Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Dec 5, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #961 of 1,454
Can someone tell me what the correct part number is for SpinFit tips that will fit the BE? I took a guess on the CP100, and the guide tube wasn't even remotely large enough to fit over the BE's giant nozzle.

SpinFit's Guide Tube Sizing:
CP100: 3.8mm
CP100Z: 4.0mm
CP145: 4.5mm
CP155: 5.5mm

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #962 of 1,454
They seem to be much more expensive than US prices i.e. the Ti is USD 199, which equates to GBP 156 @ todays spot rate. Understand you have to include a markup for shipping, profit et al, but thats a 21% markup on US prices?

Dec 5, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #963 of 1,454
We have the whole Periodic range in stock in the UK, we also have demo models in our demo room on the south coast.

As I have said previously, I really enjoy the Periodic range and love the ethos behind the brand :D
Welcome aboard! :)

Dec 5, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #964 of 1,454
They seem to be much more expensive than US prices i.e. the Ti is USD 199, which equates to GBP 156 @ todays spot rate. Understand you have to include a markup for shipping, profit et al, but thats a 21% markup on US prices?
I believe your UK VAT is about 20%, and there are duties as well, so...

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #969 of 1,454
With a little help from Oscar-HiFi, I can confirm that the SpinFit CP155 fits the BE perfectly! It's a very welcome upgrade in all facets. (comfort, fit, seal, performance, price)

I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this, but my sole reason for swapping out the factory tips in the first place was because I grew an allergy to the material used in the factory tips. I've used IEM's at my desk at work for well over a decade and never run into this issue before. I never once used the BE's for anything besides sitting at my desk, so it wasn't caused by sweat or them bouncing around from jogging, etc. After 3 months of use my ear canals were getting rather itchy after a day's use, by 6 months they were extremely itchy after more than 2 hours of use, by 9 months I couldn't stand more than 30 minutes without them getting itchy and inflamed, and by a year I couldn't go more than a few minutes without symptoms. To the naked eye, the tips still look new, but I suspect that the acidic nature of my ear wax may have broken down the tip enough that it began leaching some type of chemical that upset my ear canals. Once I installed the SpinFit CT155 tips, I had INSTANT RELIEF, and all has been good. I own a pair of Klipsch X11 IEM's that have had the exact same factory tips since day one, and after 6+ years of use (including grass cutting), they're just as comfortable as the day I got them, so not all tips are considered equal.

After a year of use, I'm still extremely pleased with the sound reproduction of these IEM's, but between the issue with the tips and the gold metal backing plate randomly falling off one of the IEM's, I'm questioning the build quality and materials a bit. That said, with a little super glue and $10 worth of tips, I'm happily back in business. Hopefully I've ironed out the kinks with these for the foreseeable future.

Can someone tell me what the correct part number is for SpinFit tips that will fit the BE? I took a guess on the CP100, and the guide tube wasn't even remotely large enough to fit over the BE's giant nozzle.

SpinFit's Guide Tube Sizing:
CP100: 3.8mm
CP100Z: 4.0mm
CP145: 4.5mm
CP155: 5.5mm

Dec 13, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #972 of 1,454
We can ship typically the same day as your order, and it'll take 7-10 days to arrive. However, we do have a UK dealer (hifiheadphones.co.uk) who has units in stock right now...:)

Dan

Jan 4, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #973 of 1,454
Would these suit a person who wants iems to wear for hours every day listening to black/death metal, jazz, classical and hip hop?

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #974 of 1,454
Jan 4, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #975 of 1,454
Can I check also that they have a 5 year warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back