Perfect Bass Headphones for me? (SONGS INCLUDED)
Apr 28, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #17 of 33
@ beamthegreat -eq will increase quantity of bass, but not quality and extension.
IMHO, to get the optimum results, if you're a basshead, start with a can that goes deeper, and does so without stress...

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #20 of 33
imo based off brief in store impressions the XB700s will sound as 'clublike' as any headphone can get, if that's what you're after. Not my definition of perfect bass though.

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by mothot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well eventually i think that unless the ath-m50 are really bassy i think i'll just go for the XB700 they seem to be the kind of bass im aiming for

I don't think M50 will produce the type of bass you want, I've tried them myself. M50 has very clean mid - upper bass, not that pronounced deep bass and as far as quantity goes, if you're a real basshead it might not justify, if you're not a basshead you might find them a bit bassy so it depends who you're asking.

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #22 of 33
I normally hate electro but this is some good stuff.

Well what can I say these tracks sound amazing on PRO 900.

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I normally hate electro but this is some good stuff.

Well what can I say these tracks sound amazing on PRO 900.

first of all im glad u liked the tracks
biggrin.gif

second! do u mean the Ultrasone PRO 900?? the 500$ Ultrasone 500$??
cause im pretty sure i said that my budget is limited to 100$...
andddd
i know the perfect for me are somewhere just waiting for me the click BUY!
pls help me find them T_T
every 2 posts every1 say something else i just want a hard bass that will give me a boom! every track
i dont want earphones that can handle bassy sines for hip hop im just looking for some the can emphasize the KICK sound (boom boom boom its like 2 in 1 sec)

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #24 of 33
I had to dish out more than 4 grand in headphone gear before I had realistic speaker-like bass. My suggestion is just buy a pair of cheap low impedence cans and equalize them.

Apr 28, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #25 of 33
Yea, it's a headphone, it won't kick your face like a sub or club speakers. That's just not going to happen unless there's a gimmick headphone out there that does this, and not Skullcandy's vibration thing.

Apr 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #27 of 33
Seriously if you REALLY want nice bass output without having to worry if it will be enough then grab an old Creative Audigy (1,2 or 4) card and install kX Audio drivers (it's some 3rd party drivers built from scratch and share nothing common with the Creative ones) and use the easily driven bass monsters Sennheiser HD 212 Pro rated 32 ohms and 112dB. The kX Audio drivers have the best bass sound I've ever heard (better than X-Fi or Auzentech at least) and there's like no limit of how much you can equalize, if one EQ is not enough, simply add another! I never tried more than with 2 EQs but teoretically you could add at least 3 EQs to it which would give you a whooping +36dB if desiring to any of the frequencies. It's hardware DSP EQ that work by far better than any software ones would which mostly only ruins the sound more than it helps but this EQ works wonderfully.

Whenever I want to FEEL some bass kick to my face I usually load this setting. I'd say it sounds a bit like a subwoofer. The bass output is still very clean without distortion, just strong.
smily_headphones1.gif
Creative drivers would start distort already with bass slider at 70~80% which also didn't even strengthen it that much. My poor 212 Pros has survived over 2 years despite abusing them like this but it works really well with them.
tongue.gif
AKG K 518 DJ's bass is a bit too punchy to sound good with that much bass, but the Senn's bass is softer and go deeper. M50 also handled this setting very well altho have to lower the high frequencies a bit cuz they already do such a great job with them so it would become too bright with +7.5dB at 8k to 16k Hz range.

xf6lnk.jpg

It makes bass-shy headphones sound quite bassheavy and already bass-heavy headphones sound like subwoofers. I always get a weird look from my friends if demoing the sound, they couldn't have imagined it would be possible to get subwoofer type of bass to headphones that doesn't distort either.

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #28 of 33
I say Xb700 sonys. if u have the 140$. They are GOod and ready to go.. They PUnch hard if u get amp Too.. But without the amp they still punch hard.. ANd they get deep without any distortion..

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #29 of 33
Ata Israeli? Samtee lev me-hasheereem...
Let us know what you choose, I'm curious..

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by mothot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
first of all im glad u liked the tracks
biggrin.gif

second! do u mean the Ultrasone PRO 900?? the 500$ Ultrasone 500$??
cause im pretty sure i said that my budget is limited to 100$...
andddd
i know the perfect for me are somewhere just waiting for me the click BUY!
pls help me find them T_T
every 2 posts every1 say something else i just want a hard bass that will give me a boom! every track
i dont want earphones that can handle bassy sines for hip hop im just looking for some the can emphasize the KICK sound (boom boom boom its like 2 in 1 sec)

Yeah sorry.

BUT! these tracks sound amazing on XB700 too. You should definitely consider them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back