Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Jan 4, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #977 of 1,454
Can I check also that they have a 5 year warranty?
Here you go.

If you're not quite sure which IEM of ours you should get, check our our Selectatron. Twelve of us ranked each model from first to fourth place, for each of the 12 different genres listed. Then we averaged the rankings for each model, and built the Selectatron. Choose three genres, and you'll get a recommendation (with scores for each model) of what you should consider.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #978 of 1,454
Here you go.

If you're not quite sure which IEM of ours you should get, check our our Selectatron. Twelve of us ranked each model from first to fourth place, for each of the 12 different genres listed. Then we averaged the rankings for each model, and built the Selectatron. Choose three genres, and you'll get a recommendation (with scores for each model) of what you should consider.

That tool looks fun. Haven't seen anything like it before :darthsmile:

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #979 of 1,454
That tool looks fun. Haven't seen anything like it before :darthsmile:
We updated everything on the new website. And we thought a tool like that would be handy for folks, so up it went! Would love to hear from others if they think our recommendations are correct!

Jan 8, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #980 of 1,454
That tool is very handy, its mg or Be for me. Think I may order today

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #981 of 1,454
I hate to bring it up in this thread in fears of giving the wrong impression of these IEMS but I just received the Be's (VERY fast shipping mind you, thanks Dan!) but I had a question. I know that alot of people here believe in the burn in process in opening up the earphone drivers but my first impression of these earphones is that they sound a little muffled, boomy and unrefined... Is this how they are supposed to sound or will driver burn in help develop the sound signature?

Jan 20, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #982 of 1,454
I hate to bring it up in this thread in fears of giving the wrong impression of these IEMS but I just received the Be's (VERY fast shipping mind you, thanks Dan!) but I had a question. I know that alot of people here believe in the burn in process in opening up the earphone drivers but my first impression of these earphones is that they sound a little muffled, boomy and unrefined... Is this how they are supposed to sound or will driver burn in help develop the sound signature?
Which earbuds are you using? Try a different tip; typically when you get a muffled sound, it means the front of the tip is collapsed, either from being too large, too long/soft, or both.

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #983 of 1,454
Which earbuds are you using? Try a different tip; typically when you get a muffled sound, it means the front of the tip is collapsed, either from being too large, too long/soft, or both.

I am using the default medium sized ear flanges that came pre-installed onto the earphones. I tried the smaller size but they didn't create a good seal with them. I also tried the dual flanged earbuds but I could get them to fit properly and I wanted to try the memory foam but for the life of me I just couldn't fit them onto the earphones so i gave up lol.

EDIT: Again I don't want to be prematurely pessimistic but I've read such raving reviews even to the extent of the Be's being called "holographic" and "life-like" in there imaging yet to be candid I'm having a hard time reconciling these sentiments. Perhaps I just need more time for the burn in process or even more-so I should not compare them to similarly priced full sized headphones like my pair of Philips Fidelio X2's... Thanks for the immediate response Dan, and sorry if I sound a bit ungrateful toward what these IEM's do offer.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #984 of 1,454
Hi @DanWiggins,

Like the selection tool the Periodic Audio website has now, works well.

Hopefully one day I can get the BE but the exchange rate unfortunately doesn't make it fun, oh well, hopefully one day.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #985 of 1,454
Hi guys, wishing for a little more isolation on my Be's. I'm on the tube a lot and don't like listening to music very loud. Tried the original foams, JVC spiral dots, whirlwind tips, mee audio triple flange, and symbios. I'd be a very happy man if you could get this doing signature in custom form.

Jan 28, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #986 of 1,454
Hi guys, wishing for a little more isolation on my Be's. I'm on the tube a lot and don't like listening to music very loud. Tried the original foams, JVC spiral dots, whirlwind tips, mee audio triple flange, and symbios. I'd be a very happy man if you could get this doing signature in custom form.
Snugs work well ahd it's been confirmed by forum members here that they work with the Periodic products. Custom tips for universal IEMs - probably the best way to go, as the costs of changing the tip (which needs to be done every few years - your ears continue to grow and change shape) is a lot less than rebuilding the entire IEM.

Jan 29, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #987 of 1,454
Snugs do provide better isolation than the other silicone tips I've tried. In my experience Comply foams provide still better isolation — but I have hard-to-fit ears and there isn't a Periodic-compatible Comply that quite works for me. So I got Snugs.

If Periodics aren't yet listed on the Snugs site, you can order for the SoundMagic E10. Last year at CanJam I was asking Snugs' founder Paul about Periodics, and he looked at it and snapped on a Snug built for the E10 and we confirmed it was an exact fit. So mine are built for the E10.

As for the sound, though, I'm disappointed. Through the Snugs, my IEMs don't have that Periodic specialness any more. I'm not going to try to describe it in terms of the highs, lows, stage, etc. — it's just disappointingly blah compared to my other well-fitting tips.

Why? Well since years ago when I bought custom Etymotic tips in a range of materials from the same maker using the same ear impressions, I've found I sonically dislike soft, pliable silicone and strongly prefer relatively stiff, rigid silicone. I suspect that sound waves along a soft passageway lose energy to the surrounding material, which then gives it back in a more diffuse and not phase-coherent way; but I'm just conjecturing.

Anyway, the current Snugs design is built from silicone that's nice and soft and stretchy. So on a materials basis maybe I shouldn't have bought, but I was eager to have custom for my Periodics, so I went with it. Also, sound travels through a bore of a few mm between the IEM and the Snugs' opening into the ear, and that opening is surprisingly small - not nearly what it is with universal tips. So with that constriction there's another opportunity for the sound to have some extra interaction with the soft material.

Again, I'm only conjecturing about the reasons I don't really like the Snugs on my Periodics. But there is it, anyway: in my case I can have the Periodic sound I like with less-isolating tips, or I can have the custom fit and better isolation of the Snugs, but unfortunately I didn't get both. Your mileage may vary, of course, and as for the Snugs people themselves they are absolutely great (I've bought from them before but they were using a different design and material then).

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #989 of 1,454
Feb 8, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #990 of 1,454
Hi guys,
I just would like to share my humble opinion and advises to get the best from this IEM, if someone cannot get what they have been expected. It was discussed before, but maybe it will be helpful for somebody. I can say I do really like my Be, they sound so... natural and ADDICTIVE, and I'm selling my 6 BA custom IEM now))), so:
1) I use simple single flange silicone tips of unknown origin (I got them from previous owner together with Be). But the most important they have really WIDE bore (probably even just a little bit wider than nozzle itself). I think the tips with wide bore can open up sound more than with narrow.
2) If bass is overwhelming for someone you can just follow Dan advise and close rear vent with tape. It makes bass tighter and little bit less emphasized.
3) When put them in i just insert deep inside and then slightly pull back, almost to the point when I lose seal. It makes the sound more open and improves clarity.
And of course YMMV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back