg

Sep 16, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #335 of 440
So just like my first Rock with the quad drivers this one needs a break in period to get the drivers moving. Possibly they are very tight and sound off. It took a number of hours with a rest in the middle. First day listened and was like okay not what I remembered(2 hours). The 2nd day I let them sit and charge for 45 minutes no music. I followed up with music and just let them play while I watched Cobra Kai. After some hours I put them on and the awesomeness was back. I skipped the 3rd day and today after 15 minutes of warm up they are perfect.

I adjusted the fit of the metal bands to get a comfortable tightness around my face. If the fit is too loose, bass and lower midrange warmth will suffer.

Now using the Woo Audio WEE while not perfect allows me to listen to different types of speaker amps from tubes to solid states.

Sep 16, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #337 of 440
No not yet. Also need to see that it's not the wee

Sep 16, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #338 of 440
No not yet. Also need to see that it's not the wee
You need 'classic' electrostatic amp, converters are highly 'not recommended' at all. I used Stax T1W with my pair and all was perfect with balance and volume knob was at 13:00 o'clock max. As I can figure - Perun headphones are very sencentive to bias voltage regarding to their large membranes size. 580v (600v max) and not any more. If bias is higher (like at most D.I.Y. amps etc.) than you will recieve artefacts (distortions, pops, imbalances etc.). And most of all: 580v-600v bias and lower will not touch Perun sensitivity and feedback - they are very easy to drive. For now I'm using KGST D.I.Y. amp and my volume knob at 11:00 o'clock max.

Sep 17, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #339 of 440
You need 'classic' electrostatic amp, converters are highly 'not recommended' at all. I used Stax T1W with my pair and all was perfect with balance and volume knob was at 13:00 o'clock max. As I can figure - Perun headphones are very sencentive to bias voltage regarding to their large membranes size. 580v (600v max) and not any more. If bias is higher (like at most D.I.Y. amps etc.) than you will recieve artefacts (distortions, pops, imbalances etc.). And most of all: 580v-600v bias and lower will not touch Perun sensitivity and feedback - they are very easy to drive. For now I'm using KGST D.I.Y. amp and my volume knob at 11:00 o'clock max.
Yeah I wish for BHSE which I use to own one. I need to see how much I can put into this estat as it’s my only one and the only one I like. Every other estat was just boring in the low end. Stax amp had same channel imbalance and I’ve grown use to this to the imbalance. It could be a million factors but important enough to find when I just lower the volume on my right driver and all sounds normal.

Sep 17, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #341 of 440
Sep 17, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #342 of 440
The Rock is like listening to planar bass with estat mids and highs. The 009 was fun for 10 minutes and 007 was good for a week. Perun figured out the bass issue then might be time other over experienced companies get onboard. With the Wee no pops or sounds I only need attenuator off the amp. I get 8 on volume and that's safe hearing volume.

Sep 18, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #343 of 440
The Rock is like listening to planar bass with estat mids and highs. The 009 was fun for 10 minutes and 007 was good for a week. Perun figured out the bass issue then might be time other over experienced companies get onboard. With the Wee no pops or sounds I only need attenuator off the amp. I get 8 on volume and that's safe hearing volume.

Have you heard the X9k? how would you compare them? (regardless of price, just tonality etc)

Sep 19, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #344 of 440
Have you heard the X9k? how would you compare them? (regardless of price, just tonality etc)
I have not heard X9k, but my 009s, 007 mk2 and Voce where all used on BHSE and they where amazing except for low end.

I'm all about ethereal, warmth and sweetness with holographic stage, which is why love the 300B's tubes. Detail is important but the latter keeps me hooked.

I swear I'm listening to one of the best planar headphones for less.

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #345 of 440
I have not heard X9k, but my 009s, 007 mk2 and Voce where all used on BHSE and they where amazing except for low end.

I'm all about ethereal, warmth and sweetness with holographic stage, which is why love the 300B's tubes. Detail is important but the latter keeps me hooked.

I swear I'm listening to one of the best planar headphones for less.

Very intriguing. The X9k has a very good bass (very different than the 009) which was the reason for my curiosity.

I may look at the Perun regardless as I’m curious now. The website isn’t very well done..:wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back