Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Apr 3, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #1,006 of 1,454
I have my Be. Initial impressions are here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iem...ultimate-solution.885104/page-6#post-14873154

On top of all that the Be really makes everything sound better, especially less than stellar recordings. Having headphones that magnifying flaws are never going to fly for metal which is my primary music preference. Compression and crappy low budget production can sound like utter crap on lots of gear. Not the Be. They just color everything fantastic.

Apr 23, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #1,012 of 1,454
Are the hydrogen tips the ones that come with the Be?
Yep! We include one pair of each combination. Once you find what you like - size and style - you can re-order a year's worth at a time.

We recommend changing out tips every 3 months, since the oleic acid in your earwax will react with silicone (even medical grade, like we use) and make it harden, and it will break down memory foams. So we package 8 buds per Hydrogen set, which gives you 4 pairs - enough to change out for a full year.

Apr 30, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #1,013 of 1,454
May 1, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #1,014 of 1,454
Building them now, we have final packaging arriving late next week, so - 10 days from now? The "hard launch" will be at CanJam at Irvine. We'll have all kinds of goodies available!

May 2, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #1,015 of 1,454
Building them now, we have final packaging arriving late next week, so - 10 days from now? The "hard launch" will be at CanJam at Irvine. We'll have all kinds of goodies available!
tumblr_oje0yoyT4p1sg9gi2o1_500.gif

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #1,016 of 1,454
I made a short video about the Nicklel Amplifier from Periodic Audio. This one is one heck of a powerful Amplifier for its extremely diminutive size. I am also working on a full written review, so don't worry, you'll also get a more in-depth article, but for now, let's have some fun!

May 10, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #1,017 of 1,454
Great video! Thank you...:) Just a point of clarification, the enclosure is injection molded polycarbonate. The wrap (top, bottom, front) is an extremely complex tool as it has collapsing sliders on the two large inside surfaces, a slider on the outside for the indicator/logo, and sliders for the holes, Designing the tools for molding took a LOT of time and effort, not just because of the number of actions but the small size making cooling tunnels a real challenge (because of the thickness of the walls, from 2.5 to 5mm thick). It's a little brick!

:)

May 10, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #1,018 of 1,454
They are turning out nice, too - VERY well balanced from left to right. This is pretty typical of what we're seeing, channel balance within 1 dB over the ENTIRE audio range...

CarbonChannelMatch.jpg

Attachments

• 20190509_100118.jpg
    20190509_100118.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #1,019 of 1,454
Great video! Thank you...:) Just a point of clarification, the enclosure is injection molded polycarbonate. The wrap (top, bottom, front) is an extremely complex tool as it has collapsing sliders on the two large inside surfaces, a slider on the outside for the indicator/logo, and sliders for the holes, Designing the tools for molding took a LOT of time and effort, not just because of the number of actions but the small size making cooling tunnels a real challenge (because of the thickness of the walls, from 2.5 to 5mm thick). It's a little brick!

:)

Thank you!

I had no idea the production was so complex :)

Noted

It feels oddly balanced as well :)

They are turning out nice, too - VERY well balanced from left to right. This is pretty typical of what we're seeing, channel balance within 1 dB over the ENTIRE audio range...

That's nice, I'm really eager to hear that one as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back