Perfect Sound Dido D901 Mini-Tour | reviews, discussion, impressions, musings, etc.
May 16, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #211 of 244
Awesome!!
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #215 of 244
I'm putting the finishing touches on my review, but the XS review needs to go up first, so it might not be up until this weekend.

May 28, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #216 of 244
Ok, so first impressions:
A new box is definitely needed. Beat up as hell.
Headphones are beautiful. Love the look and attention to detail on the design.
They smell like smoke though, and I really wish that the pads and headband was removable as it makes me cringe a little every time I wear them as I am not a smoker and hate the smell, tbh.

Sound:
Bass: Very boomy. I haven't decided if this is a good or bad thing yet.
Mids: recessed.
Highs: They seem to be missing that spark. Female vocals just seem to be missing that something that makes me love listening to female a capella.

I am listening to these straight out of my laptop and maybe they need something better to be driven properly but so far I'm not impressed.

Comfort:
They're ok. They're very warm though. Been wearing them for roughly an hour and I could not see myself going much longer without taking them off. The pads are slightly too small for me to call them over ear but they're definitely not on ear. The feel of the leather and just about perfect amount of padding makes up for it though.

A full review will probably come in the next few days with a comparison to my other headphones.

Cheers,
PXSS

May 28, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #217 of 244
  They smell like smoke though, and I really wish that the pads and headband was removable as it makes me cringe a little every time I wear them as I am not a smoker and hate the smell, tbh.

Ugh!
We definitely need to report this as it happens people. First person that smells smoke reports it. As a courtesy, if anyone is going to sign up for demos, please be mindful of the rest of the people (and gear owner!).

Thanks for reporting PXSS.
Let it air out a bit I guess and maybe use a damped towel around the earpads/headband, etc. Let us know how it compares to your gear as well! :)

Thanks.

May 28, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #218 of 244
  I'm putting the finishing touches on my review, but the XS review needs to go up first, so it might not be up until this weekend.

Excellent!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks.

May 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #219 of 244
In my experience, when I got stuff that smelled like smoke, I wiped it with one part vinegar one part water then put it in a box with coffee grounds in it.

May 28, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #220 of 244
  In my experience, when I got stuff that smelled like smoke, I wiped it with one part vinegar one part water then put it in a box with coffee grounds in it.

Good advice, I'm not a smoker so not sure where teh smell would come from. And I had the headphones out of the box for all of 2-3 days if that :/ 

Jun 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #221 of 244
Hey fellas.
Bad news, I had a family emergency (uncle passed away) and had to travel out of the US last Saturday. I am heading back tomorrow but as you can expect have had very little time with the headphones and no time to do a head to head comparison. I will try to get a review written down tomorrow and maybe a head to head comparison if I have the time to do one. If there is any specific headphone you would like me to compare, let me know and I will do my best to get a solid listening and comparison session in tomorrow night.

Otherwise, these should be off Monday.

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #222 of 244
http://headfonics.com/2014/06/the-dido-d901-by-perfect-sound/

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #223 of 244
Jun 8, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #224 of 244
Heh, I didn't...

Jun 8, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #225 of 244
Heh, I didn't...

Yeah, I was disappointed with the fit, the pads and the overbearing bass.  Other than that.....................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back